Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Your Dream Speedsuit

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-18, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
this Forum won’t allow me to post a URL - apparently you need to have posted 10 times before you get such privilege!! ....go figure!

Anyway, you need to google “Cycling Weekly Speedsuit review” - an excellent analytical comparison in the UK publication “Cycling Weekly” of the most popular suits published at end 2017.

I was shocked when I read this article. I had been using a Santini long sleeved speedsuit and thought it fitted me well, so it must be fast. Never thought there could be really much speed difffernce from one well fitted suit to another.

Oh how wrong I clearly was!!!
Old 01-19-18, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
take any speedsuit data with a BIG grain of salt. I've tested a good number of suits (and quite a few in the tunnel) and all bets are off if I was guessing for one specific person. I've seen cheapo team issue skinsuits test well, and I have a couple of VERY high end suits that were worse than club suits.
The only suit I've seen always do great (but not always best) when tested was the NIKE... that suit was way ahead of it's time.

If you had the resources, my gut tells me that the custom CFD trip suit tailored to you specifically would be hard to beat...but that's just my hunch. Otherwise, a lot of it is guessing. (I do wonder what happens if you buy an off the shelf suit with speed panels/trips/etc and they don't fit the contour of your body/position well... I assume it's not a good thing!)
Old 01-20-18, 09:02 AM
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
BioRacer's US distributor is in FL, I think.

BELGIUMBIKE

I have not bought anything from them. But one of their reps was really responsive via email. So, this isn't an endorsement. Just passing info along.
Appreciate the tip, sent them an email
Old 01-20-18, 06:02 PM

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

BELGIUMBIKE

I have not bought anything from them. But one of their reps was really responsive via email. So, this isn't an endorsement. Just passing info along.
You can buy the bioracer suit at the link below, which is European, and they will ship to you. I know because I bought the last one a few weeks ago and they are now out of stock. They will be back in stock in the April timeframe but I would go to the URL periodically and see. I love this suit.

https://www.salden.nl/en/bioracer-sp...it-201310.html
Old 01-21-18, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Or try Nopinz in the UK - they stock and sell Bioracer suits - always great service, I would expect that they would be happy to ship anywhere
Old 01-21-18, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
^Have bought from Blake/Nopinz quite a few times. Always fast and great service (to TN)
Old 02-08-18, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I would also highly recommend the NoPinz suits. Really good quality and great customer service.
Old 02-11-18, 08:25 AM
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts

BELGIUMBIKE

I picked up a Bioracer suit from them in Med (their size suggestion). Very prompt delivery. Did a quick test fit on the trainer. Fits is a little smoother than the L Assos I rode last year. Looks fast, seems to be well made & should get me through the season.