Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Small penis syndrome

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Small penis syndrome

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-01, 04:31 PM
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Small penis syndrome

I have noticed that most of the people who yell or honk at me seem to be male. I was wondering if they are trying to compensate for other deficiencies?

That is all.
Old 10-03-01, 05:08 PM
Mister Slick

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think so; about the only thing that runs through my head when some kid in his daddy-bought/InsanePaymentsCreditCo Camaro calls me a dork is that I look better in Spandex then he does.

Here's something that really irked me: Yesterday, while I was out riding, I was taking a short break at a stop sign to change glasses -- putting on the normal specs and putting away the schweet (and too-damn-costly) prescription shades, when two twenty-ish guys pulled up next to me in a truck. They had a couple of *pristine* mountain bikes in the back of their *pristine* Tacoma, and the one in the passenger side yelled out, "Need a real bike?"

Excuse me, but the last time I checked, *real* MTBs (and their owner's vehicles) were supposed to be beaten, abused, and caked in mud and grime. These posers looked like they had just gotten off the showroom floor. Besides, if their bikes were so damn great, why were they driving the truck? The roads around here are pretty clean (very little glass, lots of acorns and potholes), and have a *ton* of convex hills, great for a warm-up before hitting the trails (I'm using them now to work on building my quads and cardio training for distance rides). Not to mention it was only about five to ten miles to the lake (where one would be MTBing), anyway.

Some people...
Old 10-03-01, 05:31 PM

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Originally posted by Matadon

Here's something that really irked me: Yesterday, while I was out riding, I was taking a short break at a stop sign to change glasses -- putting on the normal specs and putting away the schweet (and too-damn-costly) prescription shades, when two twenty-ish guys pulled up next to me in a truck. They had a couple of *pristine* mountain bikes in the back of their *pristine* Tacoma, and the one in the passenger side yelled out, "Need a real bike?"
You should have asked them if their "real bike" can go up hills rather than just down

That is all.
Old 10-03-01, 06:17 PM
Mr. Cellophane

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I continue to be amazed at people in big pickups and SUVs that seem very impressed that their vehicle can outrun a fat old guy on a bike.
Old 10-03-01, 06:59 PM
I'm newly in love

Bikes: Ribble Sportive 7005 Veloce

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
I thought this was a thread by someone who'd seen me out cycling naked again
Old 10-03-01, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by Campag Fetish Boy
I thought this was a thread by someone who'd seen me out cycling naked again
Everyone here is looking at me funny because I laughed at your post :thumbup:

That is all.
Old 10-03-01, 07:56 PM
Those that can do, do do

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Matadon
...Excuse me, but the last time I checked, *real* MTBs (and their owner's vehicles) were supposed to be beaten, abused, and caked in mud and grime...
Yeah, When my wife complanes that my bikes always seem "messy". I always reply 'Thanks' and stick out my chest.

I maintain them well but they are MTBs, a little messy means that I did good.
Old 10-04-01, 03:01 AM

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
Funny. I have a hybrid, I rarely ride. Ocassionally. But, it hasn't an odometer. Don't bother to count the miles. If not clicked in, it doesn't count. Seems to me, all the mountain bikes; Owners fail to take them to the trails, and they are most often found on bicycle lanes. nothing against mtn. bikes. i own one too.
Seems to me, harrasment usually comes from young punk males you see about jr. high campus', just after school lets out. Does not bother me. For a change of pace go to Europe. I recall, the young girls waiting atop hills applauding you as you make your way to the top. It is just thumbs up over there- for us cyclists.
Worst thing that has ever happened to a fellow cyclist- some punk high schooler threw an ice cream cone. I like to hope it is just americans do not understand the sport? We need more competitions like the old tour de dupont, to popularize the sport.?
As to spandex. Again American's do not understand the sport. Look at the NFL, are their uniforms any different. Why cyclists.?++++++++++++++++
Old 10-04-01, 03:07 AM
put me back on my bike

Bikes: Airbourne Carpe Diem + own brand fixed gear

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
On the subject of harrasment. When I run at lunch-times I hardly get bothered. I have 2 lady coleagues also run at lunch times, they don't get hassled much either. But when all 3 of us run together, there's whistles, cat calls, gestures, the lot.
Can't figure it out.

I've never been hassled on the bike, but once, when I stopped to assist a female motorist who was being assaulted by the male passenger in her car. He called me a "poof" as he came towards me to try and hit me.
Ever tried to back away rapidly wearing cycle cleats?

Stew
Old 10-04-01, 06:45 AM
Dazed and confused

Bikes: Trek 1000, Kona Caldera, Raleigh Record ("Rusty"), Tiger Foldaway ("Cub")

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been wolf-whistled a lot, and had some pretty lewd offers, but that's mostly when I'm riding around in a crop top and shorts. That's probably my own fault, right? Particularly as most of these people wouldn't have looked at me twice walking around.

Recently however, in full clothing, I got told to 'get a saddle'. Took me some time to work that out, because oddly I _have_ got a saddle. Go figure.

People are just wierd. <Shrug>

Ellie
Old 10-04-01, 07:37 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nobody really hassles me when I ride.

Maybe I look to mean? lol
Old 10-04-01, 07:53 AM
feros ferio

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1410 Post(s)
Liked 1,366 Times in 859 Posts
What can I say, "Illegitimi non carborundum"? ["Don't let the bastards wear you down."] Ride safely. Ride proudly. Ride often.
Old 10-04-01, 08:50 AM
Ich bin ein Lowlander!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by stewartp

Stew
Iv`e once runned 5 km on a tarmac road with SPD`s............not the smartest thing to do! (and they still cliped in)

Dancevalley 2th of august 2003 -> JXL, Laidback luke, Sasha, John Digweed, Monica Krusse.....and on!
Old 10-04-01, 09:40 AM
Mister Slick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by stewartp
On the subject of harrasment. When I run at lunch-times I hardly get bothered. I have 2 lady coleagues also run at lunch times, they don't get hassled much either. But when all 3 of us run together, there's whistles, cat calls, gestures, the lot.

Can't figure it out.

I've never been hassled on the bike, but once, when I stopped to assist a female motorist who was being assaulted by the male passenger in her car. He called me a "poof" as he came towards me to try and hit me.

Stew
I've often found that one doesn't really need to back away much when one has mace, a .45, or a few years' worth of experience in getting the crap kicked out of you by a guy you call "Sensi" or "Sir".

I'm kind of curious to hear this story, myself...
Old 10-04-01, 12:38 PM
Those that can do, do do

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Ellie
I've been wolf-whistled a lot, and had some pretty lewd offers, but that's mostly when I'm riding around in a crop top and shorts. That's probably my own fault, right? Particularly as most of these people wouldn't have looked at me twice walking around.

Recently however, in full clothing, I got told to 'get a saddle'. Took me some time to work that out, because oddly I _have_ got a saddle. Go figure.

People are just wierd. <Shrug>

Ellie
Ellie, What you wear doesn't give anyone the right to be an idiot. Never bow to that "she got what she deserves" stuff.

Yeah people are wierd.
Old 10-04-01, 12:49 PM
0^0

Bikes: Redline Monocog,Surly Crosscheck, Lemond Reno

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
People(most of the time) Want what they don't, or can't have. So they see a cool cyclist in spiffy spandex shorts and they think,"whoa, I wanna be like that". But instead of being proactive and getting a bike and riding a lot, they decide to get defensive, and harrass you(the cyclist). Whether my arugement is valid or not I don't know, but it is the way I rationalize it. Around here I usually get crap from rednecks. A couple times I gotten cheered on by African-Americans though.
Old 10-04-01, 02:34 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think most 'guys' just want to conform to their local groups behavior. Usually this means watching football/baseball, drinking beer, eating wings, driving big pickup trucks, maybe some golf. There is just no way these guys are going to get NEAR spandex. They throw beer bottles at us for our own good - so we see the light and rejoin the tribe.
Old 10-04-01, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by HardBall

Ellie, What you wear doesn't give anyone the right to be an idiot. Never bow to that "she got what she deserves" stuff.
I agree. People like that are just grade-A tossers.

That is all.
Old 10-04-01, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by fubar5
People(most of the time) Want what they don't, or can't have. So they see a cool cyclist in spiffy spandex shorts and they think,"whoa, I wanna be like that". But instead of being proactive and getting a bike and riding a lot, they decide to get defensive, and harrass you(the cyclist). Whether my arugement is valid or not I don't know,
Good point. It's the same as the small penis argument, they are trying to compensate for their limitations in other ways

but it is the way I rationalize it. Around here I usually get crap from rednecks. A couple times I gotten cheered on by African-Americans though. [/B]
Yeah, we've got quite a few rednecks around here too. What's gonna be really scary is when I get one of those polka-dot jerseys (when I get money)

That is all.
Old 10-04-01, 04:02 PM
0^0

Bikes: Redline Monocog,Surly Crosscheck, Lemond Reno

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally posted by Chris L

Yeah, we've got quite a few rednecks around here too. What's gonna be really scary is when I get one of those polka-dot jerseys (when I get money)

Ha!!! Maybe I'll get one of those jerseys(when I get money) too, and we can share experiences together.
Old 10-04-01, 05:46 PM
Sumanitu taka owaci

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally posted by Chris L
I have noticed that most of the people who yell or honk at me seem to be male. I was wondering if they are trying to compensate for other deficiencies?
I thought this was going to be a thread about riding in the cold?
Old 10-04-01, 07:27 PM
Those that can do, do do

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Pete Clark

I thought this was going to be a thread about riding in the cold?
My wife made me explain why I was laughing out loud like an idiot. Good one!
Old 10-04-01, 07:55 PM
BikeForums Founder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lol, I just had to mute a customer as i read that post
Old 10-04-01, 09:40 PM
Sophomoric Member

Bikes: Trek 5000, Novara Randonee, Meridian Cascade

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I may put forth my, ahem, scientific hypothesis:

It is not dingaling deficiency (to use the technical term) that evokes this behavior, but rather a brainwave interaction effect. That is to say, I believe that between the ages of 16 to 24, male **** (just-barely-)sapiens emit a particular brainwave. In most cases, for a male in isolation this effect lowers the IQ by an insignificant amount. However, place that male within 4 feet of another 16-24 year-old-male and the brainwaves interact in an insidious manner to lower the joint IQs by 40%. Add a third male and and the interaction of waves produces an IQ that is just barely perceptible with sensitive equipment. When two or more such males are encased in the steel body of a motor vehicle, there is a magnification resonance effect of startling proportions. Or so my studies have shown in a number of years riding both a single bike and a tandem (although I have found in some cases the additional metallic composition of a tandem has had a limited efficacy in reducing the brainwave interactions of the aforementioned males). Additionally, if any male in this age range has had demonstrated contact with a bicycle seat, it has been shown that this can act similarly to an innoculation, and said male's brainwaves are prevented from interacting with uninnoculated brainwaves.

My next step is to introduce tinfoil skullcaps to see if sufficient interruption of the brainwaves can affect behavior. To ensure the skullcaps are used, they will be tied into an ignition lock-out system. No skullcap, no juice to the sparkplugs. To date, Detroit has not shown sufficient support of this project, and in fact is lobbying Congress to discourage such scientific exploration. This is an outrage!

--Doug
(who is hoping, at 53, that enough brain cells are dying off so that soon he will not remember some of those embarrassing moments from when he was 16-24. Ack!)
Old 10-04-01, 09:48 PM
Chicago Cyclist

Bikes: My frame is covered in reflective tape. After adding ridiculously large handlebars, a comfy seat, and enough carrying capacity to haul a Thanksgiving grocery run home, the manufacturer wouldn't recognize it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm half-tempted to start carrying a miniature pair of tweezers in my pocket. The next time one of those young gentlemen starts giving me flak, I would fling the tweezers through their open car window directly at them. And then I would say, "Here, this will help you find your tiny penis!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.