Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Advantages of Using Integrated Wheel

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Advantages of Using Integrated Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-22, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 824 Times in 623 Posts
Who knows if cast wheels are stronger or necessary? How does it evade you that my comments are related directly to the subject of "advantages", just because there are none? Just because the pieces of junk you ride are adequate for the NY urban environment doesn't imply they're anything but boat anchors with motors. DONE! Rant on.
Old 01-04-22, 06:14 PM
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 453 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Who knows if cast wheels are stronger or necessary? How does it evade you that my comments are related directly to the subject of "advantages", just because there are none? Just because the pieces of junk you ride are adequate for the NY urban environment doesn't imply they're anything but boat anchors with motors. DONE! Rant on.
I know because I ride them, do you ride them enough to know their advantages?
Plenty of spoked wheels that may be lightweight, but trash when it comes to durability.
Can you specify the 'piece of junk' that I ride? have you ridden it yourself to give a decent comparison?
Do you even know what kind of riding I am doing with my 'piece of junk'?
When you can't provide specific comparison but have to reduce to personal insult of OP's name or my riding equipment; that's really sad if you consider it as 'rant'.
Old 01-04-22, 06:58 PM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Topic of thread is: Advantages of Using Integrated Wheel.
How many posts actually provide info about topic of thread?
I'd like to think threads in this forum are informative and related to topic of thread.

I have used ebikes with cast wheels, I do find there are advantages to the usage of cast wheels over spoked wheels.
The cast wheels application on ebikes may not suit performance type cycling, but would a performance oriented cyclist really want to have lightweight wheels on a ebike with weight penalty of motor & battery?
For people who just want reliable wheels, minimal maintenance; they offer good alternatives to spoked wheels.
With the extra weight penalty factor in ebikes (vs regular bicycles) in general, weight of cast wheels really is not significant when you consider the weight of motor and battery.
With extra power output & weight of ebikes (vs regular bicycles), stronger (cast) wheels are really more ideal than (cheap) spoked wheels.
Thank you very much for your reply. You are right. With extra power output & weight of ebikes (vs regular bicycles), stronger (cast) wheels are really more ideal than (cheap) spoked wheels.
Old 01-04-22, 07:09 PM
Banned.

Originally Posted by Doc_Wui
Electric or not, I can feel the weight of a steel rim or a heavy 4" wide tire, when riding. They're harder to pedal, and need more electrical power to help out.
Thank you for your reply. Indeed, they need more electricity power to help.
Old 01-04-22, 07:18 PM
Banned.

Originally Posted by 2old
Who said cast wheels are stronger? Why would anyone on any bike for any purpose want a feature that is less safe, less comfortable, detracts from handling and can't be repaired? These were the issues discussed, but in addition, some responses rightfully addressed the question of whether the OP was trying to promote its business since the screen name is the name of a company.
Thank you very much for your reply. I do not quite understand what you mean. If you have any questions, please leave a message in the comment area, and everyone is welcome to answer your questions together.
Old 01-04-22, 07:33 PM
Banned.

Originally Posted by cat0020
I did, as an ebike owner that comes with cast wheels.

Just how exactly do you consider a cast wheel to be less safe, less comfortable and detract from handling?

Millions of cars & motorcycles have cast wheels, if they are in deed, as you said; less safe, less comfortable and detract from handling; wouldn't they have gone obsolete a long time ago?

Regardless of OP's screen name, the thread title clearly indicate the thread topic, do you have anything to contribute or related to thread topic?
Thank you very much for your reply. I very much agree with your point of view. "Millions of cars and motorcycles use cast wheels, if they are; less safe, less comfortable, and detrimental to handling; won't they be outdated long ago?". May happiness be with you forever.