Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Just had to take my bike in for service. No riding for days :(

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Just had to take my bike in for service. No riding for days :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-20, 11:04 AM

Bikes: 2020 Lynskey GR300, 1987 Diamondback Ascent, 1991 Skykomish Marble Point, 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, 1996 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1992 GT Karakoram

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 226 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by bonsai171
Over time, you may find that the tools you buy will work on multiple bikes. I bought a cassette tool for a new build thinking, "when will I ever use this again" and as it turns out, all 3 of my geared bikes use that tool. It's nice to take off the entire cassette, degrease it, and pop on a nice shiny cassette. Makes a difference in shifting and wear and tear. Same for a crankset puller. Can't tell you how many cranks I've pulled with that.

Dave
Got the park tool crankset puller, pedal wrench(lots of use!) and cable snipper/pliers. Expensive but seem to be sturdy and well made. Haven’t bought chain whip yet as 2 of my bikes have freewheels so need freewheel removal tools and there are so many standards. Luckily they’re all cheap. Wishlist is either park tool’s headset installer or DIY one using RJ the bike guy’s hardware store special. Also the Chainlift but manufacturer said they’re working on a new version that is compatible with GRX long cage rear derailleurs. Great for quick wheel swaps, diagnosing disc brakes.