Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (https://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/)
-   -   IRO stickers? Removable? (https://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/173688-iro-stickers-removable.html)

turbominnow 02-13-06 06:16 PM

IRO stickers? Removable?
 
Hey guys,
I am thinking of an IRO but my worry is that I can't take the stickers off. Anyone know if they are clear coated or removable with a little elbow grease?

Alexi 02-13-06 06:19 PM

hey little buddy I'm a d*ck and gonna tell you that there is a search feature and if you don't use it the evil mods will come and steal you first born baby.

oh and they are painted on now not stickers, you can scape them off of the powdercoat with a butter knife if your carefull.

wangster 02-13-06 06:23 PM

+1 search... plus it's such a non issue and if that stops you from buying an iro then...

hyperRevue 02-13-06 06:30 PM

Wont Tony sell you a non-decaled frame?
Those decals are pretty crappy, I'm sorry to say.

Sinfield 02-13-06 06:34 PM

not anymore...

I started a thread a week or so ago with this being one of my questions. When I ordered my bike last week, I was told that the decals are under the clearcoat, and thus not easily removable. He used to sell blank frames, but no longer offers this as an option. I'm going to wait until my bike gets here to see how I feel about the decal, although I agree that the logo isn't my favorite. Who knows, maybe I'll try the ole electical tape cover up...or just learn to love the logo.

turbominnow 02-13-06 06:43 PM

iro+stickers= http://www.bikeforums.net/search.php?searchid=2091639

turbominnow 02-13-06 06:47 PM


Originally Posted by Sinfield
not anymore...

I started a thread a week or so ago with this being one of my questions. When I ordered my bike last week, I was told that the decals are under the clearcoat, and thus not easily removable. He used to sell blank frames, but no longer offers this as an option. I'm going to wait until my bike gets here to see how I feel about the decal, although I agree that the logo isn't my favorite. Who knows, maybe I'll try the ole electical tape cover up...or just learn to love the logo.

Thanks Sinfield. Looking forward to your opinion on your new ride.

Sinfield 02-13-06 07:03 PM

Don't worry....the whole forum's gonna hear my opinion on my new ride...

They're also going to hear how much I hate waiting...

There may even be lewd photos...

:p

sfbertin 03-04-06 01:33 AM

I used electrical tape, and think it looks pretty goood, even if a little oddly matte. It's a pretty obvious cover-up job though. I was thinking about redoing it with bands of different colors going around the tube (instead of in the direction of the tubing - does that make sense?), just to make it clear that I'm not trying to fooling anyone :) Left the seat-tube decal un-covered, and the badge is proud as ever.

ChicagoxBoston 03-04-06 02:45 AM


Originally Posted by sfbertin
I used electrical tape, and think it looks pretty goood, even if a little oddly matte. It's a pretty obvious cover-up job though. I was thinking about redoing it with bands of different colors going around the tube (instead of in the direction of the tubing - does that make sense?), just to make it clear that I'm not trying to fooling anyone :) Left the seat-tube decal un-covered, and the badge is proud as ever.

just buy a good lock. . . no real need to uglify your frame. . . .

rlh184 03-04-06 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by turbominnow
Hey guys,
I am thinking of an IRO but my worry is that I can't take the stickers off. Anyone know if they are clear coated or removable with a little elbow grease?


Mine came off no problem with a razor blade.

brunop 03-04-06 08:53 AM

i cover 'em with electrical tape. gives it a gangsta look. but as someone here once told me when i aksed this very same question: "just rock them *****s wif pride, dog!" :) :)

wunder 03-04-06 09:22 AM

I attacked mine with a razor blade after a few beers. Only left a couple scratches. I wasn't too upset though...since my top tube is Scratch City, USA.

mattface 03-04-06 03:48 PM

I really believe if Tony would just invest in a decent graphic designer to come up with a logo that wasn't so butt ugly, this would not be an issue for most.

Great bikes with ugly ass logos = happy owners trying to scrape of/cover up the logos. How many of you logo scrapers would be proud to display your IRO logo if it didn't look like ass?

I'd be proud to own an IRO, but I'd cover up that logo too. Most of the Bianchi Pista logo scrapers do so, because they bought a Pista thinking it looked great and quickly realized it was so ubiquitous that they looked like "everyone else" or worse "a poser". Some people are actually ashamed to own a Pista (I wouldn't be) but I think people are proud of their IROs even i they do hate the logo.

Tony would sell more bikes with a better looking logo. Some people might even choose to buy a different bike based solely on looks (i know shocking huh?) and others may never know that that hot looking bike they saw was an IRO.

OK, just one person's opinion, but I doubt I'm the only one who thinks IRO needs a better logo.

salmonchild 03-04-06 05:42 PM


Originally Posted by wangster
it's such a non issue and if that stops you from buying an iro then...


maybe to you. why cant a guy decide he likes a bike based on price, quality and customer service, but not want to haul around a billboard?

mattface 03-04-06 06:25 PM


Originally Posted by salmonchild
maybe to you. why cant a guy decide he likes a bike based on price, quality and customer service, but not want to haul around a billboard?

You're welcome to dec ide that, but your choices will be seriously limited. How many bikes come without logos these days? 1 that I know of, and the Bare Knuckle is a nice bike by all accounts, but you're ruling out damn near everything else if you let the presence of a logo kill it for you.

michaelnel 03-04-06 06:28 PM

Fortunately the huge butt-ugly "Milwaukee" stickers on my bike came off real easily with a heat gun and rubbing with my fingers. I don't think they'd have stayed in good shape for long anyway, the bike looks MUCH cleaner without them, IMO.

sr20det 03-04-06 06:34 PM

they're def. removable.
just use some citristrip. :)

yum. http://www.healthyhomeservices.ca/im...ducts/4600.jpg

slopvehicle 03-04-06 06:59 PM

cover with stickers. be a punk rocker.

joshr 03-04-06 07:55 PM


Originally Posted by brunop
"just rock them *****s wif pride, dog!" :) :)

sound, timeless advice that will ring true for generations to come.

suzydownstairs 03-04-06 09:33 PM


Originally Posted by mattface
You're welcome to dec ide that, but your choices will be seriously limited. How many bikes come without logos these days? 1 that I know of, and the Bare Knuckle is a nice bike by all accounts, but you're ruling out damn near everything else if you let the presence of a logo kill it for you.

Steamroller decals come off with about half an hours work.

turbominnow 03-04-06 11:52 PM


Originally Posted by mattface
You're welcome to dec ide that, but your choices will be seriously limited. How many bikes come without logos these days?


Just about any non-painted Ti bikes. Althougth there arent a lot of them around, lol.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.