Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Did You Ride Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-17, 06:03 PM

Bikes: 2015 Ridley Fenix , 2009 Roark Custom Titanium TT Bike (Looking to sell)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No but I need to !!
Old 10-10-17, 06:04 PM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
My face was "healed up" after last Monday's treatment by my dermotologist so I did my usual 22 mile route.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 10-11-17, 05:05 PM
Beer & Bikes

Bikes: '20 Specialized Roubaix Expert, '20 Specialized Shiv Elite, '13 Specialized S-Works Epic

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 36 Posts
14-mile hill ride. Got a PR. Thought about nothing, just rode.
Old 10-12-17, 12:38 PM
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Went for a nice pizza ride today. In all the time I have lived here I have not ridden up to town proper, where all the eateries are. It's only 4 miles away taking the flatter route...so I added 16 on the front end and timed it to show up there at lunchtime. The porch was awesome, and they had Amber Bock on $1.50 special for lunch. Tasted great along with a pie.
Old 10-13-17, 03:31 PM
Life is good

Took the Cannondale out today for the first time in a while. The last few rides on it didn't seem all that comfortable but today's ride was very nice.
Did my usual 22 mile ride.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 10-19-17, 05:57 PM
Life is good

It was 9:30 AM, overcast and 69F when I got the the Withlacoochee Trail. Started out with a lightweight vest but it came off after about 6 miles. Did my usual 22 mile ride.

Old 10-31-17, 12:48 PM
Life is good

Left a little later than usual so it was a balmy 58F when I got to the Withlacoochee Trail. Did my usual ride of 23 miles. Lots of folks out riding. Many were new faces to me so I guess the first batch of snowbirds are here.

Old 11-16-17, 03:07 PM
Life is good

It was a balmy 58F when I got to the bike trail today. Did my usual 23 miles. It was 68F when I got back to the car. I guess really pleasant riding weather is here.

Old 11-20-17, 02:44 PM
Life is good

Another chamber of commerce day in west central FL. Sunny and 52F when I got to the trail. Did my usual ride to the north end and back. Not many riders at first. Saw quite a few while I was heading back to the car. I guess they were waiting for warmer temps.

Old 11-25-17, 05:05 PM
Life is good

Another nice day on the Withlacoochee Trail. It started out foggy and 56F but warmed up nicely by the time I was heading back to the car.
I took the Cannondale today after some minor adjustments yesterday. The ride was GREAT!!.

Old 11-28-17, 09:49 AM
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
I guess as a part of not riding on the road much anymore among other excuses like laziness, my riding has been tapering off considerably. This will be the first year in a long time that I haven't gotten 600+ miles. I have really developed a bit of an anxiety about riding on the road and some of the drivers in this area don't help. Typically I go down to a local lake/park and ride on the paths there and around the neighborhood there. My street and area really suck for riding due to the hilliness and poor visibility. Riding somewhere I feel comfortable requires me to load up in the truck which is a bit counter productive.

Meh, all excuses. I still try and get out at least once a week just to make use of my bike.
Old 12-03-17, 08:37 PM

Bikes: '09 Diamondback Insight 1, '05 Trek 3700 ( now a hybrid street/cross trail bike), (Vintage model) Kent Supreme 10 speed road cruiser, BMX (just for fun), Trek Multitrack 720 and a homebuilt recumbent low-rider.

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Foote
I guess as a part of not riding on the road much anymore among other excuses like laziness, my riding has been tapering off considerably. This will be the first year in a long time that I haven't gotten 600+ miles. I have really developed a bit of an anxiety about riding on the road and some of the drivers in this area don't help. Typically I go down to a local lake/park and ride on the paths there and around the neighborhood there. My street and area really suck for riding due to the hilliness and poor visibility. Riding somewhere I feel comfortable requires me to load up in the truck which is a bit counter productive.

Meh, all excuses. I still try and get out at least once a week just to make use of my bike.
At least you're still riding it, which is what counts. 😉
Old 12-12-17, 08:32 PM
Life is good

Haven't been out in well over a week. Got out today after being "stuck" at home with the warden (my wife ) supervising my work to REDO the yard. We're talking a major redo of the front, side and back.
After the big cold front that went thru this weekend I got out today. Took the Cannondale and did my usual 23 mile ride on the Withlacoochee Trail.

Old 12-13-17, 07:37 AM

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
forgot what a crazy busy month December is, even more so for us this year. there's a strong possibility I won't be back on any of my bikes until after Christmas
Old 12-17-17, 04:48 PM

Bikes: '09 Diamondback Insight 1, '05 Trek 3700 ( now a hybrid street/cross trail bike), (Vintage model) Kent Supreme 10 speed road cruiser, BMX (just for fun), Trek Multitrack 720 and a homebuilt recumbent low-rider.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A 20° warmer start on the withlacoochee trail than it was last Sunday, but still a good ride though.
I wonder what it will be like next Sunday. 🎅
Old 12-29-17, 09:58 AM
Life is good

I sort of rode today. Took the Litespeed out to make sure the new BB70 I installed yesterday was ok.
It was 48F and very gray when I got to the trailhead. Also tested my new Gore bike gloves. They did a good job of keeping my fingers warm. Rode 2 miles and decided it was too cold for my old bones so turned around and went back to the car and headed home.
Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for riding. Its supposed to be 45F at my usual time for getting to the trailhead. I'll wear a heavier jacket.

Old 01-16-18, 06:17 PM
Life is good

I did a short ride last Saturday because it was COLD for west central Florida. It was a bit warmer today and sunny. Did my usual ride on the Withlacoochee Trail. Good to be back out there.

Old 01-20-18, 03:21 PM
Life is good

I waited until the temps got a little warmer today. It was a tropical 49F when I got to the Withlacoochee Trail. The trail was deserted until I was near the north end of the trail, except for a few dog walkers that were bundled up like Eskimos. I've decided that all the carpetbaggers who come down here every winter are weenies. Their stories of all the snow, cold, etc "up home" doesn't mean a thing. Seems they don't come out to ride until its a bit warmer. By the time they were on the trail, I was shedding my jacket for a vest and changing my full finger gloves for half fine gloves.

Old 01-20-18, 08:19 PM

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

up North it was about the same. 44F for a 3.5 hr excursion on familiar pathways. saw a mix of ppl running in tank tops & shorts or walking in long coats

Old 01-21-18, 08:51 AM
Life is good

rumrunn6, I'm just curious. Since you live in the Boston area, why do you post in the SE subforum? I don't read or post in the NE subforum.

Old 01-21-18, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by RonH
rumrunn6, I'm just curious. Since you live in the Boston area, why do you post in the SE subforum? I don't read or post in the NE subforum.
oh sorry cuz I'm an idiot. musta replied by mistake long ago not noticing but hey you'd be welcome up here, no worries. wonder why a "did you ride" thread should be regional. I'm interested in hearing all about all cycling. but honestly, for all I know, the NE forum might have a "did you ride today" thread & I might even be subscribed to that one too

edit: unsubscribed

Last edited by rumrunn6; 01-23-18 at 04:32 AM.
Old 01-22-18, 03:28 PM
Life is good

Waited till after the fog lifted before I hit the trail today. Started with arm warmers and a vest. Removed both at the north end of the trail because the temp was in the low 60s by then. Did my usual ride.

Old 01-27-18, 05:01 PM
Life is good

It was semi-sunny and warm today. Nice change from the cool/cold weather we've been having. Did my usual ride to the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail and back.

Old 01-28-18, 08:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
up North it was about the same. 44F for a 3.5 hr excursion on familiar pathways. saw a mix of ppl running in tank tops & shorts or walking in long coats

Nice pic, it makes a change to be able to see what it's like in other parts of the country. 👍
Old 01-30-18, 03:32 PM
Life is good

It was a balmy 50F when I got to the trailhead today. Seems today was "I haven't ridden a bike in years so lets all go out today and ride". I came across an "unruly" bunch of "adults" within a few minutes of starting out. They were riding like a group of 4 year olds — they were all over the trail.
Did my usual ride to the north end. Nice headwind all the way, and a nice tailwind on the way south.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.