Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Drop bar with "flat" ramps?

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Drop bar with "flat" ramps?

Old 03-09-10, 06:47 PM
  #1  
Old. Slow. Happy.
Thread Starter
 
MileHighMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boulder County, CO
Posts: 1,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Drop bar with "flat" ramps?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a drop bar with "flat" ramps? I know about the Nitto Noodle, but I'd like to know if there are any others out there. One catch--I'd like a silver finish. Diameter doesn't really matter, as I can suitable stems in 26.0 and 31.8 sizes.

Deda's Speciale looks promising, but I haven't found a "profile" photo.

Thanks.
MileHighMark is offline  
Old 03-10-10, 02:40 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hollister, CA
Posts: 455

Bikes: Bianchi San Jose, Mercian King of Mercia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For what it's worth, I really like my 46 cm Noodles.
paxtonm is offline  
Old 03-10-10, 03:02 PM
  #3  
Licensed Bike Geek
 
Davet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Los Barriles, Baja Sur, Mexico
Posts: 1,360

Bikes: Look 585, Kirk Terraplane, Serotta Ottrott, Spectrum Super Custom, Hampsten Carbon Leger Tournesol

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by MileHighMark
Does anyone have a recommendation for a drop bar with "flat" ramps? I know about the Nitto Noodle, but I'd like to know if there are any others out there. One catch--I'd like a silver finish. Diameter doesn't really matter, as I can suitable stems in 26.0 and 31.8 sizes.

Deda's Speciale looks promising, but I haven't found a "profile" photo.

Thanks.
Nitto make several nice bars that would fit your bill: 184 STI. 186 STI, 194 STI and some more here: https://www16.ocn.ne.jp/~nitto210/nitto-jbg.pdf
Davet is offline  
Old 03-10-10, 03:30 PM
  #4  
Old. Slow. Happy.
Thread Starter
 
MileHighMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boulder County, CO
Posts: 1,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Davet
Nitto make several nice bars that would fit your bill: 184 STI. 186 STI, 194 STI and some more here: https://www16.ocn.ne.jp/~nitto210/nitto-jbg.pdf
Those look pretty interesting.

Are they only available in the US through SOMA?
MileHighMark is offline  
Old 03-10-10, 04:10 PM
  #5  
Licensed Bike Geek
 
Davet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Los Barriles, Baja Sur, Mexico
Posts: 1,360

Bikes: Look 585, Kirk Terraplane, Serotta Ottrott, Spectrum Super Custom, Hampsten Carbon Leger Tournesol

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by MileHighMark
Those look pretty interesting.

Are they only available in the US through SOMA?
Try these guys: https://www.stonescyclery.com/
Davet is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Banzai
Road Cycling
11
01-06-20 05:41 AM
bwilli88
Classic & Vintage
38
03-22-18 02:37 PM
nightfly
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
4
01-05-13 07:22 PM
'47
Fifty Plus (50+)
8
11-14-10 05:22 AM
cardboardhut
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
1
08-02-10 10:38 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.