Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

What do you see here?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

What do you see here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-20, 10:25 AM
Hoards Thumbshifters

Bikes: '23 Black Mtn MC, '87 Bruce Gordon Chinook, '08 Jamis Aurora, '86 Trek 560, '97 Mongoose Rockadile, & '91 Trek 750

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Thank you all for you observations and responses.

Yes, I was also thinking the jockey cage plates were bent. When I noticed that most here agreed, I decided to take the derailleur apart to confirm. Yup. Both bent; the rear plate was the worse of the two.

One washer was missing, but l had a spare. When I put that spare in to see what things looked like the bend was obvious. All fixed now, plus I learned how to dismantle/rebuild a CDA RD - which is good practical knowledge to pass along to my buddy when it comes time for him to put the correct set of jockey wheels in there.

DD
Well we need to see the after pics....
Old 10-20-20, 08:52 PM

Bikes: ’85 Pinarello Treviso

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 40 Posts
I’ll add that those Bullseye “speed” pulleys are likely considerably narrower than the original Cd’A pulleys, which could throw things out of whack if spaced unevenly. I overhauled my NR derailleur recently and replaced my well-worn Bullseyes with NOS Campagnolo pulleys. The Bullseyes measured 6mm wide; the NR pulleys 10.5mm. Not sure how wide Cd’A pulleys are, but I’ll bet they’re wider than Bullseyes.

Last edited by ManekiNico; 10-20-20 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Addition