Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

AliExpress orders

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-20, 12:59 PM
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
USPS is so bad, that the Postmaster affixed a sticker to my mailbox telling the carrier to double check the name and address - and I still get other peoples mail, and they get mine!
Old 07-27-20, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by zebra6331
Only good thing about ordering from Aliexpress lately is that most things have been taking so long, I dispute, get refunded, then weeks later things show up. But now, I think I'm going to try to buy American.
Same, I had a bunch of orders for small items ($2-$20 range) placed in February / March for the riding season, and I had at least 5 disputes where the item still showed up 2-6 weeks later. Even now I am seeing some items that are shipping from USA warehouses when they were supposed to come from China because the logistics are so messed up, and the sellers don't want to keep eating these losses.

I wish there was a better way than AliExpress, but some of the niche items are impossible to find elsewhere, or the same item cost twice as much on Amazon, which itself is just a huge storefront for these random name Chinese brands making everything now.
Old 07-27-20, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 22 Posts
This is what can happen when one chooses to engage with depraved communist filth.
Likes For son_of_clyde:
Old 07-29-20, 04:03 AM

Bikes: Merida Speeder

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 115 Posts
Do you guys have Decathlon in the US? I just bought a pair of shorts from them for about US $10 and they're really good. Very comfortable and great value.

They have a range of decent OEM stuff like you get on Aliexpress, but it's been tested, so it's the good Aliexpress stuff. Basically Made in China everything that's been tested for a certain level of quality.

They even do some really decent bikes, especially in the UK, under the Triban brand. I have also been buying their cheap running shorts to slip on over bike shorts, so there's not a Moose Knuckle rampage in convenience stores if I want a drink or whatever. Their hiking t-shirts are great for cycling too; very light and cool for summer.
Old 07-29-20, 06:52 AM

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by PDKL45
Do you guys have Decathlon in the US?
I just checked and interestingly they started having at least an on-line US presence: www.decathlon.com/ From the European experience, they have been for me a bit too midway. In longterm I would want more quality than at Decathlon. For a trial, I might want to look for better deals. However, for someone warming up to some sports or outdoor activity they should be fine and it is obviously good to have more options for anyone.
Old 07-30-20, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 24 Posts
FWIW; On Sunday I ordered tires, cable tool, and some cables from Chain Reaction Bikes in England. (I live in rural Maryland) The stuff ( with all the customs stickers) was in my mailbox yesterday, so ~3 days. I'm not making this up....and it was their free shipping option. If I mail myself a letter it doesn't get here that fast.

They ship DHL air