Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

CL "porch find" '80s Pinarello Record?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

CL "porch find" '80s Pinarello Record?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-15, 03:28 PM

Bikes: LESS than I did a year ago!

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by leicanthrope
Yep, he's the other local that I was referring to. I'm more or less in the middle between you guys, up in Dunwoody. I'm still getting the lay of the land around here, in all honesty. I was here for a couple of months over the summer, but I've only officially lived here since the beginning of December. I am pleased that there seem to be more Fujis on the ground out here, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that spring cleaning will bring out some worthwhile examples.
Hi guys...I am up in Alpharetta...to put the positive positioning on it! And...actually, not too far from Dunwoody...live over near Peachtree Corners part of Alpharetta/Roswell/Milton/Johns Creek...

Welcome to the ATL area @leicanthrope ... question...you like riding MUP's? I have put a TON of miles on the Big Creek Greenway...
Old 12-29-15, 07:21 PM

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by francophile
If you weren't way the hell up there I'd say, "let's go grab a beer if that's your thing!", but instead I'll say, "if you're not strictly a spandex pack warrior on a mission, there's some fun, casual no-drop weekly rides in town which normally start up at Loose Nuts Cycles in Grant Park". This is one of the recent routes: Loose nuts intown loop - A bike ride in Atlanta, GA - it's a great exposure to the gamut of in-town neighborhoods, and there's plenty of places to grab a beer after. Beltline is almost here... There's going to be major connectivity through it and I expect a lot more riders in town when it finishes.
I do spandex out, but there's not much of a mission involved. A good chunk of that came from commuting, often times late at night, in an area with really bored cops. Excluding the summer dress and beach cruiser crowd that came out from time to time, 99.9% of the cyclists in my old stomping grounds were weekend warriors on Cervelos, poor immigrants, or DUI convicts. Looking like the former, especially at half past midnight, saved me from getting hassled by Officer Richtown McBoredcop.

With the hills around here, especially those right where I live, I'll likely be coming out to be social again after winter's over. Over the last three months, I've probably gotten in as many miles as I'm used to knocking out in a week. Pair that with the hills, and my recent rediscovery of Southern cuisine, and I'm not exactly in the best shape at the moment. Picked up a trainer for Christmas, which should help. Got some rebuilding to do...
Old 12-29-15, 07:26 PM

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by daf1009
Hi guys...I am up in Alpharetta...to put the positive positioning on it! And...actually, not too far from Dunwoody...live over near Peachtree Corners part of Alpharetta/Roswell/Milton/Johns Creek...

Welcome to the ATL area @leicanthrope ... question...you like riding MUP's? I have put a TON of miles on the Big Creek Greenway...
You're not far at all. I'm up on the north side of town, more towards Sandy Springs.

I'm still scouting out the local MUP's. I've been eyeballing a trip out to the Silver Comet Trail. I wasn't always a fan of them back in California, but they get the job done. There was one that was part of my commute, except when it became impassible due to floods of soccer moms with jog strollers and yappy type dogs on retractable leashes. In general, they're looking extra appealing to me out here as I get used to the very different traffic patterns and the comparative lack of bike lanes and shoulders.
Old 01-03-16, 08:15 PM
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
If anyone is interested, here's some before/after shots after 1 treatment of Evapo-Rust, before hitting it with Turtles rusty chrome polish. Happy with the results.

Bummed the Evapo-Rust apparently impacted the Columbus stickers on the fork though, it bleached the brown part to white.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ds-cap.jpg (97.8 KB, 479 views)
ds-crown.jpg (103.5 KB, 482 views)
stays.jpg (101.3 KB, 480 views)

Last edited by francophile; 01-03-16 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-03-16, 08:20 PM
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Some more shots of the chainstays

Reminder of the untreated stuff:

Attached Images
IMG_3206.jpg (90.1 KB, 368 views)