Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Any cheap Amazon Chinese bike shorts that are good?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Any cheap Amazon Chinese bike shorts that are good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-19, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 714 Post(s)
Liked 800 Times in 475 Posts
I bought the Sportneer and the Przewalski 3d shorts to try and have now ridden with both of them.

The Sportneer is really thin material with mesh in a few areas and very little compression. The fit was good and the thin material is good for keeping cool on really hot days. My test ride was 53 miles of mixed terrain(road, gravel, trails) and the pad felt a little less comfortable than my preferred shorts(Performance Ultra) at the beginning of the ride. The comfort level stayed about the same throughout the ride. My preferred shorts usually get less comfortable as the miles add up, so these turned out to be more comfortable than my preferred shorts would have been by the end of the ride. Overall, I'd prefer a bit more compression and the durability of the material seems questionable based on how thin it is, but the comfort level of the pad is fine.

The Przewalski shorts seem nicely constructed with some gripper material to keep the legs from riding up. The material is thicker and feels like better quality that the Sportneer, but is still lacking in compression compared to my preferred shorts. I was initially concerned about the shape of the pad being different than most. It has some wing like extensions in the center, that I was afraid would cause some abrasion on my legs. After two rides of 30 and 60 miles, I can say that the pad feels really nice and those pad extensions actually help prevent pinching of the skin that usually occurs with other pads. Overall, these shorts are keepers and I'll probably order another pair.
Old 10-18-19, 07:47 PM

Bikes: TRIMMED DOWN THE HERD

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked 936 Times in 601 Posts
Originally Posted by zarbog
I have these https://www.amazon.ca/Sportneer-Cycl...gateway&sr=8-3

Two dozen rides or more with them this hot summer. Even though the pad looks thick, its fairly comfy but what it does best is stay dry. My Louis Garnier shorts are soaked in the pads by the time I finish a ride.
Grabbed myself a pair and used them for the first time today. A 22-miler and not bad at all. Not as comfy as my Performance but good enough.
Old 10-21-19, 08:30 PM

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
That's my peeve about most newer pads -- that unnecessarily complex sculpted shape. It's just asking for trouble, introducing wrinkles that could eventually compromise skin integrity. I haven't had any particular problems but I don't ride continuously longer than a couple of hours (neck and shoulder injuries limit my uninterrupted ride time). So I'm not sure I'd trust those convoluted pad shapes for riding full centuries or rando events. Probably depends on the individual, since I don't hear many complaints from other cyclists.
I rode Voler shorts with EIT Comp HP pads on a couple of double centuries, a couple of double metrics, and a couple of centuries. They were super comfortable.

EIT's inverted pad is a bit bulkier around the edges and not better.
Old 10-22-19, 04:47 AM

Bikes: 1988 Panasonic, 1989 Fuji, Schwinn Beach Cruiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 45 Posts
Another happy Baleaf user. Been riding for a year and a half, about 7000 miles and am very happy with them. This includes hot and humid as hell Floriduh summer months.