Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bianchi, Giant or Canyon?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Bianchi, Giant or Canyon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-18, 06:08 AM

Bikes: 2011 Giant Seek R3, 2015 Specialized Allez Elite, 2017 Giant TCR Advanced 2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
No TCR Advanced 1 stateside?

Also the the Advanced Pro model might be more comparable to the canyon, but it comes with carbon wheels too.

If you like the Bianchi the most and you can afford it, you should do that. Especially if you already know you like riding.
Old 11-07-18, 06:27 AM

Bikes: Ridley Helium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I have none of these bikes. But I have owned many different bikes and I can say without a doubt, get the one that appeals to you the most. Every time I look at it, I want to jump on and go for a ride. To me it looks and feels fast. I have had bikes that are good, but not 100% in the looks department for me.. I still rode them, but was never satisfied.. Until I got the one I really wanted.

YMMV
Old 11-08-18, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 290 Posts
I test rode the Aria and it was too harsh IMO. The TCR is aggressive but not too uncomfortable. I ended up getting the TCR and love it.
Old 11-08-18, 09:33 PM
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
I would get a Canyon. they look awesome, a bit more rare around here anyways. I like their style and when it comes for me to get a new bike I am going to order one. I like you can get right from factory too, that is kind of cool. My LBS did one for a customer and they said it was a pretty easy experience, bikes are sweet to IMO. Just something about them I like.

for 2500 bones I think they are pretty nice rides!
Old 11-08-18, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Caliwild
I test rode the Aria and it was too harsh IMO. The TCR is aggressive but not too uncomfortable. I ended up getting the TCR and love it.
Thanks its helpful to have a direct comparison by someone who has ridden both bikes. I love the look of the Bianchi but really overall feel more drawn at this point to the TCR.
Old 11-08-18, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Canyon CF SL 8.0
Old 11-09-18, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 290 Posts

Originally Posted by cloud5
Thanks its helpful to have a direct comparison by someone who has ridden both bikes. I love the look of the Bianchi but really overall feel more drawn at this point to the TCR.
The TCR just feels right in terms of overall weight (mine is down to 15lbs with pedals and cages), responsiveness and comfort. It feels better than lots of bikes that cost a lot more. Here's mine...
Old 11-09-18, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is it difficult to get a Canyon bike to the states? I know at one time they were a challenge?
Old 11-09-18, 11:14 AM

Bikes: 2018 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 2016 Bombtrack Arise Campy build cross bike 2005 Fuji Outland Pro

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud5
So I have been riding for over a decade now. i got started on used bikes off of ebay and then bought a Kestrel about eight years ago, but I am ready to make a more serious investment in a bike ($2-2.5K) and have started looking and trying to dial in what I want.

Bianchi Aria 105
Giant TCR Advanced 2 or disc
Canyon CF SL 8.0

One of my first bikes was a Bianchi and I love the aero frame on the Aria 105. However, I have seen great reviews all over the place about the Giant TCR Advanced and my LBS is a giant dealer. However I also like the look and have heard good things about the Canyon CF SL 8.0. Im not sure about the compact geometry of the Giant frame.

Anyone have experience with the above bikes? What did you like or not like? Is an Aero frame worth the extra money? Obviously I know that I will need to ride the bikes and get a feel for them. But I thought I would start here for some feedback and suggestions.
Which Canyon CF SL 8? There is a Aeroad version, a Ultimate version, an Endurace version and a grail version? More options if you consider disk verses rim brakes or Di2 versus mechanical too.
Old 11-09-18, 11:23 AM

Bikes: 2018 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 2016 Bombtrack Arise Campy build cross bike 2005 Fuji Outland Pro

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cycleworld51
Is it difficult to get a Canyon bike to the states? I know at one time they were a challenge?
No. Now there are some models on the Canyon European site that are not available on the US site, but I have had my Canyon for about a year now and their inventory is much better now than it was when I bought mine.
Old 11-09-18, 01:47 PM

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
Since you're looking for aero, have you looked at the Fuji Transonic? $1500 for a 2.3 with Ultegra (except for the crank, but you'll also get $150 in credit that you could put towards a crank swap if you want). I've got about 250 miles on mine and love it (but I am also new to cycling in general and have nothing to compare it to, except the used Tarmac I started with).
Old 11-09-18, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Love the TCR in the Sunweb colors
The frameset, imo, is the best of all the bikes discussed here.
Overall value, though, may be different.

Originally Posted by Caliwild

The TCR just feels right in terms of overall weight (mine is down to 15lbs with pedals and cages), responsiveness and comfort. It feels better than lots of bikes that cost a lot more. Here's mine...