Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Build question - forks?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Build question - forks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-19, 10:47 PM
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by bikeboy3326
I bought an all carbon fork on ebay for $50.

i have been on ebay all week. Have a bunch picked but want to make sure what i buy will work. However with this new lead i will hold off and see what happens.
Old 03-02-19, 02:51 PM
Heft On Wheels

So wanted to give the final resolution for this. Just got a phone call from a sales rep from Argon 18. Lisa was super helpful and was super knowledgeable about everything. She got me hooked up on a factory matching fork, a tool I didn't know I even needed, a proprietary tool for install and some goodies. All should arrive in the next week! All under $200 shipped!

Pretty pleased how it turned out. I could have gotten a fork cheaper else where but I am glad to have the factory fork at the same time. I guess it does pay to go right to the top!

build goes on.

Also a thank you to you all who chimed in!
Old 03-03-19, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1833 Post(s)
Liked 1,710 Times in 986 Posts
I am very happy that you were able to get useful information by calling Cycles Gervais Rioux. They are about as close as it comes to a factory outlet for Argon 18 bikes. The shop founder is the same person who founded the Argon 18 bike company. Two of my friends bought bikes there last year and received excellent service. I have met Gervais several times back during my racing days. I wasn't sure if the store would want to help out someone as far away as you, but since you have no local dealer, distance isn't the determining factor. I am very pleased that one of my local dealers was so helpful to you, in the long run they helped the bike brand.
Hope you enjoy your bike once you build it up
Old 03-03-19, 04:11 PM
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by alcjphil
I am very happy that you were able to get useful information by calling Cycles Gervais Rioux. They are about as close as it comes to a factory outlet for Argon 18 bikes. The shop founder is the same person who founded the Argon 18 bike company. Two of my friends bought bikes there last year and received excellent service. I have met Gervais several times back during my racing days. I wasn't sure if the store would want to help out someone as far away as you, but since you have no local dealer, distance isn't the determining factor. I am very pleased that one of my local dealers was so helpful to you, in the long run they helped the bike brand.
Hope you enjoy your bike once you build it up
thanks, I am looking forward to this when its all built. I really have no idea if contacting the shop got the wheels at Argon moving or it was coincidence but after trying to call Argon directly for days and getting nothing then calling the shop and immediately getting Argon factory support I think he made it happen for me?....either way its working out swimmingly!
Old 03-03-19, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1833 Post(s)
Liked 1,710 Times in 986 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530
thanks, I am looking forward to this when its all built. I really have no idea if contacting the shop got the wheels at Argon moving or it was coincidence but after trying to call Argon directly for days and getting nothing then calling the shop and immediately getting Argon factory support I think he made it happen for me?....either way its working out swimmingly!
My take? Calling the shop greased the wheels to your solution. Argon 18 is a Quebec business. Cycles Gervais Rioux is their retail face to the public. This is a long established bike shop founded by an ex member of the Canadian national team who was present in the Los Angeles Olympics where Steve Bauer won a silver medal in the road race. I have no idea why the company website contact data wasn't helpful, but sometimes a little poke from another direction can wake people up.
Glad I could help