Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Stolen - Heart Broken

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Stolen - Heart Broken

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-21, 10:20 AM

Bikes: Still have a few left!

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked 532 Times in 267 Posts
I rode a $10, battered, paint deprived, badly rusted Motobecane Mixte in our Clunker 100 challenge a few years ago. Believed it was theft proof and deliberately left it unlocked everywhere I went in our little farm town and Oregon's capitol city of Salem, with no takers. Was talking bikes with my barber later and he said I just wasn't parking it in bad enough locations as his errand and get to work bike (a magna mt. bike, with no brakes, only 1 working gear and no seatpost/saddle) was stolen while parked at a local grocery! He grew fond of it over the years, was sad for the loss. Guess thieves will steal anything
Old 01-14-21, 03:40 PM
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3891 Post(s)
Liked 6,491 Times in 3,213 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
I don't let my bikes out of my sight. I do not carry a lock. If stop at a store, I take the bike in with me . If the store objects, I find a different store.
Reality to Earth! Reality to Earth! Read Kabuki's post. I repeat, read Kabuki's post. Over.
Old 01-15-21, 02:14 AM
resykler

Bikes: Bianchi Eros, Bianchi Reparto Corsa, Mongoose IBOC Campagnolo, Schwinn Super Sport, Mairag 4 Star, Canondale Criterium, Centurion Accordo RS, Specialized Hard Rock 1st Gen, Bianchi Special '81

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 39 Posts
My Baby

This is the last picture before I wrapped the bars. Not perfect but I'd put in a lot of love and the Sante...just so deco. They're not making any more!!!

What now hang this on the wall or ride it like it should be. This was stolen but I got it back. It's a story that I'll tell in time
Old 01-15-21, 03:57 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 2,296 Times in 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by brixxton

This is the last picture before I wrapped the bars. Not perfect but I'd put in a lot of love and the Sante...just so deco. They're not making any more!!!

What now hang this on the wall or ride it like it should be. This was stolen but I got it back. It's a story that I'll tell in time
I am so sorry this happened. My friend bought one new in 1987 and loved it. I hope you find something to replace it.