Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

How do I get faster?

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

How do I get faster?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-14, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by rms13
A month in a half after setting my PR on this loop at 28:01 (17.6 mph/avg) did it today in 26:40 (18.5 mph/avg) for a new PR.

Bike Ride Profile | Morning Ride near Glendale | Times and Records | Strava

Thanks for everyone's advice. I think the best advice was really to just ride faster. On this particular ride there is one main climb and some shorter ones that I used to shift to the small chain ring and today is the first time I did the entire ride in the big ring. Standing and mashing where I used to shift down and spin.

I joined a club and doing my first organized group ride in 1 1/2 weeks. It's a no drop ride that should get my feet wet.
Well done. Once you are strong enough, keeping up with a group that is slightly faster than you is all about getting into the red zone and recovering while still at speed. Avg speed is not always a good indicator of how hard the ride is. When I was going only on solo rides my rides where at a steady effort, when I started doing group rides, every hill became an interval and had to be attacked at full speed.