Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Opinions on my new Colnago, what would you do?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Opinions on my new Colnago, what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-22, 07:01 AM

Bikes: they change so much I'm tired of updating this

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1220 Post(s)
Liked 1,135 Times in 433 Posts
Luckily my buddy gave me a full refund. He’s going to try to sell it as is for a discounted price.
Old 09-07-22, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 2,320 Times in 1,298 Posts
sloar, I think you made the right choice. Although I know nothing about these frames , it looks to me like you would’ve been buying into a problem instead of something that would bring miles of smiles. Fortunately your friend did the right thing and all you lost was time in cleaning and inspecting the bike. I have bought bikes that needed a lot of work and I knew that going in “project bikes” but I have not bought crashed or broken frames . Cleaning and removing some oxidation is one thing but frame integrity must be there, if only for safety.
Old 09-07-22, 08:28 AM

Bikes: too many sparkly Italians, some sweet Americans and a couple interesting Japanese

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked 604 Times in 418 Posts
Glad to hear Sloar, I love Colnagos but though this Ernesto's worse attempt at innovation. Having done some wind tunnel testing I thought it foolish along with all the other Colnago BS around compliance, etc. and it delivered more difficult welding at the BB Shell, heavier frame, etc., so it looks stupid to me.
Likes For easyupbug:
Old 09-07-22, 12:04 PM

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by easyupbug
.....I love Colnagos but though this Ernesto's worse attempt at innovation.
I love ALAN to the Moon and back ad it seems their problem with cracking lugs (as the original creators of the Bitubo) persist even when said lugs are long not there. Although the error moved from head and/or seat lug to the place of the bb.