Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Helix Update?

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Helix Update?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-16, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Turns out the message was in the notification email even I can't access PMs on the site. I'Lloyd PM them directly. Thanks again.
Old 12-01-16, 01:36 PM
jur

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hy3998
Can you also send their email address to me?
I got an email from that party explaining that both his Helix orders have been sold.
Old 12-01-16, 04:00 PM
jur

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hy3998
Can you also send their email address to me?
Another one is available, PM sent.
Old 12-01-16, 04:00 PM
jur

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gibsonsean
Turns out the message was in the notification email even I can't access PMs on the site. I'Lloyd PM them directly. Thanks again.
Another one available, PM sent.
Old 12-01-16, 06:17 PM

Bikes: Two Cannondale Hooligan 8s, IF MOVE

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jur
I got an email from that party explaining that both his Helix orders have been sold.
I'm kind of interested for how much the rights are being sold these days? Are the rights depriciated at least a half?
Old 12-01-16, 08:41 PM
jur

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
No idea... I assumed they were sold at the same price. That's what he asked for originally in April.
Old 12-04-16, 07:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3093 Post(s)
Liked 6,608 Times in 3,787 Posts
Forum members, please remember that there is to be no talk of buying or selling bikes, services, etc outside of the sales forum. Selling is only allowed in the various Marketplace forums.

If you want to buy or sell anything on Bike Forums, please follow this link and pay for a membership. https://www.bikeforums.net/payments.php
Old 12-22-16, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
anyone got any updates from the helix portal lately? I registered for a preorder, and the clock is ticking, and really wanna see there is a real one rolling before the preorder deadline.
Old 12-22-16, 05:51 PM
jur

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Nothing yet. The natives are now very restless. A big update has been flagged as due any day now. I strongly suspect that this update still won't include any news on actual bike building going on yet. I hope I am wrong.

When is the deadline?
Old 12-22-16, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jur
Nothing yet. The natives are now very restless. A big update has been flagged as due any day now. I strongly suspect that this update still won't include any news on actual bike building going on yet. I hope I am wrong.

When is the deadline?
The pre-order page indicates that emails will be sent requesting the 50% deposit on January 20th. Looks like that's earlier than any of the original kickstarter orders will be delivered. At this point I'm not willing to send a sizable deposit until I've seen reviews from actual customers who have gotten their bikes.
Old 12-22-16, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Pre-order deposits to be committed before the first KS orders are shipped .... I'm sorry, but somebody needs to ring that fire alarm!
Old 12-23-16, 12:53 AM

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
All of this for a bike with an even smaller market than 16- and 20-inch-wheel folders. What a fiasco.
Old 12-23-16, 10:56 AM

Bikes: '81 Fuji America, '79 Fuji S12 Ltd, '03 Dahon Helios XL, '09 Giant Defy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
November:
Originally Posted by jur
I would be more than happy if a Helix arrives on my doorstep 6 months from now. Another year is more realistic, based on what we think is going on.
December:
Originally Posted by jur
The natives are now very restless.
Originally Posted by Joe Remi
What a fiasco.
I didn't order a bike, so this may be easy for me to say, but Helix has been (and appears will continue to be) great "life theater". I could imagine both no bikes or every bike being delivered... the situation is unique to my eyes. A concern - he may have unintentionally built a pyramid scheme - at this date he must have gone through significant cash - he may need new orders to fund completing the existing ones. One can dig out from that, but all would have to go very well for it to happen.

It remains a beautiful design.

Salute to jur for staying calm through this. I really hope summer 2017 brings a bicycle.
Old 12-23-16, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by towndock
November:

It remains a beautiful design.
+1

What's holding up the bike was all the time spent in the patent and folding technology. At this point, everyone would probably be happy if he skipped the folding bike concept and delivered a mini-velo of the same bike.
Old 12-24-16, 06:31 PM
Señor Mambo

Bikes: TST roadie, Cannondale CAAD 3, Surly Karate Stokemonkey Leap, Tern Cargo Node, Helix Alfine; 36er and 29er Triton Unicycles; a couple Bike Fridays; one Brompton; RadPower Radburro

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
No, what was holding up the bike was waffling regarding manufacturing process: weld vs. casting; proprietary laser cutting vs. contracted laser cutting; setting up appropriate factory space, etc.

Bottom line is that dates are now pushed back a couple more months to March 2017 at the earliest for delivery. Prices are expected to go up.

At least the front wheel with the exclusive left hub has passed ISO and will arrive 1/12.
Old 12-25-16, 03:38 AM
jur

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jur
Well it is as I expected - no dirty hands yet. Just news of yet more changes, and he's finally sort of come clean that there was no team, but that he's hired some help. Even that I thought might be the case - he's seen discussion that it has been obvious for quite a while that there is no team despite him pretending there was by using "we" all the time; I thought he was waiting for the appointment of some staff before notifying backers of the wonderful news. I have had quite enough of his crap. I still think that bike design is exceptional. I related the saga to my son today. His comment was, he expects disaster. "I can't deliver the bike you ordered, but if you wait 12 months, you'll get a much better bike."
Old 12-25-16, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 93 Posts
Class action lawsuit.
Old 12-25-16, 09:38 AM
Señor Mambo

Bikes: TST roadie, Cannondale CAAD 3, Surly Karate Stokemonkey Leap, Tern Cargo Node, Helix Alfine; 36er and 29er Triton Unicycles; a couple Bike Fridays; one Brompton; RadPower Radburro

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
Or stop complaining, sell your Helix now, and stick to your ti "swift."
Old 12-25-16, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeLite
Class action lawsuit.
Can't and won't happen on a Kickstarter project. Sometimes projects go broke like this one and nobody gets anything.

https://cyclingtips.com/2016/11/when...s-power-meter/

To projects that get funded and go on to being a great selling product.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ade-in-the-usa

And of course everything in between.
Old 12-26-16, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 93 Posts
Projects must be honest and clearly presented.

Our community is built on trust and communication. Projects can’t mislead people or misrepresent facts, and creators should be candid about what they plan to accomplish. When a project involves manufacturing and distributing something complex, like a gadget, we require projects to show backers a prototype of what they’re making, and we prohibit photorealistic renderings.
Old 12-26-16, 03:16 PM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, Alex Moulton AM, Dahon Curl

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1671 Post(s)
Liked 1,827 Times in 1,063 Posts
Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve
What's holding up the bike was all the time spent in the patent...
It's unlikely that anything that wasn't covered on a patent application prior to going public on kickstarter...could be patented.

'It is critical for inventors to consider the new “first to file” patent regime in the U.S. as requiring them to file a patent before engaging in any public use, sale, offer for sale or disclosure outside of a confidential relationship.'
Old 12-26-16, 04:14 PM
jur

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tcs
It's unlikely that anything that wasn't covered on a patent application prior to going public on kickstarter...could be patented.

'It is critical for inventors to consider the new “first to file” patent regime in the U.S. as requiring them to file a patent before engaging in any public use, sale, offer for sale or disclosure outside of a confidential relationship.'
All patented details had been very carefully kept concealed until after patent submission. Specifically, the front fork and handlebar locking mechs were not shown, even from a distance, in pics until after submission. So no problem there.
Old 12-27-16, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
12-24 update?

Hey Jur and other Helix backers,

I'm dying to know what the 12-24 update (#14) said...if there was one. Or did you already provide a jist if it up top? I created an account just to bump this thread!

I've been following this saga with great interest, ever since I saw the campaign online, after the project was closed and funded. I'm rooting for the backers to get their bikes, and also rooting for the company to deliver on its promise. I'm in Toronto as well, so if I see the creator around, I'll try to get some direct updates. Lol
Old 12-27-16, 10:33 AM

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Flimbs
Hey Jur and other Helix backers,

I'm dying to know what the 12-24 update (#14) said...if there was one. Or did you already provide a jist if it up top? I created an account just to bump this thread!

I've been following this saga with great interest, ever since I saw the campaign online, after the project was closed and funded. I'm rooting for the backers to get their bikes, and also rooting for the company to deliver on its promise. I'm in Toronto as well, so if I see the creator around, I'll try to get some direct updates. Lol
If you see the creator around, say hi to the babe he's paying for with Kickstarter money.
Old 12-27-16, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joe Remi
If you see the creator around, say hi to the babe he's paying for with Kickstarter money.
Maybe you should find a different forum to post such sexist comments??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.