Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Wheelbuiders: I have a problem, need advice

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Wheelbuiders: I have a problem, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-20, 08:18 PM
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
Originally Posted by Salamandrine
You would only do it this way if the second spoke clockwise from the valve is one the drive side of the rim, and you use that as your key spoke.

In this situation, you could also instead put in the NDS pulling spokes first, then install the drive side pulling spokes one hole clockwise from them. Same difference in the end.
Exactly - only if the drive side key spoke hole is the second hole clockwise of the valve on the drive side.

Putting the NDS spokes in first is an easier way to explain it, indeed. At any rate, the spoke orientation always winds up in the wrong place if I follow Sheldon's article when building a rim of said design.

-Kurt