Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (https://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/)
-   -   Official "FIXATION" Trailer (https://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/730361-official-fixation-trailer.html)

curt37 04-25-11 03:36 PM

Official "FIXATION" Trailer
 
Hey everyone, the official trailer for FIXATION is complete. Check it out here: http://www.vimeo.com/22814327

We will be having our premier in LA very soon!

'Like' us on Facebook to keep up with our updates and news :)

-Curt

vw addict 04-25-11 03:48 PM

lame

adriano 04-25-11 03:57 PM

id definitely give it a watch if the price was right.

EpicSchwinn 04-25-11 04:10 PM

Sounds zen brah

carleton 04-25-11 04:16 PM


Fixation is a true life documentary focusing on the thrilling world of single speed cycling. Shot over the course of 12 weeks, Fixation captures, for the first time, the excitement and popularity of this growing sport from all perspectives.
Did you shoot anywhere else besides Southern California?

If not, then don't be so ambitious. To properly set the audience's expectations, just rewrite that as:


Fixation is a true life documentary focusing on the thrilling world of single speed cycling in Southern California. Shot over the course of 12 weeks, Fixation captures, for the first time, the excitement and popularity of this growing sport from all perspectives in Southern California.
It's cool that you got Jamie Staff to do an interview. He's a nice guy.

91MF 04-25-11 04:50 PM

ughh i gotta be honest with you guys, im so effing over this stuff. its a damn bike, and people of all different walks of life like to ride them. it does not define a person* or their friends. it definitely does not warrant a film.

as hardcore as some people might think they are with the brakeless fixed in city traffic one with the bicycle organic zen moment really, its NOTHING. you are just riding a bike. get over it.

this is hardcore. this warrants a film. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJmVJZbmIk



*if riding a fixed gear bike defines you you need to re-evaluate your life. i effing LOVE riding bikes but i would throw the stable off a bridge if my wife and kids asked me to.

Scrodzilla 04-25-11 04:54 PM

The trailer for this actually looks decent and of course there are going to be haters. No, there doesn't "need" to be films like this. On the other side of the coin, there doesn't really "need" to be films about anything. I like watching movies about things I'm interested in and fixed gear bikes are obviously something that interests me.

I'd rather watch this than some cgi explosionfest starring some Nicolas Cage or some other meathead I can't relate to. I guess I'm lame.

bikessuck 04-25-11 04:59 PM


Originally Posted by 91MF (Post 12554864)
*if riding a fixed gear bike defines you you need to re-evaluate your life. i effing LOVE riding bikes but i would throw the stable off a bridge if my wife and kids asked me to.

I'd throw my wife and kids off a bridge before I'd even think about tossing my bike...

Squirrelli 04-25-11 05:01 PM

meh, just another fixie edit put together by some bros in socal

i'm not liking or disliking it, but rather, feeling apathetic about it

vw addict 04-25-11 05:06 PM


Originally Posted by Scrodzilla (Post 12554880)
I'd rather watch this than some cgi explosionfest starring some Nicolas Cage or some other meathead I can't relate to. I guess I'm lame.

so you're chill with this shill making a screen name just so he can promote his edit? Said it before, lame.

Scrodzilla 04-25-11 05:13 PM

No, I'm not particularly cool with that.

But I'll still watch the movie.

PlattsVegas 04-25-11 06:46 PM

they forgot bmx

thenomad 04-25-11 06:51 PM

Lets just call every flippin thing a "lifestyle". Brakeless is a lifestyle now? Is helmetless a lifestyle too? I guess I rep the "underwearer lifestyle".

The whole "lifestyle" movement is such a fascade created by marketing reps. Make it a lifestyle and you'll be able to sell official lifestyle hats, shirts, pants, bike parts, stickers, breakfast cereal, bubble gum, condoms and on... Geeze, even the "anti-corporate-vegan-anarchy-PETA-lifestyle" has its own clothing line, shopping center and member club.

Having said that if its free I'll watch it because I like bikes.

hamish5178 04-25-11 06:56 PM


Originally Posted by Scrodzilla (Post 12554880)
The trailer for this actually looks decent and of course there are going to be haters. No, there doesn't "need" to be films like this. On the other side of the coin, there doesn't really "need" to be films about anything. I like watching movies about things I'm interested in and fixed gear bikes are obviously something that interests me.

I'd rather watch this than some cgi explosionfest starring some Nicolas Cage or some other meathead I can't relate to. I guess I'm lame.

+1 (though I wouldn't call Nick Cage a meathead ;) )

This trailer looks great. The picture quality in MASH sucked, there was no story, it got really boring after the first watch. Same goes for Macaframa (though the quality was a bit better).

If the video is really that high quality, I'd definitely watch it.

adriano 04-25-11 07:10 PM

dont call nicholas cage a meathead. hes got a gigantic forehead thats smooth as an egg. also a pertinent fact, he is a southern california resident.

adriano 04-25-11 07:10 PM

the right price is definitely free or free with free beers.

carleton 04-25-11 07:19 PM


Originally Posted by 91MF (Post 12554864)
ughh i gotta be honest with you guys, im so effing over this stuff. its a damn bike, and people of all different walks of life like to ride them. it does not define a person* or their friends. it definitely does not warrant a film.

as hardcore as some people might think they are with the brakeless fixed in city traffic one with the bicycle organic zen moment really, its NOTHING. you are just riding a bike. get over it.

I agree with you.

The premise of the movie seems to be, "We are different. We are special."...but we are not. Seriously.

I never really understood the "Fixed Gear or Die" or "One Less Roadie" attitude (yeah I said it...it's nothing personal, Scrod). On a personal note, being a track racer doesn't make me special either. Actually, being a track "specialist" really means that I suck at other forms of bike racing (road, crits, MTB, CX, ...). Average guys from other cycling disciplines hop on a track bike and kick my ass every race day.

I've watched lots of people go absolutely apesh*t over something having a fixed gear drive train and get all fanatical about it (e.g Prolly) as though it were some Political or Religious ideology. Not that those are good reasons to be fanatical, but those are examples to which we can relate. And if some bike had some vintage parts on it, they would go bonkers...even if the vintage components were inferior to current offerings because Old + Rare = Better than Anything Else on Earth.

I started laughing when the young freestyler said something to the effect of, "Fixed is a lot more fun because there's a lot more tricks you can do...". As the video shows clips of 180, 180, 180 to fakie, 180...That scene right there let me know that this is fanatical and not based in any form of logic.

Then the other guy is like, "I'm going to LA to RIDE. We're pushing mileage. We are going faster than anyone else..." Riiiiight... tell that to the 40 year old dude who just matched your weekly mileage tally in his commute to and from work on Monday. Max speed? On a 48x18? Even at 150RPM, the "old guy" topped that 31MPH on his commute this morning, too.

misskaz 04-25-11 07:22 PM

The melodramatic music in the trailer makes me think they're taking themselves a bit too seriously.

That said, dudes on bikes = I'd watch it. If it were free or something close to it.

adriano 04-25-11 07:23 PM

carletons cold heart will melt at the scene with the tracksters deadlifting though.

carleton 04-25-11 07:34 PM


Originally Posted by adriano (Post 12555552)
carletons cold heart will melt at the scene with the tracksters deadlifting though.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lidovl3FAG1qbixnn.jpg

jpaschall 04-25-11 07:35 PM

I say let them be passionate and make a movie about something they love to do. Whether or not it's something one should aspire toward or look up to (which I don't think anyone is arrogant enough to claim), there is a "movement" or subculture of people riding fixed, and I don't see how making a movie about that is any different than making a movie about, say, punk culture in the 80's or whatever else have you.

MuppetMower 04-25-11 07:42 PM

Hope they have some sexy babes

carleton 04-25-11 07:50 PM


Originally Posted by jpaschall (Post 12555610)
I say let them be passionate and make a movie about something they love to do. Whether or not it's something one should aspire toward or look up to (which I don't think anyone is arrogant enough to claim), there is a "movement" or subculture of people riding fixed, and I don't see how making a movie about that is any different than making a movie about, say, punk culture in the 80's or whatever else have you.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that they shouldn't have made a movie. It's just that the premise and dialog of the movie seem to strongly make a case that some don't agree with and the only reason it's being discussed is because Curt37 came here to promote/shill. "Shill" because his first post ever is him selling the movie. He's never contributed to the BF community.


Originally Posted by MuppetMower (Post 12555652)
Hope they have some sexy babes

That would be nice...but I doubt it. If they were in there, they'd be in the trailer. The closest thing we got was the thigh of the Peanut Butter 2012 rider (all female team) installing the Zipp disc on the Fuji Track Pro at the 1:02 mark.

Scrodzilla 04-25-11 07:54 PM

I PM'ed ol' Curt telling him that if sticks around to contribute, cool beans. If not, take it elsewhere.

And no offense was taken over the 'One Less Roadie' comment. I made those shirts and stickers as a tongue-in-cheek way to combat the flux of 'One Less Fixie' stickers that were popular among choadies in my area a while back.

hamish5178 04-25-11 08:03 PM


Originally Posted by adriano (Post 12555469)
dont call nicholas cage a meathead. hes got a gigantic forehead thats smooth as an egg. also a pertinent fact, he is a southern california resident.

and Adaptation was a great movie,


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.