Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Cannot "anchor" bike rack in apartment

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Cannot "anchor" bike rack in apartment

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-23, 11:09 AM

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3465 Post(s)
Liked 1,470 Times in 1,147 Posts
Originally Posted by DiegoFrogs
A note about the purchase from Amazon: The building had electronic lockers for deliveries. Each time it was listed as "delivered to locker," and nowhere to be found with no notification from the locker system. Building management wouldn't even try to look and locker company wasn't local. After three tries, I just asked for a refund. I re-ordered site-to-store through Home Depot, and that worked great and was even cheaper. Fast forward a year, and the security guard stopped me going out one night about three packages the building manager had found jammed up in the lockers... The look on my face when she wheeled them out must've been priceless. They must've put all the labels on a side that couldn't possibly face the camera that looks for residents' names and addresses. This all took place before Amazon started attaching pictures of the delivered item to delivery notification e-mails. I also had issues with small packages where the driver would put a small label over my name before putting packages in the lockers, but the new manager was good about giving me the keys to unlock the whole damn locker system to search for them.
I live in a condo complex with 14 separate buildings, buildings range from 3 to 8 condos each, laid out in a random pattern on a map, four different driveways with interior roads that do not connect, total of 96 units. Thus, it is easy to get lost or not be able to find a specific unit. The post office and UPS delivery people that come every day know what is where. But Amazon drivers are not assigned to the same geographic area, different locations every day, so Amazon drivers sometimes are clueless. One of my packages was delivered to the "mail room" but there is no mail room. I called Amazon, they suggested that I talk to someone that has lived here for several years to find out where the mail room is, I told her I have been here for over 20 years and used to be on the board of directors, I know that there is no mail room. Apparently the Amazon driver threw all packages for our complex into a pile outside and drove away. It was mid-winter, soon the packages were covered in snow.