Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

bicycling.com masters of SPAM

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

bicycling.com masters of SPAM

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-17, 09:59 AM
Generally bewildered

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 6.9, 1999 LeMond Zurich, 1978 Schwinn Superior

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 251 Posts
If you only receive email via your outlook account, you can set up a rule to "always move items from domain bicycling.com to folder Deleted Items". You can then edit that rule to "Mark the item as read" and also to "delete it". You'll never see it.

Of course, if you forward your email to your phone, then you still get all the spam unless you set your phone up similarly. Anyone have a good email app for Android that does this?
Old 02-19-17, 12:38 AM
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by Sangetsu
.....But it evolved away from the simple pleasure of bicycles and cycling, and became "trendy". The focus was now about "finding one's self on a bike." I find myself on a bike whenever I ride one, I don't ride a bike to find spiritual enlightenment, I ride because I enjoy doing so....

I haven't read an issue of Bicycling in more than a decade now, and I haven't visited their website since Bush was president.

I've never found myself on a bike when I wasn't, except for a couple really weird dreams with me riding in my underwear

Which Bush? Oh, that's right, no internet for the first one.

Last edited by Rollfast; 02-19-17 at 01:29 AM.
Old 02-19-17, 01:32 AM
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by WizardOfBoz
If you only receive email via your outlook account, you can set up a rule to "always move items from domain bicycling.com to folder Deleted Items". You can then edit that rule to "Mark the item as read" and also to "delete it". You'll never see it.

Of course, if you forward your email to your phone, then you still get all the spam unless you set your phone up similarly. Anyone have a good email app for Android that does this?

If you have them blocked on Outlook Mail and that is what you read on your Android, you shouldn't see it at all.

If you import them from another webmail provider you should blacklist them there and avoid seeing the mail on OM to start with.