Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

The Scofflaw . . . DOMINATED

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

The Scofflaw . . . DOMINATED

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-06, 08:44 PM
J3L 2404

Bikes: 2007 Jamis Nova

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm glad to hear the Scofflaw finally got what was coming to him. Great story -- and I second the suggestion that you should look at putting these into print!
Old 09-08-06, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bradw
Bill - where is this? I live in St. Louis (south city) and can't quite picture an area with this kind of hill.

My 6 mile commute through the city and "The Hill" neighborhood and into Forest Park has more stop signs than that. I too encounter lots of cyclists blowing through stop signs and lights. And lots of cars (including a police car) tapping their brakes and trying to run over me at 4-way stops
It's Bellevue between Manchester and Clayton Rd in Maplewood, Richmond Hts. The school is St Lukes Catholic school. The hospital is St Marys on Clayton road. Maybe 5% was an exageration. But it is definitely uphill for a ways. And there are lots of stop signs, as you know, they are EVERYWHERE in STL.
Old 09-12-06, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saw the Scofflaw today. He actually passed me just before the last short steep hill. True to form, blew straight through the four way stop without missing a pedal stroke. Hey, at least he signaled though!

No drama for me. I have a severe calf muscle pull from a biathlon Sunday. I was in no shape to chase down anyone. Plus, I knew inside that I "could have" . . . if not injured. I HAVE his number.