Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

What Else Did You Just Buy For Your Bike? Thread Thread Thread..... Thread

Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

What Else Did You Just Buy For Your Bike? Thread Thread Thread..... Thread

Old 12-06-18, 08:46 AM
  #4376  
klhada
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought a Sram Omnium crankset for my Langster!

sorry for the NDS picture. Was showing my friendly sticker

Also, I'm all legs. The frame is a 58, with a 90mm stem, and the sky high seatpost.
klhada is offline  
Old 12-07-18, 01:51 PM
  #4377  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 5,123

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Pink Klein MTB, Phil Wood VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Is that seatpost above the minimum insertion line? Make sure you double check that so it doesn't snap and cause issues.
veganbikes is offline  
Old 12-07-18, 08:06 PM
  #4378  
mouse
dumb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Blemished H+Son SL42 rim dropped down to just $38 on RG! Been eyeing that sucker for a while, I couldn't pass on it. Will add a little weight over the alex da22 I'm currently running, but I'm okay with that. Time to learn how to measure spoke length and lace a wheel!!

mouse is offline  
Old 12-08-18, 05:41 PM
  #4379  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 5,123

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Pink Klein MTB, Phil Wood VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts



Got some M10s in the new color and Bought two C17 All Weather's for to rest my cheeks. As well as some tubes and Fizik Bartape alas they were out of the new GP5000 in 700x28 but I will survive
veganbikes is offline  
Old 12-09-18, 06:31 AM
  #4380  
klhada
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes View Post
Is that seatpost above the minimum insertion line? Make sure you double check that so it doesn't snap and cause issues.
yup! Still got some to go until the mininum insertion
klhada is offline  
Old 12-09-18, 11:47 AM
  #4381  
IAmSam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
IAmSam is offline  
Old 12-09-18, 12:54 PM
  #4382  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 5,123

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Pink Klein MTB, Phil Wood VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by klhada View Post
yup! Still got some to go until the mininum insertion
Good good good, don't want you getting hurt out there.
veganbikes is offline  
Old 12-09-18, 08:19 PM
  #4383  
Rollfast
What happened?
 
Rollfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Around here somewhere
Posts: 7,394

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1472 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
I bought an early 80s Chicago Schwinn Cruiser project for the other bikes' company. Rack, stem, free handlebars, have seats and pedals, need two whitewalls and a Rocket Ray.
__________________
I don't know Everything...I've just been at it long enough to know why it's probably messed up.

Last edited by Rollfast; 12-17-18 at 04:15 AM.
Rollfast is offline  
Old 12-10-18, 12:39 PM
  #4384  
50voltphantom
Senior Member
 
50voltphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SD
Posts: 2,654

Bikes: Handsome Fredward, Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Titanium cantilever pivot bolts to replace the needlessly long (20mm -> 12mm) steel ones that they shipped with. This is what happens when I don't ride enough.


Edit: stay tuned for new wheel build parts photos.

Last edited by 50voltphantom; 12-10-18 at 02:17 PM.
50voltphantom is offline  
Old 12-10-18, 01:54 PM
  #4385  
phobus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South FL
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 50voltphantom View Post
This is what happens when I don't ride enough.
Get out of my head! In the past few weeks I've spent more time shopping than wrenching, and more time wrenching than riding. And we have awesome weather right now, too.
phobus is offline  
Old 12-10-18, 02:10 PM
  #4386  
50voltphantom
Senior Member
 
50voltphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SD
Posts: 2,654

Bikes: Handsome Fredward, Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by phobus View Post
Get out of my head! In the past few weeks I've spent more time shopping than wrenching, and more time wrenching than riding. And we have awesome weather right now, too.
Freezing temps, ice and snow here. Treadmill season, ugh.
50voltphantom is offline  
Old 12-10-18, 02:13 PM
  #4387  
mouse
dumb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 50voltphantom View Post
Titanium cantilever pivot bolts to replace the needlessly long (20mm -> 12mm) steel ones that they shipped with. This is what happens when I don't ride enough.
UGHHHHHH! I love neo chrome / oil slick finishes
mouse is offline  
Old 12-11-18, 12:41 AM
  #4388  
ryan_rides
Senior Member
 
ryan_rides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: South Florida
Posts: 149

Bikes: Aventon Cordoba 2018

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


This tire 700cX25c but not blue. Just black. On the front to replace the specialized tire that was there. Now I have new rubber front and rear (plus tire liners). Feels nice.
ryan_rides is offline  
Old 12-11-18, 09:03 PM
  #4389  
bassboy1126
Junior Member
 
bassboy1126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 18

Bikes: State Bicycle Undefeated II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts



42L of pure awesomeness!
bassboy1126 is offline  
Old 12-12-18, 04:48 PM
  #4390  
mouse
dumb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bassboy1126 View Post

42L of pure awesomeness!
Sweet! Been eyeing new bags for a while. Think Iím gonna go with the hando
mouse is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:43 PM
  #4391  
bassboy1126
Junior Member
 
bassboy1126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 18

Bikes: State Bicycle Undefeated II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mouse View Post

Sweet! Been eyeing new bags for a while. Think Iím gonna go with the hando
Yeah, the Hondo looks really cool. The Pawn 2.0 was my first chrome bag, and wow does chrome really know how to make a backpack. Hope you like the hondo
bassboy1126 is offline  
Old 12-14-18, 05:11 AM
  #4392  
klhada
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


trying to make a stock bike work with my T-rex proportions. I really hate the look of rising stems, but what can I do? Also bought a Spz handlebar with 15mm rise.

Changed everything, and off to the commuting (8km). Looks comfy! I can properly use the drops! But in the drops I got a extra pressure in the front of the seat. Turns out the saddle nose was slightly up. Now I think I lowered it too much Also need to rotate those handlebars down a bit. In 2019 I will need to pay for a bike fit to properly measure everything (right now I'm replicating more or less how my road bike was setup in last bike fit)...

PS: the lack of tape is temporary. Since I got two levers, might as well use two brakes. Need to buy cable and housing.
klhada is offline  
Old 12-14-18, 06:33 PM
  #4393  
mouse
dumb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by klhada View Post

trying to make a stock bike work with my T-rex proportions. I really hate the look of rising stems, but what can I do? Also bought a Spz handlebar with 15mm rise.

Changed everything, and off to the commuting (8km). Looks comfy! I can properly use the drops! But in the drops I got a extra pressure in the front of the seat. Turns out the saddle nose was slightly up. Now I think I lowered it too much Also need to rotate those handlebars down a bit. In 2019 I will need to pay for a bike fit to properly measure everything (right now I'm replicating more or less how my road bike was setup in last bike fit)...

PS: the lack of tape is temporary. Since I got two levers, might as well use two brakes. Need to buy cable and housing.
Nice! I am also still trying to tweak fit on my bike. I have the opposite problem. Short legs and long torso lol. I just ordered another frame set to build another bike, so the fun starts all over Hahahaha.

PS: I think it looks much better with drops and without that green bar tape, but thatís just me. Keep it up 👍🏻
mouse is offline  
Old 12-14-18, 06:36 PM
  #4394  
klhada
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mouse View Post


Nice! I am also still trying to tweak fit on my bike. I have the opposite problem. Short legs and long torso lol. I just ordered another frame set to build another bike, so the fun starts all over Hahahaha.

PS: I think it looks much better with drops and without that green bar tape, but thatís just me. Keep it up 👍🏻
yeah, I like the drops better. The tape I knew a mistake was made the moment I saw it installed

will use black tape and just green bar end plugs, just for that little hint of green.
klhada is offline  
Old 12-15-18, 10:16 PM
  #4395  
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -
 
TimothyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Northwest Georgia
Posts: 13,801

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6218 Post(s)
Liked 213 Times in 147 Posts
Been thinking about bikepacking for a while and this is the first concrete step I've taken.



Snow Peak LiteMax. This little thing rips.

I'll probably get a tent, pad and bag/quilt over the winter with the goal of a first trip late spring 2019. Man, I'd like to bikepack in Spain or some place like that.


-Tim-
TimothyH is offline  
Old 12-16-18, 08:12 PM
  #4396  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 5,123

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Pink Klein MTB, Phil Wood VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
I love Snow Peak for the past 8 years or so I have carried a Snow Peak Ti Spork with me nearly daily. Never let me down and I had two pairs of their awesome chopsticks which got stolen and I haven't replaced. I got their starter kit a little while ago and I need to dig all of that out. I use the Ti Mug frequently but haven't used the stove much sadly but when I did it was excellent.

I got some Floyd's of Leadville CBD products to help with my back pain. Some Tincture and Arnica Balm. Really excited to try it and I hope it works.
veganbikes is offline  
Old 12-16-18, 08:17 PM
  #4397  
mouse
dumb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by veganbikes View Post
I love Snow Peak for the past 8 years or so I have carried a Snow Peak Ti Spork with me nearly daily. Never let me down and I had two pairs of their awesome chopsticks which got stolen and I haven't replaced. I got their starter kit a little while ago and I need to dig all of that out. I use the Ti Mug frequently but haven't used the stove much sadly but when I did it was excellent.

I got some Floyd's of Leadville CBD products to help with my back pain. Some Tincture and Arnica Balm. Really excited to try it and I hope it works.
I've been interested in trying some CBD products. I'm reluctant because I haven't done enough research. I listened to several podcasts and they all said to watch out because most of the products on the market don't contain the beneficial extracts.
mouse is offline  
Old 12-16-18, 08:40 PM
  #4398  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 5,123

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Pink Klein MTB, Phil Wood VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mouse View Post
I've been interested in trying some CBD products. I'm reluctant because I haven't done enough research. I listened to several podcasts and they all said to watch out because most of the products on the market don't contain the beneficial extracts.
I trust Floyd's to have the stuff but it is good to watch out and be weary. I was hesitant for a while but I have grown older and softened up to stuff like this. If it doesn't work ah well but I am really hoping it does because I don't like taking prescription drugs especially for painkilling because they can be highly addictive and as someone who has taken "the good stuff" I know why people get hooked on it and how easy it is to be irresponsible. I have taken actual cannabis and am not a fan other than hidden well in edibles and even then it is not something I want to do often. I really just want the pain relief effects and I think CBD could provide that.
veganbikes is offline  
Old 12-16-18, 09:52 PM
  #4399  
mouse
dumb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by veganbikes View Post
I trust Floyd's to have the stuff but it is good to watch out and be weary. I was hesitant for a while but I have grown older and softened up to stuff like this. If it doesn't work ah well but I am really hoping it does because I don't like taking prescription drugs especially for painkilling because they can be highly addictive and as someone who has taken "the good stuff" I know why people get hooked on it and how easy it is to be irresponsible. I have taken actual cannabis and am not a fan other than hidden well in edibles and even then it is not something I want to do often. I really just want the pain relief effects and I think CBD could provide that.
Sounds like its worth a try. I'm on my feet working 10+ hours 6-7 days a week and by the end it really takes a toll. It would be nice to have some relief. I don't enjoy edibles either... wayyyyy to much for me.
mouse is offline  
Old 12-18-18, 08:04 PM
  #4400  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 5,123

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Pink Klein MTB, Phil Wood VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mouse View Post
Sounds like its worth a try. I'm on my feet working 10+ hours 6-7 days a week and by the end it really takes a toll. It would be nice to have some relief. I don't enjoy edibles either... wayyyyy to much for me.
Ooooff, that is too much time on your feet! Though I know the feeling. Some edibles are ok when they give you a nice little buzz but don't leave you out of it but I generally just avoid the stuff most of the time.
veganbikes is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.