Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Tying My Shoe to My Flat Foot Pedal?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Tying My Shoe to My Flat Foot Pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-18, 09:13 AM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Did we jump a year?

How did the OP make out?

Truthfully, I usually unclip first with the left foot 99% of the time, and if it is just at a traffic light, I'll just leave the right clipped in.

But there is always that 1% or 0.1% when %&&@##%$#@!!! hits the fan, and it is nice to get that right foot loose.

I haven't tried the power grips, but once can always get a foot out of a toeclip (without cleats) by pulling back and down, or twisting hard and pulling with the cleats.
Zombie Thread ! took a year-long nap.

I transitioned from toe clips (many years) to PowerGrips (about a year) to clipless (since mid-90's)
PowerGrips work pretty well. Can't be fitted to all styles of pedals.
Old 07-15-18, 09:41 AM
Often on Fritz

Bikes: Franken-Fritz, Horse-Feathers, Junker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Never tried tightening or loosening the toe strap? Those moments when you get your foot half into the clip and remember,,, dang, I should have loosened the toe strap first?

Did anybody mention superglue? A bunch of tons of pulling power assuming using more than a drop.
Nope! I went from platforms to clipless. I tried cages later on and the part that bothered me was the strap. It was easy enough to cinch down but the ride experience was so inferior I stuck with clipless.

Seriously though, thinking about trying to tie a knot (something I'm not great with anyway) one handed and then I realize I'm neither flexible nor dexterous enough to accomplish this even if the idea was not outright ludicrous!

In the mean time, I'll keep my eyes peeled for a ghostbike with gloves and shoes tied to the handlebars and pedals, and a pair of britches glued to the seat.