Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

KHS aero track

Old 11-17-10, 10:00 PM
  #26  
youngandcurious
I Like to Bike
 
youngandcurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 554
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xkillemallx16 View Post
maybe its just me.
Your not alone.
youngandcurious is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:02 PM
  #27  
avner
Fueled by Tigers Blood
 
avner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Echo Park, California
Posts: 1,484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well i'm in the market for an unbranded, good quality aero "Styled" frame. Any recommendations, BF?

So far the leader 725 V2 seems to be a good choice, especially at its price point but i'm open to suggestions.
avner is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:03 PM
  #28  
Scrodzilla
This place sucks.
 
Scrodzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 26,054
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 50 Posts
I'm no longer allowed to answer you, av. Sorry.
Scrodzilla is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:03 PM
  #29  
xkillemallx16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: im, hungary
Posts: 1,976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
those dents arent close to the size of the one of my concept.
xkillemallx16 is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:05 PM
  #30  
longjohns
Noob.
Thread Starter
 
longjohns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
yeah they are more like dings. im going to take a look at it tomorrow. the price does seem steep. i think it has a lot to do with NYC markup.
longjohns is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:07 PM
  #31  
Scrodzilla
This place sucks.
 
Scrodzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 26,054
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 50 Posts
I still think 400 bones is very steep for that frame, regardless of what I feel are better alternatives.
Scrodzilla is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:11 PM
  #32  
youngandcurious
I Like to Bike
 
youngandcurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 554
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by avner View Post
well i'm in the market for an unbranded, good quality aero "Styled" frame. Any recommendations, BF?

So far the leader 725 V2 seems to be a good choice, especially at its price point but i'm open to suggestions.
https://cgi.ebay.com/track-fixed-gear...#ht_1719wt_909
youngandcurious is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:13 PM
  #33  
longjohns
Noob.
Thread Starter
 
longjohns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i was thinking more along the lines of offering about 200-250 maybe? it'll probably take a week or so of him trying to sell it before he agrees though. i just think its a pretty interesting frame. its really hard to find info on it. the only stuff i found about the aero tracks were about the steel ones...
longjohns is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:29 PM
  #34  
Scrodzilla
This place sucks.
 
Scrodzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 26,054
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by youngandcurious View Post
Yeah, 'cause a Visp is much better than a Leader.
Scrodzilla is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:33 PM
  #35  
youngandcurious
I Like to Bike
 
youngandcurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 554
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by avner View Post
well i'm in the market for an unbranded, good quality aero "Styled" frame. Any recommendations, BF?
Never said it was better, still kinda fits. Your acting like leader is the best ever.
youngandcurious is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:39 PM
  #36  
Scrodzilla
This place sucks.
 
Scrodzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 26,054
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 50 Posts
And you're acting like a donkey. I never said "best ever" about anything. avner has been talking about wanting to build a 725 for a while now. Recommending a Visp as an alternative just seems silly.
Scrodzilla is offline  
Old 11-17-10, 10:42 PM
  #37  
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer
 
TejanoTrackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
Posts: 11,474

Bikes: 29 frames + 74 wheels

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked 286 Times in 167 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
Yeah, 'cause a Visp is much better than a Leader.
I agree.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMGP0944..jpg (100.0 KB, 35 views)
__________________
What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me
TejanoTrackie is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 12:43 AM
  #38  
evilcryalotmore
モㄥ工匕モ 爪モ爪乃モ尺
 
evilcryalotmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LA San Gabriel, California
Posts: 2,135

Bikes: Custom frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh hii TT.

400 dollars for that frame?

I call shannigans. You get it for your wife. i'll sell you my fujiclassic for 400(:
evilcryalotmore is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 12:51 AM
  #39  
avner
Fueled by Tigers Blood
 
avner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Echo Park, California
Posts: 1,484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie View Post
I agree.
Really? Would it be worth 210 for the frame? vs a leader for slightly more?

I'm just considering my options because really, saving a few bucks, may or may not be worth it. Is the quality of the Visp very similar to the quality of the leader, weight/weld/build wise? I'd really like some experienced input, particularly yours TT. One of my primary reasons for not considering the visp was you, saying at the end of your review that it was really only worth 110.
avner is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 01:33 AM
  #40  
bentchamber
Senior Member
 
bentchamber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I knew a guy who had an old KHS track frame, higher end than the flite it was steel. It was nice, he got it for free. This however, is not so cool. I scored my minty Pista Concept for about the same amount as he is asking for this broken welded bike.

also that bianchi is a 54? I want that for my girlfriend!

Last edited by bentchamber; 11-18-10 at 01:34 AM. Reason: additions
bentchamber is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 01:39 AM
  #41  
cc700
Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz
 
cc700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 8,542

Bikes: tirove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
the black with celeste logo pista is my favorite since the celeste with blue logo pista.

and yeah 400 for that aero frame is too much. i'd do 250. sounds like he's trying to get back some of the 'repair' cost. i'd stay away.
cc700 is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 01:58 AM
  #42  
Leukybear 
THE STUFFED
 
Leukybear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 12,677

Bikes: Rock Lobster; EAI Bareknuckle; Evil Insurgent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Errr so you say you're getting this frame for your wife; it has massive overlap and you say you can deal with it; but can she?
I wouldn't pay $400 for this.... $400 can get you a much nicer new frame.


Originally Posted by cc700 View Post
the black with celeste logo pista is my favorite since the celeste with blue logo pista.
Same here; the yummy columbus tubed ones are that colorway aswell
Leukybear is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 03:02 AM
  #43  
WoundedKnee
Antarctica awaits
 
WoundedKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tucson, Zona
Posts: 1,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by longjohns View Post
thought about getting this frame for my wife

they have MASSIVE toe overlap but im pretty used to it already.
..

EDIT: Agh pills beat me to it.

Last edited by WoundedKnee; 11-18-10 at 03:05 AM.
WoundedKnee is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 06:48 AM
  #44  
longjohns
Noob.
Thread Starter
 
longjohns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I knew someone was going to catch that. Yeah she has been riding fixed for about a year. We just kinda wanted to get something locally but the frames in NYC are ridiculously overpriced!
longjohns is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 07:01 AM
  #45  
noel_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Way overpriced.
noel_ is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 07:26 AM
  #46  
cleanupinaisle3
.;/.,
 
cleanupinaisle3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Like everyone has said, you can get a nicer aluminum frame for the same price or cheaper. Pista Concept, Trek T1, Masi Coltello, etc.

You said you're only looking for a bike that FITS your wife... so why are you even looking at this one? It's got dings, it's meant for the track, and its pricetag is hefty. Look elsewhere already.
cleanupinaisle3 is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 07:48 AM
  #47  
jasonnc80
Senior Member
 
jasonnc80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by avner View Post
Really? Would it be worth 210 for the frame? vs a leader for slightly more?

I'm just considering my options because really, saving a few bucks, may or may not be worth it. Is the quality of the Visp very similar to the quality of the leader, weight/weld/build wise? I'd really like some experienced input, particularly yours TT. One of my primary reasons for not considering the visp was you, saying at the end of your review that it was really only worth 110.
Maybe look at one of the 725's from coghouse? It might take some time for one in your desired color/size to show up but they seem to go for a good deal less than their new frames. This is if you can deal with some cosmetic damage which at least IMO isn't a big deal.
jasonnc80 is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 09:35 AM
  #48  
PedallingATX
Comanche Racing
 
PedallingATX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Posts: 2,820

Bikes: Presto NJS build, Specialized Allez Pro w/ full Dura Ace and Ksyrium SLs, 1990something Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
For the same reason I wouldn't drive a Porsche just because I can afford one. I'm a relatively uncomplicated guy, I like what I like and I don't need to "prove" myself to anyone.
for a lot of people, this isn't the reason they buy nice frames/cars/w.e. I always get in arguments with my sister b/c she thinks every guy who drives a porsche or ferrari or something has a small penis or is trying to prove something to the world.

I maintain that some ppl just truly love fine craftsmanship and enjoy owning/driving/riding things like this. It's not about proving something to the world; it's about enjoying the finer things in life. Just like I wouldn't want to spend my days couped up in a railroad shack if I could afford a nice apartment/house, I don't want to spend my days riding or driving some POS.

I agree that if these things don't appeal to you, then there is no reason to buy them. But, you can't assume that ppl who like nice things are trying to prove something to the world.
PedallingATX is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 09:36 AM
  #49  
Nuggetross
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PHL
Posts: 536

Bikes: De Rosa Planet, Shogun Kaze, Jamis Sputnik, Redline 925

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
For the same reason I wouldn't drive a Porsche just because I can afford one. I'm a relatively uncomplicated guy, I like what I like and I don't need to "prove" myself to anyone.
what does that have to do with proving anything?
Nuggetross is offline  
Old 11-18-10, 09:39 AM
  #50  
Scrodzilla
This place sucks.
 
Scrodzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 26,054
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 50 Posts
I didn't say anything about all people who like nice things feeling the need to prove something. I just stated that I, personally, am not like that. I've seen plenty of people with "nice things" who are constantly wondering who is looking at them and don't even get to fully enjoy what they have because they're overly concerned with putting on a show. To me, they're trying to prove something. You cannot deny the fact that there are people who drive a Ferrari because they appreciate the craftsmanship, heritage, etc. but you also must realize that there are most likely also plenty of people who could give a rat's ass and just want to say "look at me".

It's okay to remain on the simple side of things in an ever-increasingly complicated world and there's a lot of stuff I don't actually need. The bikes I ride, clothes I wear, car I drive, etc. suit my needs just fine.

Last edited by Scrodzilla; 11-18-10 at 09:52 AM.
Scrodzilla is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.