Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Sigma Sport ROX 10.0 GPS

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Sigma Sport ROX 10.0 GPS

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 06:59 PM

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1869 Post(s)
Liked 666 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by kingsqueak
No direct connector to web uploads. You use their software to pull the logged data from the unit and export it to a format to upload to strava etc. You also load track files into the unit with the included software.

I installed on a Win7 Pro system with no trouble, it auto discovered the USB drivers and the included installer disc for the software worked fine.

Firmware updates are pushed to the device with the software too and that worked easily without having to read how to do it ( I'm an A level tech nerd though )
Good to know! Has anyone done a Mac installation?
Old 04-30-14, 07:04 PM

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1869 Post(s)
Liked 666 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by kingsqueak
Riding into a nasty head wind the other day I wondered...

Has anyone ever put one of those anemometer modules on a bike computer? Gimmicky...but I bet people might buy it. Basically figure out the wind speed vs bike speed and find a headwind component for a data point.
I'd imagine with the anemometer the algorithm could subtract windspeed from road speed and use the difference as a factor in the power estimator.

I never got my HAC-4 going, I could never get all the damned different batteries renewed all at the same time. Too bad ...
Old 05-22-14, 08:57 PM

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Looigi
Agree. Bogus. With the Garmin 500 and 705, I can straightforwardly transfer route/data files (GPX, TCX, FIT) both ways between websites and my devices using my Android phone and a $1 OTG adapter cable.
For what it's worth, the Sigma Data Center software now includes a button for direct Strava upload that works very well. Don't know if that's enough for Sigma to compete with Garmin, but it makes it much more palatable to the folks that want to upload their rides...
Old 06-25-14, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was chosen as Sigma's test driver a month ago and I have since used Sigma ROX 10.0 GPS. I find the cycling computer to be of excellent value, especially if one already owns ANT+ sensors. I dislike Sigma's ANT+ speed and candence sensors as they are not integrated in to one unit. Also bar fly mount called The Butler is not as good as Garmin's because the computer is not leveled with the stem.

One thing that needs to be considered before buying the unit is the Sigma Data Center software which is installed locally to your computer. All your data is then stored locally (bulk uploading to Strava is made very easy though) which can be either good or bad thing, depends on your ideology. I find the software to be actually pretty good (especially the mapping feature is best of breed), although a bit engineer-driven.
Old 11-02-14, 01:22 PM

Bikes: '73 Schwinn World Voyageur, '98 Nishiki BSO

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 61 Posts
Can this computer be used while plugged in to a dyno hub to keep the battery topped up for touring or long randonees?
Old 09-29-15, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by chrisryan1
For what it's worth, the Sigma Data Center software now includes a button for direct Strava upload that works very well. Don't know if that's enough for Sigma to compete with Garmin, but it makes it much more palatable to the folks that want to upload their rides...
It's also worth noting that the sigma rox 10.0 handles the pauses in auto-pause mode in a way that doesn't integrate well with Strava.
It seems that it is not logging the pause start/end time, as a result Strava thinks you never stop and your rides don't get matched up with people you ride with.
Which is a major inconvenient for me... (if someone wants a rox, i'll sell mine!)