Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Which bidon cage should I buy?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Which bidon cage should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-21, 08:49 PM

Bikes: Novara Safari, CAAD9, WABI Classic, WABI Thunder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked 458 Times in 240 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
One to match whatever color you need! https://www.agavefinishworks.com/shop
At $90 per cage I'd consider hiring a domestique for my longer rides and keep a bottle in my jersy on shorter rides....🤣😂😆. On a more serious note I like my WABI cages. I use them both on my Wabi single speed and Cannondale caad.

Last edited by stevel610; 11-20-21 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-21-21, 01:58 PM

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
On my carbon road bikes, I like the Elite Vico or very similar Custom Race Plus. They are light, inexpensive, good looking and reliable.

On my ti/carbon cross bike I have a pair of Ti King Cages, which are absurdly expensive but bar none the best cages in the world. You will never lose a bottle with these cages, they weigh essentially nothing and they will last forever. I'd use these on every bike, but I think metal cages look weird on carbon bikes. Just my opinion.

On my steel gravel/adventure bike, I use the Elite Ciussi Gel which has a cool retro vibe that matches that bike. Also, these cages maintain such a good grip on bottles that they were used in Paris-Roubaix for decades.

On my mountain bikes, I use the Lezyne Flow SL, which is side entry. I need a side entry cage due to lack of room in the frames. These cages are also cheap, tough and you will never lose a bottle even on rough terrain.