Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Race crash poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-16, 10:36 AM
neo-poster

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Allez Sprint, 2018 Specialized Tarmac SL6 Pro; Cannondale Slice RS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
1. Twice. Both in crits. Once hit the barriers hard trying to avoid a crash in front of me in a corner. Other one went down pretty softly.

2. Carbon

3. No. My body protected it pretty well.

4. n/a

Been in much scarier situations on training rides - group and solo.
Old 03-31-16, 04:32 PM
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts
Never crashed in a race, but got screwed up by other people crashing numerous times. I have very good "Spidey" senses and always knew when the feces would be hitting the rotating blades. As a then amateur racer I would back off and not risk life and limb.

I have crashed hard in local "world's" training rides that some people view as races. Once involved an ambulance ride.

I have also had one bad crash on a team training ride and that never happens except for that one time.

But I have to say that I am most scared riding local charity rides. Yikes! Racing is much safer than riding those.