Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Park INF-2 Inflator Qiuestion - Hissing Sound

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Park INF-2 Inflator Qiuestion - Hissing Sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-22, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 681 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
Originally Posted by blinky
It's definitely an air leak , how can it be eliminated ? teflon tape around the plug tip ??
exactly I use that all the time. I have had female connectors leak too.
Old 03-13-22, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 913 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 344 Posts
Yes , I agree the male plug came with the Park INF-2 inflator - I feel it's the female quick release coupler that's the problem - I plan to bring the hose with both connections to a local woodworking shop that uses a compressor with fittings all day , I'll see what they recommend , thanks !!
Good idea. But I'll just vent my suspicion about the Park supplied brass fitting since you, if I'm remembering correctly, have tried two females already. You can verify at your woodworking shop or through online image searches that most of those male adapters are steel. Every air tool I own came with steel male adapters. The silicone lube suggestion above is a good idea as well as air tool oil.
Old 03-14-22, 11:02 AM

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Tuscany with Ultegra R-8000 components

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Park INF-2 & Compressor Plus Fittings - Success At Last

Thanks for all the thoughtful comments and suggestions - took the hose, inflator, & hardware to a friend at a local wood shop - he said that in his experience air tools can be finicky - he replaced the Park supplied plug with one that is made by the company that produced the QR female - air leak diminished considerably - the fit tolerance between plug and coupler is very small but not generally airtight - I'm happy with the Park INF-2 inflator , very rugged , along with the Craftsman compressor - it takes a few seconds for the compressor to reach readiness but then pumping to 100psi is super fast - as mentioned b4 I'll keep a dedicated hose with ball chuck for the cars .

Thanks all for your time !!
Likes For blinky:
Old 03-14-22, 12:24 PM
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6234 Post(s)
Liked 4,839 Times in 3,336 Posts
We aren't deaf!
Old 03-14-22, 02:57 PM

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Tuscany with Ultegra R-8000 components

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
We aren't deaf!
Not screaming Iride01 , my eyesight is not that great and I benefit from a greater contrast - I always appreciate your input regards bike topics but if it's a problem for you spend your time on other posts instead .
Old 03-14-22, 03:31 PM
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6234 Post(s)
Liked 4,839 Times in 3,336 Posts
Not screaming Iride01 , my eyesight is not that great and I benefit from a greater contrast - I always appreciate your input regards bike topics but if it's a problem for you spend your time on other posts instead .
Well at least you have a decent excuse. But that certainly doesn't help you for reading posts from others. In my case, the bolding like all caps just makes it harder for me to read.

I'm sure I won't be the last person to jab at you for using bolded text.

I'm assuming you are aware there are settings in your computers OS that allow you to manipulate the size of the text on your own display and even change the display to display text in higher contrast and in the colors of your choice. Though without me being you, I certainly don't know if those are useful or not.

If you wanted to, I'd certainly appreciate a <ctrl><a> (or <cmd><a> on a mac) and toggle of the bolding before you push reply. Though I'll try to keep it in mind that it does help you if you choose not to.