Notices
Southern California Southern California

Nice Day on GMR 4/7/12

Old 04-07-12, 02:39 PM
  #1  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Nice Day on GMR 4/7/12

Well Gina had stuff to do today so I thought I'd do GMR. Nice day but I didn't see one rider heading up. That's a good thing cause that means I didn't get passed. But looking at my Garmin info, I see that I am getting older fatter and slower ha ha! No biggie cause Fast Man Jason didn't pass me today. He has this thing of passing me/us right before the final downhill to the shack. Today, no pass but he was right behind me when I got to the shack. Only thing I can think of is that maybe he had to fix a flat on the way up ha ha!

Well anytime Jason passes me, I don't feel bad. No need! He is #6 on the "gate to the shack" leader board on Strava! ;-)

I got in 19 miles and 2654 ft of climbing and only stopping long enough to snap a shot and say hi!



Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 04-07-12, 06:10 PM
  #2  
jmX
Senior Member
 
jmX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,201

Bikes: Roubaix / Shiv

Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
It's nice to see it's a real human that put up such an inhuman time of 34 minutes gate->shack. Very impressive.

How were the temps up there?
jmX is offline  
Old 04-07-12, 06:21 PM
  #3  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jmX
It's nice to see it's a real human that put up such an inhuman time of 34 minutes gate->shack. Very impressive.

How were the temps up there?
Ave temp 82. ..Yup, Jason is a good climber. I met the guy back in 2003, always been fast. Was on a forum ride (differ site), he was riding a $500 Scattante and smoke everybody ha ha!
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 04-07-12, 08:03 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Lesper4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: So Cal - Fontana
Posts: 1,274

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale CAAD9 5, 1995 Cannondale CAD F300 hardtail

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After the cold the last two weeks that heat really got to.me. hopefully when I download I will have a new pr. GRR was. Freeway today.
Lesper4 is offline  
Old 04-07-12, 09:36 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 86

Bikes: Windsor Fens

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Missed you Beanz, did GMR this morning 10:30 or so. Did you go earlier or later? On the way up, only passed one guy, and got passed by 2 guys. On the way down, there were quite a lot of people riding up. Was too hot to set PR's today, although still made it within a couple minutes of them.

https://app.strava.com/rides/6354853
indomikey is offline  
Old 04-07-12, 11:09 PM
  #6  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by indomikey
Missed you Beanz, did GMR this morning 10:30 or so. Did you go earlier or later? On the way up, only passed one guy, and got passed by 2 guys. On the way down, there were quite a lot of people riding up. Was too hot to set PR's today, although still made it within a couple minutes of them.

https://app.strava.com/rides/6354853


Funny but did you ride with a partner that was dressed about the same (white'ish kit). I saw a coupoe of dudes nearingthe shack when I started descending. Guys almost looked like twins. As I was driving off in my truck, I saw them going across foothill with a third guy. Taller thinner guy in light blue'ish kit. Across Foothill then down Amelia.

I started about 10 am. I saw these two guys and nodded as they rode up toward the shack, maybe close to 6 miles up the GMR climb?
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 04-07-12, 11:49 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 69

Bikes: Primary: Cannondale System Six, full Record, Carbon BB30, Ksyrium SL SSC Beater: Motobecane Vent Noir, Tiagra/105 mix, Vuelta XRP

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Beanz, indomikey's my brother. Yeah, that must have been us! Turns out the taller/thinner guy was a guy from bakersfield that happened to be in town and was asking us for directions to Upland, where he had some cousins. I guess we were so tired from climbing that we didn't notice you! One of these days, we'll recognize you and be sure to meet and greet with you.

Here's my ride on strava as well, not that you'll see much difference from my bro's ride haha

https://app.strava.com/rides/6355212
JusRelax is offline  
Old 04-08-12, 09:32 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 86

Bikes: Windsor Fens

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Through the haze that develops when you are riding at or near your limit, I must have missed your characteristic yellow jersey!
indomikey is offline  
Old 04-08-12, 10:28 AM
  #9  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JusRelax
Hey Beanz, indomikey's my brother. Yeah, that must have been us! Turns out the taller/thinner guy was a guy from bakersfield that happened to be in town and was asking us for directions to Upland, where he had some cousins. I guess we were so tired from climbing that we didn't notice you! One of these days, we'll recognize you and be sure to meet and greet with you.

Here's my ride on strava as well, not that you'll see much difference from my bro's ride haha

https://app.strava.com/rides/6355212
Nice ride, your gate to shack is darn good. I remember you guys cause I only saw maybe 5 other riders. I throw off other riders when I ride alone or without Gina.
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Old 04-08-12, 10:33 AM
  #10  
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Posts: 19,895

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by indomikey
Through the haze that develops when you are riding at or near your limit, I must have missed your characteristic yellow jersey!
Hazey yeah! You guys looked right at me and I nodded ha ha! But the jersey wasn't actually yellow, it was a bright hi vis greenish yellow color. So that and the haze, I can understand the nonrecognition ha ha!

Good job, nice ride!
Mr. Beanz is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Mr. Beanz
Southern California
15
07-22-12 05:03 PM
Mr. Beanz
Southern California
12
04-23-12 08:21 PM
Mr. Beanz
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
16
03-28-12 10:25 AM
Mr. Beanz
Southern California
9
10-18-11 02:14 PM
Mr. Beanz
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
0
10-15-11 07:04 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.