Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (https://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/)
-   -   what lights do you have on your fixed gear? (https://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/592336-what-lights-do-you-have-your-fixed-gear.html)

cc700 10-08-09 01:41 AM

what lights do you have on your fixed gear?
 
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3494/...0b8a7f9e_o.jpg

i have three.
two p7's and a superflash blaze.

no, i don't ride around like this. i ride with a p7 usually. though i'm thinking i may go out like this just to see what people would do with this much light on the front of a bike.

i kinda hope this doesn't turn into yet another knog/flea/blinkie light dump thread. what do you use when you actually need to see stuff?

or do all you stupid hipster urban ****ers just stick to streetlights?

spinerguy 10-08-09 02:00 AM

Seldom need that much output since my area is well lit. I'm more concerned with being-seen lights than anything else.

I do have, however a detachable plastic clamp that takes my 149 lumens LED flashlight for that rare occasion.

NoCash27 10-08-09 02:36 AM

for the front, i have this light that attaches like a knog, but it straight up looks like sperm and has two LEDs that are pretty bright.

on the back, i have a planetbike superflash.

Sixty Fiver 10-08-09 02:44 AM

10 watt Nighthawk for seeing.

PBSF for the rear (every bike has a mount) with a double led rear helmet light and a 1 watt led up front for being seen.

ModuLR 10-08-09 02:56 AM

Deerelight CL1H Cree 5A Q4 and a 1" Thorlabs diffuser so it shoots a wide flood beam and kills much of the hotspot. Also a Knog Beetle for it's compact'ness and as a flasher. Lastly, Superflash Stealth.

feetpower 10-08-09 03:02 AM


Originally Posted by NoCash27 (Post 9818925)
for the front, i have this light that attaches like a knog, but it straight up looks like sperm and has two LEDs that are pretty bright.

on the back, i have a planetbike superflash.

haha sperm light.

i have this *** bell from target that looses its intensity after a few weeks of daily night riding. whats a good budget light that shines pretty far?

rudetay 10-08-09 06:41 AM

NiteRider MiNewt, it's great, the battery lasts forever and you can actually see with it.

They extended the cable since I bought mine, and I wish mine was the longer model, but I'm not about to spend $20 just for an extension cable from NiteRider.

destikon 10-08-09 08:09 AM

Plant Bike 1W w/super flash. I use the super flash function more than anything. But with the clocks changing here soon I will be solid I suppose. It's not the greatest at all. But hey, that's what 30 bones gets you.

adriano 10-08-09 08:19 AM

http://media.rei.com/media/cc/fe30eb...9e9a9ed33a.jpg
the black one watt blaze is much better looking. the stealth superflash's reputation precedes it.

the_don 10-08-09 08:19 AM

Knog Skinks. I recently found out that they are not rain proof!!

How fracking stupid! I had to pull it all apart and dry it all, because the batteries were wet and there was water in the LED part and the switch wasn't working properly until it was all dry again!

Knog are smeg heads!

But the lights are bright and easy to get on and off.

destikon 10-08-09 08:21 AM


Originally Posted by adriano (Post 9819932)
http://media.rei.com/media/cc/fe30eb...9e9a9ed33a.jpg
the black one watt blaze is much better looking. the stealth superflash's reputation precedes it.

Damn I have the white headlight with the red rear blinkie. How embarrassing.

adriano 10-08-09 08:40 AM


Originally Posted by destikon (Post 9819948)
Damn I have the white headlight with the red rear blinkie. How embarrassing.

the black superflash is sealed better if youre having issues. also, the combined package is cheaper.

dayvan cowboy 10-08-09 09:02 AM

i've got the cheapest rear light the LBS had. I used to have a nice one, can't remember the brand, but it was lost to drunken spill coming home from the bar.

Thetank 10-08-09 09:41 AM

I use KNOG Bullfrogs or whatever the 6 LED ones are called, front and back for flashers and a Superflash under the saddle for a little overkill. I like the KNOGs cause they're bright and indeed waterproof, maybe the smaller ones aren't but these have been through many rainy rides and they can be removed easily along with 5 different flash modes.

soderbiker 10-08-09 09:47 AM

my trusty ole hen


http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2...boy700disc.jpghttp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/c...jpg/1/w800.png

ianjk 10-08-09 09:51 AM

http://www.bigfirecampinggear.com/images/BD_Icon.jpg
can't remember which tail light, it is pretty bright.

PedallingATX 10-08-09 10:03 AM

I have a flea on the front (sucks), but it is bright when it's working (which is never). It's the brightest small light I have ever used, but it's always out of battery. On the back I just use a basic 3 LED cateye. Great light for the money, IMO. I think all cateye products are generally pretty good.

LoRoK 10-08-09 10:13 AM

ATX, how long have you had your flea? I really like mine. It's mega bright. I keep it on the flashing mode attached to my helmet and it will light up reflective street signs a few blocks away. I don't really want it to start sucking and always be out of battery.

eclipse2 10-08-09 10:16 AM

I use a flea for the front, it's new so that might be why it still works.

For the rear I have a Fizik saddle light. Pretty sleek.

caloso 10-08-09 10:18 AM

I have a 12W single beam JetLite. Great for seeing but I'm not wild about the bottle battery. Mostly because it uses up a bottle cage and on long rides I like to have two bottles of water. I may add a blinking 1W LED I found at Home Depot for $5. It's a cheap work headlamp but you can undo the head band and zip tie it to your bars. More of a "be seen in town" light.

And like most others, a Super Flash on the back.

ADSR 10-08-09 10:23 AM

http://www.paddlinginstructor.com/im...ldsunmbeam.jpg

destikon 10-08-09 10:29 AM


Originally Posted by adriano (Post 9820055)
the black superflash is sealed better if youre having issues. also, the combined package is cheaper.

I've ridden in some EXTREMELY wet conditions and have had no problems at all. Why would a different color be sealed better when it's the same product?

ianjk 10-08-09 10:36 AM


Originally Posted by caloso (Post 9820715)
I have a 12W single beam JetLite. Great for seeing but I'm not wild about the bottle battery. Mostly because it uses up a bottle cage and on long rides I like to have two bottles of water. I may add a blinking 1W LED I found at Home Depot for $5. It's a cheap work headlamp but you can undo the head band and zip tie it to your bars. More of a "be seen in town" light.

And like most others, a Super Flash on the back.

..for the water bottle battery, I used to throw it in a small messenger style bag, just make sure you disconnect it before you get off and don't crash.

caloso 10-08-09 10:40 AM


Originally Posted by ianjk (Post 9820854)
..for the water bottle battery, I used to throw it in a small messenger style bag, just make sure you disconnect it before you get off and don't crash.

I'm thinking I might try to ziptie it to the top tube.

adriano 10-08-09 12:12 PM


Originally Posted by destikon (Post 9820793)
I've ridden in some EXTREMELY wet conditions and have had no problems at all. Why would a different color be sealed better when it's the same product?

i said the black colored blaze looked better. however, the stealth superflash is sealed better and is brighter.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.