Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Bruce Gordon Front Rack - How does it Mount?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Bruce Gordon Front Rack - How does it Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-20, 12:02 AM

Bikes: N + 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 1 Post
Bruce Gordon front racks mount differently because Bruce brazed his mid-fork eyelets about 16mm-19mm (higher, if memory serves) differently than the typical fork. He eventually made a different front rack that accommodated an adapter that allowed it to attach on a non-Bruce mid-fork mount. To the casual observer, his front rack mounting locations appear like most any other lowrider, but it takes this modified Bruce rack to fit mid-mounts on non-Bruce forks. Wish I had more details on this, but I'm reaching deep into the old brain archives. How you've found what you needed by now. Happy riding.
Old 04-27-20, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the info~ I'm going to try p clamps and have purchased a spacer thingy specifically for disc brake bike fits. Along with a couple rubber washers to secure, I'm hoping to make it work. I really don't want to give up the Beckman panniers!
Old 05-02-20, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 498 Times in 295 Posts
You might also keep an eye out for a used BG bike. He and Beckman worked together, and the bike, the racks and the panniers really go together.
Good luck