Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Serial Number Identification

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Bianchi Serial Number Identification

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-23, 11:43 AM
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,492 Posts
Originally Posted by Telecine
Thank you Bianchigirl, much appreciated.

I am reasonably confident that it is all original, perhaps they had some left over components when they discontinued the Campione del Mondo.

It is cleaning up nicely and should be a good riding bike.
yEAH oK

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 07-01-23, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchigirl, thanks for the response. I am familiar with the Mega Pro and Mega Tube models. As far as a model name, would they have just referred to this as a Steel Mega Set Bianchi? I understand that an aluminum variant followed shortly after this model was produced. The frame and fork weigh in at 5 pounds total.
You have to tell me where you got the chain stay protector strip shown on your '97 Mega Tube.
Old 07-01-23, 04:29 PM
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by Pedal Master
Bianchigirl, thanks for the response. I am familiar with the Mega Pro and Mega Tube models. As far as a model name, would they have just referred to this as a Steel Mega Set Bianchi? I understand that an aluminum variant followed shortly after this model was produced. The frame and fork weigh in at 5 pounds total.
You have to tell me where you got the chain stay protector strip shown on your '97 Mega Tube.
Yes something like that. Unfortunately I can't nail this down. I don't have a 2000 Bianchi USA catalog and nothing else in the catalogs looks like that. It's a cool looking frame. Are you in any Bianchi groups on the FaceBook? Maybe one of them can shed some light on the subject

Bianchi USA was selling those protectors around 2010

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 07-03-23, 06:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How does Bianchi usually respond to inquires about older models when a serial number, description, and image is provided?
Old 07-04-23, 06:50 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just noticed a decal on the non-drive side of the top tube. What appeared to be a black line running through a series of colored squares is actually printed "Campione del Mondo". I know that Bianchi did use this model name. I don't know if this is to indicate the model name of this bike or is just advertising?
Old 07-11-23, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help to identify an old Bianchi

Hi, I’m new to the forum and looking for some help in identifying an old Bianchi bike. I got it from my son’s father in-law. He bought it in Feb 84, rode it for a few years and it’s been hanging in the garage since. Unfortunately he does not know the model or much about the bike. I cannot find any catalog with it in it. I’m looking to restore it and want to make sure I keep it original. I’m hoping someone can identify it for me and possibly have some catalog info to pass along. Below is a description
  • Red Frame(OJI Hi-Maganese) Chrome forks
  • gold Bianchi & Piaggio decals
  • Suntour ARX Derailleurs, Sugino GT Crankset
  • Dia Compe Brakes
  • ser# LS290271
based on some earlier post, this could be a 1983/84 Bianchi Bici II. I’m not a fan of the Red and was wondering if it was sold in other colours. I’m hoping it came in Celeste. Im one of those that believe Bianchis should alway be Celeste
since I’m new I do not think I can attach pictures. Any help would be appreciated
Old 07-26-23, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all, new here and hoping to get some help IDing and old Bianchi road bike I got my hands on a while back. The serial number is LS206836. Hi-Mn OJI Original Frame stickers and a Piaggio decal. The frame is black with a mostly gold Bianchi letting (small blue highlight on that). The paint is pretty beat up so it’s hard to make out much more than that. I would love to learn a little more about this bike so anything you know would be helpful, thanks in advance!
Old 08-06-23, 08:34 AM

Bikes: 1988 Specialized Rockhopper Comp, 2012 Goodrich Randoneuse, 2016 A-Train, 2022 Wilde Dream Engine, 2022 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 36 Posts
Hello! I'd appreciate some help with IDing this Bianchi I bought yesterday. I bought it from the second owner, who bought it in the early 90s, who bought it from the original owner, probably in the early 80s would be my guess? The seller said something about "custom" but I'm thinking that is just the custom parts the original owner

It came with a box of mostly campy components from the original owner. It is somewhat a mystery as to what parts were originally on the bike and what was replaced. As it sits, it has Campi seatpost, shifters, crankset, NR deraillers, Modolo Flash brakes, 3TTT stem and handlebars, Turbo saddle, and then Shimano brakes and pedals. In the box of parts are two sets of campi pedals, brake calipers and levers, another set of NR derailleurs and shifters, another crankset label Bianchi with Strada on the backside.

Serial number on the seat cluster reads 3.M 1500. I've not delved into Italian bikes or components much, so pardon my ignorance and thanks for any help you can provide!

Old 08-06-23, 09:07 AM
Bianchi Goddess

IS THAT HEADTUBE CRACKED??

Originally Posted by twolve
Hello! I'd appreciate some help with IDing this Bianchi I bought yesterday. I bought it from the second owner, who bought it in the early 90s, who bought it from the original owner, probably in the early 80s would be my guess? The seller said something about "custom" but I'm thinking that is just the custom parts the original owner

It came with a box of mostly campy components from the original owner. It is somewhat a mystery as to what parts were originally on the bike and what was replaced. As it sits, it has Campi seatpost, shifters, crankset, NR deraillers, Modolo Flash brakes, 3TTT stem and handlebars, Turbo saddle, and then Shimano brakes and pedals. In the box of parts are two sets of campi pedals, brake calipers and levers, another set of NR derailleurs and shifters, another crankset label Bianchi with Strada on the backside.

Serial number on the seat cluster reads 3.M 1500. I've not delved into Italian bikes or components much, so pardon my ignorance and thanks for any help you can provide!

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-06-23, 09:19 AM
Bianchi Goddess

What is the BB threading? Seatpost diameter? I suspect it’s one of many mid level TreTubi Columbus w/ Falck stays, and being red the ‘84 Nuovo Racing is a good candidate. Also the the ‘85 Stelvio with an Alle R frame is good possibility too. What model are those Modolo brakes.

That ‘Bianchi’ crankset looks like a Ofmega Competition so that has me leaning towards the ‘84.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-06-23, 09:22 AM

Bikes: 1988 Specialized Rockhopper Comp, 2012 Goodrich Randoneuse, 2016 A-Train, 2022 Wilde Dream Engine, 2022 Salsa Mukluk

Oh my gosh, I totally overlooked that, yes, it is most definitely is cracked.

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
IS THAT HEADTUBE CRACKED??
Old 08-06-23, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
What is the BB threading? Seatpost diameter? I suspect it’s one of many mid level TreTubi Columbus w/ Falck stays, and being red the ‘84 Nuovo Racing is a good candidate. Also the the ‘85 Stelvio with an Alle R frame is good possibility too. What model are those Modolo brakes.

That ‘Bianchi’ crankset looks like a Ofmega Competition so that has me leaning towards the ‘84.

Thank you thank you! 84 Nuovo Racing appears to be correct. Modolo Flash brakes. It was a good enough deal for all the parts, but I will bring this to my local frame builder to get ideas about that crack to see if it is possible/worthwhile to fix.

Last edited by twolve; 08-06-23 at 10:37 AM.
Likes For twolve:
Old 08-06-23, 10:49 AM
Bianchi Goddess

How does Bianchi usually respond to inquires about older models when a serial number, description, and image is provided?
I just noticed a decal on the non-drive side of the top tube. What appeared to be a black line running through a series of colored squares is actually printed "Campione del Mondo". I know that Bianchi did use this model name. I don't know if this is to indicate the model name of this bike or is just advertising?

Sadly I don’t they they did a good keeping track of serials as an archival resource but more for facilitating recalls. Additionally I don’t think anyone is still there from the steel days.

Bianchi and model decals with a line running through it date to around ‘88. In the US the ‘88 Campione de Italia had a typical mix of Suntour Cyclone derailleurs, Ofmega cranks and Modolo brakes. The ‘89 had a similar mix but everything was branded Quattro.

anybpics?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-06-23, 10:57 AM
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by tb57
Hi, I’m new to the forum and looking for some help in identifying an old Bianchi bike. I got it from my son’s father in-law. He bought it in Feb 84, rode it for a few years and it’s been hanging in the garage since. Unfortunately he does not know the model or much about the bike. I cannot find any catalog with it in it. I’m looking to restore it and want to make sure I keep it original. I’m hoping someone can identify it for me and possibly have some catalog info to pass along. Below is a description
  • Red Frame(OJI Hi-Maganese) Chrome forks
  • gold Bianchi & Piaggio decals
  • Suntour ARX Derailleurs, Sugino GT Crankset
  • Dia Compe Brakes
  • ser# LS290271
based on some earlier post, this could be a 1983/84 Bianchi Bici II. I’m not a fan of the Red and was wondering if it was sold in other colours. I’m hoping it came in Celeste. Im one of those that believe Bianchis should alway be Celeste
since I’m new I do not think I can attach pictures. Any help would be appreciated
Good Morning. You bike sounds like what in the US market was a Classica or maybe a Special but that had a TreTubi ChroMo frameset. It was probably built in Taiwan or Japan and if it came in another color it was likely a blue or black color. Celeste bikes not built in Italy were not common in the US until the ‘88 model year when the Sport SX was offered in Celeste. Any pics?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-06-23, 10:58 AM
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by twolve
Thank you thank you! 84 Nuovo Racing appears to be correct. Modolo Flash brakes. It was a good enough deal for all the parts, but I will bring this to my local frame builder to get ideas about that crack to see if it is possible/worthwhile to fix.
That’s too bad, while it isn’t a top of the line frame it would surely have been a great rider.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-17-23, 04:42 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help to identify bianchi frame

Hi! My first post in this forum.Just acquired a bianchi frame which seems like a 2016 Freccia Celeste but need help to identify if this frame is really original or (hopefully not) fake.
- hourglass shape headtube
- diamond shape tubing
- SN T228910249 on bottom bracket shell
- unfortunately already repainted to dark grey with 2016 Freccia Celeste decals, but the UCI and "Handmade in Italy, Reparto Corse" sticker seems like removed from previous paintjob and re-stick after repainted
Judging from the tube and overall shape, I'm quite confident this is original Bianchi, but what made me doubt is:
- Cable routing on top tube is in the right-hand side, while I checked in the internet mostly this model cable routing is on the left-hand side
- Bottle cage mount only on the downtube, nothing on the seat tube

I'll try to upload the images in my profile album, hope you guys can give some enlightment. Cheers!
Old 08-25-23, 09:40 PM

Bikes: Emonda, 79/80 Colnago Super, early 80s Eddy Merckx, end 70/beginning 80s Somec Super Corsa, Santa Cruz Bronson

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 34 Posts
Hi, this one showed up in my local CL. Anyone knows if this is real Bianchi, if yes, which model and roughly year?

It has Bianchi Special Columbus tubing and fork (Celeste stickers) but looks more like a 90s model with the roundish fork crown.

The Bottom bracket code is FO 8595

Thank you

Old 08-26-23, 10:45 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi identification

Can y’all help me also? I have a Bianchi orsetto from my grandfather and I don’t know anything about…..please help me. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by nolageek
Is there a site that has the Bianchi serial numbers cross refferences with date of manufacture? I tried e-mail Bianchiusa and they told me there "is no serial number database" that they can look at to tell me more about my bike. I find that odd, but that's what they told me.

Any other suggestions?

Vincent
Old 08-27-23, 04:01 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
50€ Bianchi / Red Metallic

Hey guys,
I'm kinda new and wanted to know which model I have :-)
Thanks for all your help, and al thel commitment in identifying all these serial numbers/models!

I bought this red metallic Bianchi second-hand for 50€

S/N: AS29649
Color: Red Metallic or Brown-ish, Chrome tipped Forks
Gears: 2x6

Maybe I'll reach 10 posts then I can also send some pictures about it

Cheers!
Old 10-04-23, 12:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey!
I need your help identifying this Bianchi model (?) and it's production date. The seriel number on the head tube is 755209. Could it be a Strada mixte from 1986/1987? The components are identical with this one:
Bianchi Campione del Mondo (on buycycle)
Shimano Light Action rear derailleur
Ofmega headset and crankset
Old 12-20-23, 11:20 PM

Bikes: a few that I can't recall

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 302 Times in 147 Posts
Ok. Lets not start a new thread when all the experts are here. In fact it's pretty much a family tradition by now.

Traded for one of my precious Suntour Ultra-6 freewheels:
One Bianchi frame, repainted Celeste, but appears to have been Celeste after peeking inside.
Serial number on headtube 4B xxxxx
Long Campagnolo dropouts, with a cast notch on the rear of the NDS dropout. Never seen that on any bike.

wierd notch, plus divers helmet in background with 4,5mm I.D.

No braze ons AT ALL besides divers helmet.
Bianchi styled headset, not built in but "rounded".

Faux integrated headset
Fork seems original, but crappy brazing on chromed faux Campagnolo dropouts

Seatpost 26.2mm

I would like help to figure out what year / era to repaint and finish this build. I have a set of Campagnolo 3 bolt Sport cranks that would look great, along with chrome steel Valentino (?) derailleurs if this is early. I have smooth 5 bolt Campagnolo if its late Bianchi.

Last edited by Reynolds 531; 12-20-23 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-09-24, 05:18 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, everyone!
I am new to the forum as I bought my first vintage bikes just last week. It was very cheap and the ad read "Bianchi Astrid 28". When we met, the seller was very uncertain about the origins and model of the bike. He said someone just gave it to him at some point. I nonetheless liked the bike and how it drove, although visually it's pretty run down and needs a new paintjob. I wish to restore it to its original state and respect it. That drove me to spending hours, after buying it, in trying to find the Bianchi frame online but even though I found models that came close, none really overlapped it's features 100%. As you will see most of the components aren't stock (maybe just rims and breakes, shifters and perhaps stem+handlebar); not even sure about the fork, as the Bianchi ones I saw online closely resemble but look somehow different. Maybe it was an original one like those bottom-half chrome ones, but was savagely painted over.

At this point (after so many hours of sieving through Bianchi photos on the internet), I'm starting to even wonder whether it is a Bianchi at all! Oh yes, the paint is in dire condition, as you can see. Which means that whoever said previous owner was, he definitely did a ****** job at repainting the frame with red spray paint, so I don't even know what the original color is. Maybe they just slapped some Bianchi decals they could find - such as the 'Astrid SX' sticker (a 90s MTB model from my research), because they wanted it to look like one... still though, it has so many Bianchi stickers (see those on seat tube) which I wonder how they would've gotten, if this frame wasn't Bianchi to begin with.
I would really appreciate your help given your serious expertise in helping me identify it!

The Serial No. on the rear of the seat tube, NOT on the bottom bracket and it is: NH4205944

First, here is a photo of the entire bike: Looks like a touring model to me.
drive.google.com/file/d/1gI06647Hrh4n4mEE5WokZ4ZLDd61YCCM/view?usp=sharing

Many thanks for any info!
Old 01-11-24, 07:29 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,

Just figures out my frame's a Raleigh from either late 60s or early 70s. Any guesses as to the model and year?

Perhaps a Grand Prix or a Super Course, however I don't find both Head lugs and Seat Lug style matching on anything online. Also the pump pegs are a peculiarity.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-24, 05:36 PM

Bikes: 1981 Raleigh GP, 1985 Norco Bush Pilot, . . .

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by IvanTheTerified
Hi,

Just figures out my frame's a Raleigh from either late 60s or early 70s. Any guesses as to the model and year?

Perhaps a Grand Prix or a Super Course, however I don't find both Head lugs and Seat Lug style matching on anything online. Also the pump pegs are a peculiarity.

Thanks!
From the serial number the first digit is the year of frame manufacture, 4 = 1974 or 1984. Because of the location of the serial number probably 1974.

The Carlton Cobra and Carlton Rudge are a reasonable match to your frame.
Old 02-05-24, 07:35 PM
Look fast ride slow

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hi. Long time lurker here. I was recently given a Bianchi Veloce Chromolite "Reparto Corse" frameset and I'm trying to nail down a year. My best guess is somewhere between 1997 and 2001 as I've seen a few bikes that resemble it but none are exact.

It's celeste and has the wavy yellow designs around the model name and down on the chainstays. It has a carbon fork with a 1" threaded steerer, and it has the bent/wavy stays. The downtube is also shaped. I'd post photos but I have to have 10 posts so I can't.

I'm assuming that in this era, BIanchi used the same frame for several bikes and the name simply designated which level of components were attached to it (Veloce, Mirage, etc).

The number stamped into the BB shell is WA9030205A.

In any case, the frameset is in great shape and my plan is to rebuild it with Centaur 11 and ride it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Likes For Joeski_NW:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.