Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Evidence overwhelmingly indicates Greg LeMond Doped....

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Evidence overwhelmingly indicates Greg LeMond Doped....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 06:11 AM

Bikes: Felt F5, Fuji Robaix Pro and a KHS Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think that one of the oldest and still popular blooding doping procedure is autologous blood tranfussions, which can be almost impossible to detect from what I have heard. I don't know when the started it using it though.
Old 08-13-10, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1slowbastard
You do realize that Fignon was also using a "flexier bike than today"?
Yeah. Its just that Fignon was honked to the eyeballs & LeMond pasted him across the road riding clean?.

Seems like LeMond would do anything for the win, 50secs down, he had to take drastic measures, juicing it was.
Old 08-13-10, 11:30 AM

Bikes: Daniel Girard, Specialized Stumpjumper M2, Basso TT bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chapeau!

seems like lemond would do anything for the win, 50secs down, he had to take drastic measures, goofy triathlete aerobars and helmet it was.
ftfy
Old 08-13-10, 11:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkSch
ftfy
Yeah!. Unfortunately I wasn't born last night.
Old 08-13-10, 05:22 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chapeau!
Yeah. Its just that Fignon was honked to the eyeballs & LeMond pasted him across the road riding clean?.

Seems like LeMond would do anything for the win, 50secs down, he had to take drastic measures, juicing it was.
I only stated your point about equipment was irrelevant. As is anything else you draw from my post.
Old 08-13-10, 06:12 PM

Bikes: Too many to count

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
There are people like this user who aim to fabricate and divert. All lies. These people represent opinion and lies as fact.

Last edited by bellweatherman; 08-13-10 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-13-10, 06:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bellweatherman
These people represent opinion and lies as fact.
Welcome to the United States of America, Bell, where one is innocent until proven guilty.

So Bell, please be gracious and show some class and stop bad mouthing Lance with your speculative efforts. Look on the bright side -- at least someone is "probing" Armstrong – unfortunately it's not you!.
Old 08-14-10, 12:53 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I recall a scientist calculating that without his ponytail flapping in the wind in that final time trial, Fignon might have won the tour - the loss of aerodynamics cost him at least the amount of Lemond's 8 second margin of victory. Lemond showed up for that TT with his aero bars, aero helmet and disc wheel, and it was like Rick Barry shooting his free throws underhanded - up until then maybe people could see how it might work or help, but no one would actually be caught dead doing it that way.

It's odd that while the basic design of the bike hasn't changed in 100 years, 20 years ago was a lifetime in terms of our appreciation of aerodynamic forces, and I guess how to dope. (It seems highly unlikely cyclists were even using epo in 1989; that was the first year it was FDA approved, and it wasn't commercially available until 1991).
Old 08-14-10, 09:50 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to the United States of America, Bell, where one is innocent until proven guilty.
This is true in a legal sense, yes. But it is stupid to imply that people can't make valid judgments outside of a courtroom.

So Bell, please be gracious and show some class and stop bad mouthing Lance with your speculative efforts.
Yeah - just because the guy employs a dope doctor, a dope coach, cheats on dope tests, has been found positive on at least one dope test, harasses anti-dopers, and his friends and colleagues say that they have seen him take dope - it don't mean nothing!
Old 08-14-10, 09:53 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johntrev
I recall a scientist calculating that without his ponytail flapping in the wind in that final time trial, Fignon might have won the tour - the loss of aerodynamics cost him at least the amount of Lemond's 8 second margin of victory. Lemond showed up for that TT with his aero bars, aero helmet and disc wheel, and it was like Rick Barry shooting his free throws underhanded - up until then maybe people could see how it might work or help, but no one would actually be caught dead doing it that way.
So the cowardly sock puppet is an idiot as well? Because Lemond was racing with an aerodynamic advantage, so there is no need to invoke drugs. Quelle surprise!
Old 08-14-10, 10:56 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know what fantasy land you're living in. In the United States it is innocent until accused.
Old 08-14-10, 11:52 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crocodilefundy
I don't know what fantasy land you're living in. In the United States it is innocent until accused.
Once again: This is true in a legal sense, yes. But it is stupid to imply that people can't make valid judgments outside of a courtroom. For example, your junkie ex-brother-in-law may not yet have been convicted of fraud, but you may still decide that his "guaranteed 200% annual rate of return investment scheme" is one to miss.

Or in other examples - Nixon was never tried, but is there anyone who doubts he was guilty of something? How about OJ? Or Hitler?

Last edited by meanwhile; 08-14-10 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-14-10, 04:34 PM

Bikes: PedalForce CG1 (the race/century bike), PedalForce RS (the trainer), Eighth Inch SS (the fixie), Flyte SRS-3 (the beater), Caloi Strada Pro (the commuter), Oddball Alu MTB (the tank), Trek 850 (the MTB SS)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 08-14-10, 05:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by meanwhile
Yeah - just because the guy employs a dope doctor, a dope coach, cheats on dope tests, has been found positive on at least one dope test, harasses anti-dopers, and his friends and colleagues say that they have seen him take dope - it don't mean nothing!
Speculation at best. I was always told you can't prove most things- just that there is a lot of evidence to suggest something...

And that makes him a serial doper?. Ohh yeah thats right, Landis said so.

Cheats on dope tests?. All tests came back clean, but keep speculating.

Last edited by Chapeau!; 08-14-10 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-14-10, 05:53 PM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by meanwhile
So the cowardly sock puppet is an idiot as well? Because Lemond was racing with an aerodynamic advantage, so there is no need to invoke drugs. Quelle surprise!
Does this mean that you believe a clean Lemond beat a doped Fignon?
Old 08-14-10, 06:17 PM

Bikes: 2008 Cervelo RS, 2004Trek 2100,1985 Nishike Prestige

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The evidence against lemond is underwhelming, the topic non timely, and why anyone would feed a troll like this is beyond me.

The presumption of innocence only goes with one into a courtroom when one is charged with a criminal offense. The Court of public opinion has to give no such presumption and we are all free to judge Lance, Greg and the rest of them as we want.

In my mind Gregs history in cycling gives one less to be suspicious about than Lances' does but I wouldnt be surprised if Greg did something wrong and that might come out during this investigation.. But when it comes to Lance I would be shocked to find out that he did not dope from early to late in his career.

Last edited by Barese Rider; 08-14-10 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-14-10, 06:54 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Monte Zoncolan
Does this mean that you believe a clean Lemond beat a doped Fignon?
If he was born yesterday, then yes, it does.
Old 08-14-10, 07:04 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Barese Rider
The evidence against lemond is underwhelming, the topic non timely, and why anyone would feed a troll like this is beyond me.
There are those who consider anyone with an alternative viewpoint to theirs to be trolls. Unfortunately, the rudest and most abusive trolls are some of the ones with the largest numbers of posts.
Old 08-14-10, 07:11 PM
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Speculation at best. I was always told you can't prove most things- just that there is a lot of evidence to suggest something...

And that makes him a serial doper?. Ohh yeah thats right, Landis said so.

Because Lance had dope doctor, a dope coach means nothing but speculation.

Cheats on dope tests?. All tests came back clean, but keep speculating.

How many positives did Marion Jones have? She also had a dope coach. Guilt by association is a better indicator than test results these days, tests are a joke.

We will learn soon enough. Me thinks the Feds will be more intimidating than Lances minions. We are going to get honest testimony at some point. So you have failed Chapeau, you have not cast more doubt on GL, and you have done or said nothing that leads one to want to encorage the Feds to back off. Im not gonna call my congressman or senator monday and ask him to put a stop to this.
Old 08-14-10, 07:35 PM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I always love the "guilt by association" approach because if the people who use it actually believed it they would be saying it's ok for them to be thought of as guilty for many things.
Old 08-14-10, 08:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Voodoo76
Im not gonna call my congressman or senator monday and ask him to put a stop to this.
I couldn't ask for anything more or less from a Lance hater. Its par for the course. It would be ignorant of me to think anything but.

But if Lance gets off, give him his props. Any human being that constantly holds on to hate & anger will be just another spiteful, jealous, bitter old fool at best.

Lets not forget what this is all about. Greg LeMond trying to stay relevant by pulling down the only American to eclipse his feats in the Tour.

'Hey Greg, you forgot about George Hincapie'. LMAO. You don't hear LeMond tooting that horn because George wasn't more successful in the Tour than LeMond.

Last edited by Chapeau!; 08-14-10 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-14-10, 08:31 PM
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
I couldn't ask for anything more or less from a Lance hater. Its par for the course. It would be ignorant of me to think anything but.

But if Lance gets off, give him his props. Any human being that constantly holds on to hate & anger will be just another spiteful, jealous, bitter old fool at best.

Lets not forget what this is all about. Greg LeMond trying to stay relevant by pulling down the only American to eclipse his feats in the Tour.

'Hey Greg, you forgot about George Hincapie'. LMAO. Silly me, almost forgot. You don't hear LeMond tooting that horn because George wasn't more successful in the Tour than LeMond.
I'll definitely do that, if Lance gets off. Hey, is it George's turn under the bus next? Whatever it takes I guess.

You are the one misrepresenting what this is all about. And you are the one posting inflammatory remarks about a rider. And in a very disingenuous way. Interesting the number of threads started on numerous message boards, with exactly the same verbiage. At the least you could show a little originality.

As for me personally, I've got no dog in this hunt. I'll accept whatever the outcome is. If you are so concerned about "Hate" for Lance, why go right down the same road regarding LeMond?
Old 08-14-10, 09:56 PM

Bikes: 2008 Cervelo RS, 2004Trek 2100,1985 Nishike Prestige

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I

'Hey Greg, you forgot about George Hincapie'. LMAO. You don't hear LeMond tooting that horn because George wasn't more successful in the Tour than LeMond.
This is pure bs and nothing but a fantasy . The investigation as such is brought by the feds who have broad investigative powers. Greg has no control of where it goes and I doubt Greg can give much relevant testimony one way or the other. He will be there only if asked to go by the feds . To suggest that Greg is behind it to get Lance is ridiculous as he has no control of it whatsoever. You are a troll.
Old 08-14-10, 10:22 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is pure bs and nothing but a fantasy . The investigation as such is brought by the feds who have broad investigative powers. Greg has no control of where it goes and I doubt Greg can give much relevant testimony one way or the other. He will be there only if asked to go by the feds . To suggest that Greg is behind it to get Lance is ridiculous as he has no control of it whatsoever. You are a troll.
BS.

LeMond is going to do everything in his power to pull down the only American to eclipse his feats in the Tour. The simple problem with Lemond's arguments is that he presents cycling as if it was clean in his day. That makes a nonsense of all of the rest of his argument. LeMond portrays himself as Mr. squeaky clean but like so many other riders, hes dirty as the next rider, make no quarms about it.

I doubt Greg can give much relevant testimony one way or the other.
Pull your head out of your backside. Its been Gregs crusade for the past decade to convince the world Lance is a fraud. There is nobody on the planet, but the jealous rat with more knowledgeable testimony.
Old 08-14-10, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BS.

LeMond is going to do everything in his power to pull down the only American to eclipse his feats in the Tour. The simple problem with Lemond's arguments is that he presents cycling as if it was clean in his day. That makes a nonsense of all of the rest of his argument. LeMond portrays himself as Mr. squeaky clean but like so many other riders, hes dirty as the next rider, make no quarms about it.

Pull your head out of your backside. Its been Gregs crusade for the past decade to convince the world Lance is a fraud. There is nobody on the planet, but the jealous rat with more knowledgeable testimony.
Chapeau,

If we all agree that Lemond might have doped will it make you feel better? Dude, you are a worse Lemond hater than any of the Lance haters on this site. But if your not Lance your the best PR guy Lance could have. Except for the extreme black and white thinking. You seem to be possessed of this rage against Lemond that is just too personal.

Unfortunately there is only some small amount of circumstantial evidence against Lemond. Some of which you allude to. If Lemond did ever use PED's he did a better job of keeping it secret because no one knows about it or talks about it. I too find it unlikely that Lemond would never have used any PED's of any kind. But I really don't think that he had access or used a serious systematic method. Maybe Lemond will one day have his day in court but for now it is Armstrong's turn.

The problem Armstrong now has is the same internal battle that Landis' had to fight. When he feels completely justified in the PED use he felt that he had a right to lie because everyone or nearly everyone else in the peleton is using PED's. This is a battle that many people have to face in life but some never do. To acknowledge your own wrong doing even though you think it is justifiable because of what other people are doing. Until Lance can humble himself to this level he is not a real person. Just a human machine. A deceiver of the nations. In the end, he could find his lies harder to bare than he thinks.

Lance has to decide if he is going to give up his own idols. Even though he thinks that someone else might be able to keep theirs (Lemond) unjustly. It doesn't really matter in the end. He has to accept responsibility for his own actions and where they led him.

Last edited by Hezz; 08-14-10 at 11:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.