Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Update on Upgrades (Photo Heavy)

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Update on Upgrades (Photo Heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-14, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Damn you!

Old 04-08-14, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bianchi10

Cages- $22 for both
did you get these from ebay?
Old 04-08-14, 12:22 PM

Bikes: '11 Merlin Extralight, '98 Dean Castanza, '89 Schwinn Prologue

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice upgrades!
Old 04-08-14, 01:27 PM
Beer >> Sanity

Bikes: 2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have posted in the weekend ride reports, pictures of you on your bike and my century rides that I have done. I don't race, so I cant post about that. I'm not going to create my own thread about a 25 mile Saturday morning bike ride. If that is the perception that I give, then I would imagine the majority of everyone should be looked at in the same way, no? I can understand posting pictures and stories if I went on an amazing trip to Europe and did a riding tour, but I dont and wont ever do something like that. I'm not trying to sound defensive, I'm just trying to get a better understand on where you are coming from and how I can not give that perception in the future. My previous job did not allow me any time to ride and my current job is keeping me just as busy. I dont get a lot of personal time to ride with the work and family, but that doesn't mean I dont still enjoy upgrading parts to have a nice bike. Its not to say that my bike is nicer than anyone else's, it is simply for personal satisfaction. I enjoy looking at nice bikes, especially those who take the time to plan out their upgrades.
Time spent posting on BF + Time spent dinking around with bike = lost riding time.

Just saying.
Old 04-08-14, 01:54 PM
Farmer tan

Bikes: Allez, SuperSix Evo

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2870 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Rough crowd.
Old 04-08-14, 02:03 PM
King Hoternot

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikerjp
Time spent posting on BF + Time spent dinking around with bike = lost riding time.

Just saying.
False. I cant go ride once I have my kids because I cant leave them alone. I have to get my kids as soon as I get home from work. If my kids are home and playing with each other, I can do whatever I want with my bike or forum.

But hey, Thanks for just saying and trying to dictate when you think I can and cant ride. Appreciate that.

Last edited by bianchi10; 04-08-14 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-08-14, 02:04 PM
King Hoternot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AbsoluteZ3RO
did you get these from ebay?
Yup!
Old 04-08-14, 02:06 PM
King Hoternot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by link0
Nice upgrades!
Thank you. I'm excited about them. Until the day comes where I can find an Evo, I should be done for a while. (Which, By the sound of it, will make a couple people happy)
Old 04-08-14, 02:19 PM
Beer >> Sanity

Bikes: 2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
False. I cant go ride once I have my kids because I cant leave them alone. I have to get my kids as soon as I get home from work. If my kids are home and playing with each other, I can do whatever I want with my bike or forum.

But hey, Thanks for just saying and trying to dictate when you think I can and cant ride. Appreciate that.
Hey, just being helpful in the best BF fashion. And don't worry, eventually you'll be old and the kids will move on and then you'll have time to ride.

Or maybe a nice carbon tag-a-long for the kids.
Old 04-08-14, 02:31 PM
L-I-V-I-N

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Has merit...

Has little merit, mostly attitude. How do you not see the correlation between chippy comments like this and the flak you receive?

'14 carbon Synapse - '12 CAAD 10 5 - '99 Gary Fisher Big Sur
Old 04-08-14, 03:40 PM
King Hoternot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dtrain
Has merit...

Has little merit, mostly attitude. How do you not see the correlation between chippy comments like this and the flak you receive?

I know I know. I get sucked in
Old 04-08-14, 04:04 PM

Bikes: Cervelo S2, Workswell 062, Banshee Spitfire

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Can I get the $1600 enve deal?
Get a job at a bike shop.

I know guys that work part time at bike shops for employee prices. I did.
Old 04-08-14, 04:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

False. There is nothing wrong with leaving your kids home alone while you ride your amazing bike.

The issue only comes once they (a) burn the house down, (b) mutilate each other, or (c) child welfare stops by.
Old 04-08-14, 04:35 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by I <3 Robots
Get a job at a bike shop.

I know guys that work part time at bike shops for employee prices. I did.
Haha, I work enough already. I'm just cheap. I think I'd rather just pay $2600 for them and not have another job to report to.

Old 04-08-14, 04:37 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Gramin
False. There is nothing wrong with leaving your kids home alone while you ride your amazing bike.

Next mod...

Old 04-08-14, 04:39 PM
King Hoternot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I LIKE IT! I never thought of that lol
Old 04-08-14, 04:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Next mod...
Funny that you post that... I have a 100lb puppy who has a crate just like that. Being an environment friendly individual, I'd like to re-use the crate when the puppy is finished. Top of the list: penalty box for my future children.
Old 04-08-14, 04:42 PM
gc3
Falls Downalot

Bikes: Now I Got Two

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chastise me, please...
Old 04-08-14, 04:44 PM

Bikes: 14 Wilier zero7,13 Fuji Altimira SL,10 Fuji SL1RC,09 Yeti Mtb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I enjoyed looking at your build,very nice,and it's amazing we're on a bike forum and other guys(zym whatever)is obviously jealous.I belong to a supra forum and guys routinely start threads as they build their cars and other members offer encouragement,advise ( if asked for) and praise for the final result.Here you're afraid to show any one anything you get for your hobby because you'll be attacked by those that are supposed to be fellow cyclists with like interests.I just finished my (Bucket Build)and no way I'd put it on the forum.
Old 04-08-14, 04:59 PM
Speechless

Bikes: Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience,

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Samfujiabq
Well I enjoyed looking at your build,very nice,and it's amazing we're on a bike forum and other guys(zym whatever)is obviously jealous.I belong to a supra forum and guys routinely start threads as they build their cars and other members offer encouragement,advise ( if asked for) and praise for the final result.Here you're afraid to show any one anything you get for your hobby because you'll be attacked by those that are supposed to be fellow cyclists with like interests.I just finished my (Bucket Build)and no way I'd put it on the forum.
Nonsense.
@bianchi10 is mostly merciless on the Hot or Not thread, so for him to take ribbing here, especially the light hearted stuff that is being said, is par for the course. And for him to say stop stop, this isn't fair because it isn't the other stupid thread is silly. It is like a member of the Spanish Inquisition asking you to turn down the thermostat because they are warm when they visit.

If you want to see brutal ribbing, go to the Spacing and Punctuation Forum. You would not like it there.
Old 04-08-14, 05:01 PM
L-I-V-I-N

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Samfujiabq
Actually, I think that difference makes sense. Folks building up Supra's and hanging around a forum are clearly into it as a hobby (and more like-minded). Here it's more of a mix. Some are into the hobby, build, cosmetic, upgrade, WW stuff. Others are way more into the mileage and results than the look of the bike. The 'it's a tool not a jewel' and/or 'don't buy upgrades, ride up grades' camp. I agree that the attacks get a little old, but they are hardly one-sided.

'14 carbon Synapse - '12 CAAD 10 5 - '99 Gary Fisher Big Sur
Old 04-08-14, 05:07 PM

Bikes: 14 Wilier zero7,13 Fuji Altimira SL,10 Fuji SL1RC,09 Yeti Mtb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollCNY
Nonsense.
@bianchi10 is mostly merciless on the Hot or Not thread, so for him to take ribbing here, especially the light hearted stuff that is being said, is par for the course. And for him to say stop stop, this isn't fair because it isn't the other stupid thread is silly. It is like a member of the Spanish Inquisition asking you to turn down the thermostat because they are warm when they visit.

If you want to see brutal ribbing, go to the Spacing and Punctuation Forum. You would not like it there.
I mostly agree with you,not sure about the last portion of your comment?Maybe an insult?I'm not sure.But anyway if he does criticize others about their bikes then yes he should not be offended.I try not to ever put down other peoples bikes or buys,but I don't/won't expose my weak side so be attacked but that's just me.
Old 04-08-14, 05:21 PM
King Hoternot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trying so hard to bite my tongue. Other than a couple occasions of the obviously ridiculously looking bikes, I rarely attack anyone. I have always been CONSISTENT in what I find appealing and what I Personally like. It is my opinion and thats what half of this forum is. I'm not saying stop stop, its not fair. I'm just amazed at the amount of negative comments is all. Maybe some of you think I have it coming to me. You are entitled to you opinion. I'm not gonna change your thoughts about me.

I'll take this thread as a learning experience for the future.
Old 04-08-14, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maybe it's time for a mountain bike...
Old 04-08-14, 05:42 PM
Speechless

Bikes: Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience,

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 16 Posts
I am not meaning any jab at you, @bianchi10, but you are the poster child for "the other thread". Nothing wrong with that, but the internuts has a memory.

And Sam, the punctuation and spacing comment was a poke at the people that go nuts over post legibility and grammar and format. Those folks go mad like a shark feeding frenzy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.