Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Biking gloves - suggestions?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Biking gloves - suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-20, 01:39 PM

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by pakeboi
Currently not a good idea to wear gloves that are not disposable .
Wash your hands often .
To ride your own bike?
Old 05-18-20, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 29 Posts
I think it's more sanitary to not wear biking gloves at the moment .
I like Specialized gloves when I start wearing again .
Old 05-18-20, 01:47 PM
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2671 Post(s)
Liked 1,151 Times in 872 Posts
i use rock climbing gloves > leather is the best hand protection > comfy > durable - you will lose one bf they wear out > half finger is all season > my bike glove sz is med/lrg but i buy these in XL bc i want a loose fit >>>> a little pricey >>>
available at REI or AMAZON
Old 05-18-20, 01:59 PM

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 189 Posts
Originally Posted by pakeboi
I think it's more sanitary to not wear biking gloves at the moment .
I like Specialized gloves when I start wearing again .
Why, just curious?
Old 05-18-20, 02:08 PM

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
yes since my wife is new to biking she cant try any on. Now what about a pair with no padding? I need to keep pressure off my palms to keep my carpel tunnel in check.
Consider MTB gloves. I like the full finger but lightweight Dankine gloves. I buy them for the full fingers to protect my hands when doing long fix gear climbs but they also have little padding on the palms (apparently the MTBers have far less issue their), I currently am riding Giant MTBs. A lot cheaper and holding up well.

I am another who does not like a ton of padding on my gloves. I want to know what the road surface is. I also do not like to spend a lot of money on gloves. I feel it is tempting Murphy. Gloves are what get sacrificed in crashes. Spend a lot on them and Murphy might take notice. (I don't mind the $$s spent so much, I do mind the aftermath of crashes - a lot.) While Performance was going concern. I liked their glovest. Cheap, durable and comfortable. Still have a couple of pairs.

Ben
Old 05-20-20, 02:21 PM
QR-disc must die!!!

Bikes: '99 Trek 520, '20 Kona Sutra (FOR SALE 48cm), '21 Simon-Bikes mini-velo and a chromoly-framed folding bicycle with drop-bars and V-brakes, that rolls even while folded.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts
Add me to the list of crochet-glove fans. I'm still using a pair of Nashbar-branded gloves but have been looking for something to wear once these have retired. I tried the Planet Bike Tourus gloves a couple years ago and was very disappointed with them. Today I ordered a pair of the Aerius "Retro Mesh". They look like exactly what I want. I'll report back to say whether I like them or not.
Old 05-20-20, 02:35 PM

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Project One

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
While Performance was going concern. I liked their glovest. Cheap, durable and comfortable. Still have a couple of pairs.
I'm still using an old pair of Performance gloves that just refuse to wear out. I used them for a year with my trekking poles while hiking 5-6 days a week and now for 14 months cycling 4-7 days a week. They are close to indestructable, have very little padding and were cheap. Wish I'd have purchased a few pair.
Old 05-20-20, 02:39 PM

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Project One

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Nyah
Add me to the list of crochet-glove fans. I'm still using a pair of Nashbar-branded gloves but have been looking for something to wear once these have retired. I tried the Planet Bike Tourus gloves a couple years ago and was very disappointed with them. Today I ordered a pair of the Aerius "Retro Mesh". They look like exactly what I want. I'll report back to say whether I like them or not.
Do report back. I love crochet gloves and the tan lines they leave on the back of my hands but gave up on them after the last pair of Planet Bike glove fell apart after a few months.