Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Check this girl out

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Check this girl out

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-07, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jkizzle
yeah... see the problem is she doesnt really have any hobbies anymore. she used to play alot of volleyball.. and stopped. she used to run alot.... and stopped. now all she does is whine about her job serving at a pizza bar and buy clothes.

i offered to build her a bike, and she said no. she came to a spinning class with me once, and wouldnt talk to me on the ride home.

the things she does at least once or twice a week are now, watch back to back movies, shop for clothes, and research uk basketball. while the basketball thing is cool, theres not much else to do with her, as i cant sit still through a movie, and she doesnt like shopping at sporting goods stores or the lbs...

it all went downhill when she was diagnosed with adhd. damn aderal...
Yep, hon, sorry to say that I would have to go separate ways with this one. Also, a good piece of advice too is to not date the same person all through college, especially if you're already having these types of issues. I promise when you put a ring on that finger, it's gonna get worse.

Also, doesn't Aderal ruin sex drives? That's enough to make me leave right there
Old 11-20-07, 02:36 PM

Bikes: 1970s or 80s concord pacer, 2007 dawes roadbike, 2005 raleigh supercourse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by desert_tortoise
Yep, hon, sorry to say that I would have to go separate ways with this one. Also, a good piece of advice too is to not date the same person all through college, especially if you're already having these types of issues. I promise when you put a ring on that finger, it's gonna get worse.

Also, doesn't Aderal ruin sex drives? That's enough to make me leave right there
well, ive dated some other people in college during some, eh, "off time", but ended up calling her up a few months later. the ring is out of the question for at least 3 more years so im not worried about that - i want to finish an ironman before im married- dont know why, i just do.

and yes. aderal ruins sex drives from the looks of it. probably why i dont put up with the bike-hate anymore lol
Old 11-20-07, 02:44 PM
purity of essence

Bikes: 2018 Giant Trance 2, 2019 Trek Farley 7, 2017 Jamis Renegade Exploit

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 11 Posts
yeah... see the problem is she doesnt really have any hobbies anymore. she used to play alot of volleyball.. and stopped. she used to run alot.... and stopped. now all she does is whine about her job serving at a pizza bar and buy clothes.

i offered to build her a bike, and she said no. she came to a spinning class with me once, and wouldnt talk to me on the ride home.

the things she does at least once or twice a week are now, watch back to back movies, shop for clothes, and research uk basketball. while the basketball thing is cool, theres not much else to do with her, as i cant sit still through a movie, and she doesnt like shopping at sporting goods stores or the lbs...

i dont mind that shes not into cycling, its nor for everybody, and its nice to have my own thing. but its getting to the point where she wont tolerate it, leading me to not tolerate her hahaha
sorry, but why the hell would you date someone like this? pity?
Old 11-20-07, 02:45 PM

Bikes: Ridley Oval Giant TCX Fuji Roubaix RC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oh are you kidding? i would never buy one, i was just curious if others have and curious to see the outcome of said purchase.

the most interesting thing about college relationships is that you never know when somebody is gonna change completely. college is like a giant vending machine of anything and everything new. i once dated a girl my frosh year who joined the rock climbing classes every thursday night and didn't like that i didn't want to climb also. now she is in the peace corps in malowi.

this girl hates your bikes and now takes aderal. you just never know.

so how do u like the university of kentucky???
Old 11-20-07, 02:47 PM
Senior Member?

Bikes: orbea onix, Cervelo SLC, Specialzed Allez, Cervelo P3 Alu

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
my guess is comfort.

kizzle, You're 21. People change. You've both changed and aren't happy with each other any more. The sooner you get out the sooner you can move on.
Old 11-20-07, 02:49 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brianappleby
kizzle, You're 21. People change. You've both changed and aren't happy with each other any more. The sooner you get out the sooner you can move on.
+1. Just don't burn that bridge - sex with old girlfriends is pretty sweet - like finding an old pair of jeans in the back of the closet.
Old 11-20-07, 02:57 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
[QUOTE=podium3;5664300]hacked into my account QUOTE]

Something about that really disturbes me. No wife or girlfriend will ever hack into any account of mine because one hack can lead to another and there are many places that are off limites lest I become exiled from the bed room or even the relationship. Use pass phrases instead of passwords, Windows will accept up to 256 characters in the password field, us them..................

out
Old 11-20-07, 02:59 PM

Bikes: 1970s or 80s concord pacer, 2007 dawes roadbike, 2005 raleigh supercourse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scotch
sorry, but why the hell would you date someone like this? pity?
it was good, then sucked so i broke it off, then it got good again. now it sucks again i think haha.

Originally Posted by smitty22
this girl hates your bikes and now takes aderal. you just never know.

so how do u like the university of kentucky???
thing was, she actually bought me my first roadbike - she liked that i wanted to do triathlons and get in really good shape - i know, im an object.

university of kentucky is great though, i love it. i transferred down here from cincinnati, because i hated it there, and when i visited friends at kentucky and visited their architecture program, i loved it. its southern, but not too southern.

Originally Posted by dcbikeguy
Just don't burn that bridge - sex with old girlfriends is pretty sweet - like finding an old pair of jeans in the back of the closet.
TROOF!
Old 11-20-07, 03:02 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oh, and sorry for the thread hijack! enough of this, and back to the op!
Old 11-20-07, 03:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

mine accepts both the car and the bike, but she's partial to the car because she can come with me on rides.
Old 11-20-07, 03:03 PM

Bikes: 2007 Fuji Roubaix LTD, 2005 Bianchi Pista

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i dont mind that shes not into cycling, its nor for everybody, and its nice to have my own thing. but its getting to the point where she wont tolerate it, leading me to not tolerate her hahaha
DTMFA.
Old 11-20-07, 03:06 PM
Recreational Commuter

Bikes: One brand-less build-up, and a Connondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra Disc. A nicer bike than I need, but it was a good deal, so... ;-)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Back to bragging, my wife (of 25 years):
Bought a classic MG, because she wanted to join me in the old car hobby.
Bought me a wire-feed welder (with a copper-wound transformer in it the size of your head) carried it into the house, wrapped it and hid it in the basement.
Is considering upgrading to a road bike from her hybrid so she can do distances with me.

My 8 year old daughter rode 22 miles with me for Father's Day last year. On a Trek 220.

Kotts
Old 11-20-07, 03:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smitty22
has anyone here every bought a bike for their wife? how about girlfriend? is girlfriend to early to buy a bike, or do you have to wait for some more solid commitment before you drop some dough on a bike. for the sake of context, i'm talking an entry level type bike, tiagra components under 750 etc...
I just gave my GF a 2005 Trek 2100 for her birthday. It is like a small version of my 2200. Last weekend we did 43 mi. 16 mph average with a short stop for lunch. It was her 4th bike ride, and she loved it even though it was only 35 degrees out. I think she maybe a keeper.
Old 11-20-07, 03:18 PM

Bikes: Ridley Oval Giant TCX Fuji Roubaix RC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LIUser22

mine accepts both the car and the bike, but she's partial to the car because she can come with me on rides.
i'm definitely likin that car.
Old 11-20-07, 03:23 PM
Sensible shoes.

Bikes: A few.

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by podium3
Lets brag a bit guys. My girlfriend hacked into my pearl izumi account and purchased the items on my shopping cart. I now have an optik jacket, merino wool socks, and knicker bibs. She is taken guys. sorry. What you got?
[Retracted. This is tatesless.]
Originally Posted by cedricbosch
Why am I in your signature.

Last edited by CastIron; 11-20-07 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-20-07, 03:24 PM
Sensible shoes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanknight
My wife works longer hours than me, pays half the bills, and puts up with me.
That's the other side of the gold coin.
Old 11-20-07, 03:42 PM
draw line at carbon forks

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD6 w/ 105, Fuji Track Pro, Windsor Cliff 4900

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LowCel
Very nice, you're going to love it. I know I do mine.

Black chainrings, I command you.
Old 11-20-07, 03:57 PM
draw line at carbon forks

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD6 w/ 105, Fuji Track Pro, Windsor Cliff 4900

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife is trying to make it as an artist, so right now she brings in about $2000 a year, but has to spend about $8000 on supplies and studio rent. She does cook dinner every night, and doesn't complain that the highlight of our weekend is Netflix. I got a job pedicabbing weekends to pay the bills, and I'm riding to work to save money, so definitely getting a lot more riding time! Seriously, she's awesome though, even if she can't buy me a new bike.
Old 11-20-07, 04:07 PM
Sensible shoes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Goodall, you have it good. Seriously.
Old 11-20-07, 05:23 PM
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Liked 1,222 Times in 699 Posts
Originally Posted by terry b
Yea, and I'm the only customer.
And all the bikes they carry are custom fitted to you!

My stable isn't near that full. One is the loneliest number...
Old 11-20-07, 05:31 PM
Erstwhile Trogon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
But are they comfortable? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 11-20-07, 05:48 PM
dpr
Insect magnet.

Bikes: Trek 2008 Madone 5.5 Pro, Bianchi 2008 Axis

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think some one should set up a dating website just for cyclists! I can't imagine finding any one compatible with me and my lifestyle who isint into cycling.

Thats probably a shameful admission however. :|
Old 11-20-07, 05:54 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terry b
My wife let me do this ------ (and that's only half of it )

She'd do you a bigger favor by committing you....
Old 11-20-07, 06:08 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by podium3
Lets brag a bit guys. My girlfriend hacked into my pearl izumi account and purchased the items on my shopping cart. I now have an optik jacket, merino wool socks, and knicker bibs. She is taken guys. sorry. What you got?
Trust me,I have the same jacket,you,re going to catch some wise cracks.
I do like the Podium3 by Diamondback Bikes.
Old 11-20-07, 06:31 PM
L-I-V-I-N

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LIUser22

Oh my goodness, I haven't seen Nikki since college. How's she doing? Nice ride. (Oh, and cool car.)

'14 carbon Synapse - '12 CAAD 10 5 - '99 Gary Fisher Big Sur

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.