Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bent derailler hanger

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Bent derailler hanger

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-19, 08:53 AM
Professional amateur

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasTriker
It doesn't make much sense to buy a $70 tool when you can get most derailleur hangars for around $20 here in the US and buy them from overseas vendors for under $6 if you are lucky enough to be able to track down the hangar number for your existing hangar. I bent one a couple of years ago and paid $20 including 3 day shipping from an online bike shop. I did know that it was a number 45 hangar. If I thought I might bend it a second time I would go to an overseas vendor on eBay and buy a spare. It was the only time I ever replaced one.

60 different hangars for $5.50 including shipping https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-MTB-Mo...PxxAj9y_xZlf-w
Thanks for the link, but it seems that the ID numbers aren't universal or standardized. According to Marin (who makes the hybrid/dual-sport frame I'm thinking about getting a spare for), I need a # 33. But on this ebay link, a #33 is very different. There are about 4 others that look really close, but it's impossible to tell which one would be correct.