Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Touring (https://www.bikeforums.net/touring/)
-   -   Credit Cardit on an Italian race bike (https://www.bikeforums.net/touring/669285-credit-cardit-italian-race-bike.html)

nun 08-06-10 10:44 AM

Credit Carding on an Italian race bike
 
1 Attachment(s)
Last weekend I went on a quick two day credit card tour. I packed a change of clothing and a wash kit into a Carradice Barley and put it on the back of my DeRosa Neo Primato. Lots of fun and I even did a bit of light off roading.

4000Miles 08-06-10 10:52 AM

Nice! That bag looks like it's rubbing your tire though, how did you like it?

longbeachgary 08-06-10 10:57 AM

Nice

tarwheel 08-06-10 11:05 AM

That sounds like fun. I've thought about doing that myself but haven't pulled it off yet. What did you do for shoes? I would have trouble walking around much in any of my cycling shoes, although the MTB shoes with SPDs could suffice in a pinch.

nun 08-06-10 11:06 AM


Originally Posted by 4000Miles (Post 11243921)
Nice! That bag looks like it's rubbing your tire though, how did you like it?

When the bag is open it drops down a bit. Once the cord is pulled tight there's a couple of inches between the bag and the tire.

nun 08-06-10 11:18 AM


Originally Posted by tarwheel (Post 11244012)
That sounds like fun. I've thought about doing that myself but haven't pulled it off yet. What did you do for shoes? I would have trouble walking around much in any of my cycling shoes, although the MTB shoes with SPDs could suffice in a pinch.

No spare shoes, I use Shimano MO76 SPD MTB shoes and they are perfectly good to walk around in off the bike

crimsonking 08-06-10 09:32 PM

Waht size tyres do you use? It looks tight fit.
How do you feel about the tyre size? Is it problematic?
Btw that's nice bike, love it.

nun 08-07-10 02:22 PM


Originally Posted by crimsonking (Post 11247492)
Waht size tyres do you use? It looks tight fit.
How do you feel about the tyre size? Is it problematic?
Btw that's nice bike, love it.

I use 25mm Gatorskins, they are as large as I can go on the DeRosa. I generally tour on 28mm

Thanks the DeRosa was an extravagance as I didn't have a race geometry bike.

gregw 08-08-10 11:18 AM

"Credit Carding on an Italian race bike "

Sure, even an American touring bike..................... for now.

But not a Greek bike, their credit is no good : )


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.