Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Any tips on easing a sore hip?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Any tips on easing a sore hip?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-19, 07:00 AM

Bikes: Fred cycles

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by phughes
How was it uneven? The reason I ask, is my B17 showed dimpled off-centered, which was a result of the saddle being too high, and me dropping to one side to compensate. That caused the hip problems I had. This was after being fitted too high. Lowering the saddle fixed the issue, and now I sit properly centered not he saddle, and the dimples have now reformed properly centered on the seat.
B17 standard. The wide back part was a bit lopsided. If you set the back so it was evenly divided along the centerline of the bike, then the nose pointed off to the right. Setting it the latter way was better two ways... no more hip pain, and my junk wasn't mashed against the saddle.
Likes For duffer1960:
Old 12-18-19, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,292 Times in 744 Posts
Originally Posted by duffer1960
B17 standard. The wide back part was a bit lopsided. If you set the back so it was evenly divided along the centerline of the bike, then the nose pointed off to the right. Setting it the latter way was better two ways... no more hip pain, and my junk wasn't mashed against the saddle.
Good to hear you got it sorted out.
Old 12-23-19, 07:51 AM

Bikes: Norco hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by phughes
I think you missed wgscott's point. The issue is running it too high. There seems to be a tendency today to jack the seat height too high. This has been made bearable by seats with cutouts, which helps mask a too high seat height. With a Brooks you will feel it, and you will see the dimples offset to one side, as a result of compensating by dropping to one side. If you have the seat height correct, the seat disappears under you. Mine is amazing.
Interesting.
Old 12-23-19, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Acetaminophen, rest and stretching all the way. Ibuprofen if it didn't work. If that doesn't work either get a checkup.