Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Help a touring guy find a light comfy gravel bike

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Help a touring guy find a light comfy gravel bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-20, 10:18 AM
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10970 Post(s)
Liked 7,496 Times in 4,192 Posts
Originally Posted by badger_biker
I don't have a picture after the saddle swap but this is how it came stock.
Nice- and you got a bike with bar ends as a bit of homage to the touring and c&v side of your riding.

Diamondback and Raleigh gave such great value and creativity to multiple genres of bikes for 4 or so years. It clearly wasn't sustainable for them since they were sold yet again and their online discount pricing is nowhere near as impressive as it was.
Its a shame as both brands really had some cool gravel, road, travel, and mtb options for great prices.

This Haanjo is really nice looking. Great color scheme combines with solid components and wheels.
Old 05-05-20, 01:34 PM

Bikes: 10 vintage touring machines

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Nice- and you got a bike with bar ends as a bit of homage to the touring and c&v side of your riding.
Yes I prefer bar ends with a triple and wide range gearing. It's nice to be able to feather the FD when you need to.

Last edited by badger_biker; 05-05-20 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-05-20, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 67 Posts
Weirdly enough the people who bought Diamondback didn't buy Raleigh from Accel. They just bought the distribution for NA which is probably why Raleigh USA killed the corporate coupon.
Old 06-08-20, 01:24 AM

Bikes: Rohloffed Ti Lynskey 29er, Sonder Camino ti Gravel Bike, Mercian Tourer, Lynskey road bike, Brompton S2L-X folding bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by badger_biker
I'm heading for retirement and considering treating myself to a light and comfortable all purpose bike......

Criteria:
Light - I don't own or have ever ridden anything under 23 lbs....
Comfort
- as I age I like more height on the bars so help me out with something with higher stack height and upright positioning. I ride in the drops some but don't want a ton of hand pressure when riding on the top.
I got a lynskey gr270 second hand recently.... Has been set up with electronic shifting Di2. Tubeless 40mm tyres. Stack height isn't slammed like many gravel bikes. Disc for effortless 1 finger control and weighs 18lbs in MED with cages and pedals (but no fenders) I'm a massive advocate of ti. Doesn't really scratch, super tough super comfy. And will outlast everything apart from upgrade it is...