Notices
Southern California Southern California

GMR by Night with Eyemage

Old 11-25-10, 11:01 AM
  #1  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
GMR by Night with Eyemage

It was cold. At the end of the ride, it was 42 in LaVerne but the temp at the shack was a few degrees below that for sure. Nice ride though! It was Eyemage's first time up in the dark and I think he enjoyed it. Does seem to give the ride a different feel.

After the ride, we went to "The Habit" for some eats and a few words on Eyemage's account of the ride.

Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 11-25-10, 11:07 AM
  #2  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
At the shack Jack

112410A by gulpxtreme, on Flickr


112410C by gulpxtreme, on Flickr


112410D by gulpxtreme, on Flickr


112410E by gulpxtreme, on Flickr


112410H by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

At one point, Eyemage got so cold he threatened to jump and put an end ot it all. Not to worry, I talked him down safely haha!

112410I by gulpxtreme, on Flickr


Gina joined us later for some eats. She's not a night rider .............YET!

112410G by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

Chicken sandwich, avocado and bacon too, yummm!

112410F by gulpxtreme, on Flickr
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 11-25-10, 07:00 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
nvrlnd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vista,CA
Posts: 253

Bikes: Tommaso Aggraziato,Schwinn Varsity TT Custom

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I want that sandwich
nvrlnd7 is offline  
Old 11-25-10, 11:19 PM
  #4  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nvrlnd7
I want that sandwich


You're too late. Gina couldn't finish it so I went out on a limb to lend a helping hand, err I mean mouth!
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 11-26-10, 07:26 PM
  #5  
A Mountaineering thing
 
Hillbasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Under Mt Baldy in Glendora,California
Posts: 848

Bikes: 4 Road 2 Mtn

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So after months of TRYING to get you to do GMR at night, I am relegated to "Where's Hillbasher?" " No comment." My, but how quick the worm does turn. Or should I say Snake. Nice to see you didn't wuss out this time and that you made it to the shack. Looks like you had a good ride.
Hillbasher is offline  
Old 11-26-10, 07:36 PM
  #6  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hillbasher
relegated

Quit using big words, you confuse me!
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 11-26-10, 08:57 PM
  #7  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hillbasher
So after months of TRYING to get you to do GMR at night, I am relegated to "Where's Hillbasher?" " No comment." My, but how quick the worm does turn. Or should I say Snake. Nice to see you didn't wuss out this time and that you made it to the shack. Looks like you had a good ride.

After consulting with higher authorities, my suspicions of making the "no comment" remark doens't see to be offensive, which was my thoughts initially. I guess that's just further reason why I need to start doing more alone time on the bike. As far as wuss, yeah, the many times I wanted to ride down Little GMR then back up after reaching the shack, the many times I wanted to ride to the village and didn't, the many times I changed my ride time by two hours because it was too hot for others to ride, knowing I should have gone alone but made accommodations for fellow riders is what makes me a wuss. Knowing that I should have made the best of my ride but didn't on account of others is what makes me a snake and a wuss.

Well I guess I don't have to worry about offending others with my unintentionally offensive remarks if I ride alone.
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 11-26-10, 09:30 PM
  #8  
A Mountaineering thing
 
Hillbasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Under Mt Baldy in Glendora,California
Posts: 848

Bikes: 4 Road 2 Mtn

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
After consulting with higher authorities, my suspicions of making the "no comment" remark doens't see to be offensive, which was my thoughts initially. I guess that's just further reason why I need to start doing more alone time on the bike. As far as wuss, yeah, the many times I wanted to ride down Little GMR then back up after reaching the shack, the many times I wanted to ride to the village and didn't, the many times I changed my ride time by two hours because it was too hot for others to ride, knowing I should have gone alone but made accommodations for fellow riders is what makes me a wuss. Knowing that I should have made the best of my ride but didn't on account of others is what makes me a snake and a wuss.

Well I guess I don't have to worry about offending others with my unintentionally offensive remarks if I ride alone.
Dang, Mr Beanz, what got your panties in such a bunch? No offense was taken or intended . Guess I was wrong when I thought you could take a joke. I see someone needs to take a chill pill or two.
Hillbasher is offline  
Old 11-27-10, 05:42 PM
  #9  
Dilligaf
 
JimmyNH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: RSM, CA
Posts: 614

Bikes: Orbea

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Holly shít guys! If it wasn't for the video and the pics, I wouldn't believe you've done that! You've got balls!
By the way, nice music choice Mr. Beanz.
JimmyNH is offline  
Old 11-27-10, 05:57 PM
  #10  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyNH
Holly shít guys! If it wasn't for the video and the pics, I wouldn't believe you've done that! You've got balls!
By the way, nice music choice Mr. Beanz.
Hahaha! I figured you'd like the Beatles tune!
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 11-27-10, 11:28 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Downey, Ca
Posts: 910
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I can't carry enough lights to ride at night.
LAriverRat is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
2cam16
General Cycling Discussion
18
09-11-18 07:40 PM
Fletch521
Classic & Vintage
0
04-26-12 03:30 PM
djkashuba
Classic & Vintage
10
07-17-11 03:59 PM
Mr. Beanz
Road Cycling
1
11-25-10 12:10 PM
Mr. Beanz
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
1
11-25-10 11:10 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.