Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Keto diet?

Old 06-15-17, 10:58 AM
  #1  
TheFitAdventure
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Keto diet?

Anyone here on the keto diet while training? I'm new to cycling/biking but was wondering if anyone has experience being on keto and endurance training.
TheFitAdventure is offline  
Old 06-15-17, 06:14 PM
  #2  
Seattle Forrest
Senior Member
 
Seattle Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 19,081
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7978 Post(s)
Liked 190 Times in 124 Posts
You won't be able to perform at high intensity. You'll develop bad breath. The highlight of your day will be putting a stick of butter in your coffee for flavor.
Seattle Forrest is offline  
Old 06-16-17, 06:32 AM
  #3  
hyegeek
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While there seems to be a pretty big attitude about keto diets around here, I have found it to be quite convenient for long rides. Not needing to refuel for 100+ mile rides means I only have to make sure I stay hydrated.
hyegeek is offline  
Old 06-16-17, 09:52 AM
  #4  
BloomBikeShop
BloomBikeShop.com
 
BloomBikeShop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 534

Bikes: A few.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Depends on your physiology and riding type/style. Opinions are mixed, for good reason!
BloomBikeShop is offline  
Old 06-16-17, 12:22 PM
  #5  
Salamandrine 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,888

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1714 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 33 Times in 23 Posts
I don't mind hiking or even jogging in full keto, but for me cycling is not fun when fully bonked. Cycling demands brief moments of high intensity that can be pretty taxing without some glycogen power. Some examples would be going over a little hill, taking off from a dead stop, or crossing the steep part of a switchback.

That said I'm not on a keto diet. I have done it on occasion though mostly to shake things up a bit. Obviously if you are completely used to it everything will be easier, but even then you will not be as fast as you would be on carbs.
Salamandrine is offline  
Old 06-19-17, 07:10 AM
  #6  
awesomeame
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 163

Bikes: 2018 Trek Emonda SL w/Vision metron 40 wheelset, ultegra gruppa. 2010 Intense Tracer VP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was eating mainly Keto prior to the cycling season, (less than 20g carb) but after starting to ride had to start including carbs, at about 20% of daily cals. I found flat riding at low intensities no problem, but I'd be a complete wreck on any sort of climb. Even small climbs were slow going and exhausting.

From my experience, if you can keep your heartrate below I'd say 70-75% at all times, keto is easily manageable. Above this, your performance will be crap, and you'll exhaust quickly which you'll feel for the rest of the day..recovery seems slow.

I read base building for cyclists last week, and in the book he recommends going to 45% daily calories from carbs, so I've been trying this. Although great for performance (87km ride 2 days into diet, avg 26.8km/hr but kept it low-ish intensity) it doesn't appear to have done much for weight/body composition over the last week, and in fact I'm up 3lbs. I'm also noticing I'm sweating and am tired a lot...I feel very full/bloated, and frankly, dumb...like my brain isn't turning on. But at the same time muscle fatigue seems to be much less, I can definitely ride longer than at 20% carbs.

I'm going to dial back the carbs to maybe 25-35% and see how that goes.

Matt

Last edited by awesomeame; 06-19-17 at 07:21 AM.
awesomeame is offline  
Old 06-19-17, 12:25 PM
  #7  
bikebreak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I never did full keto but was on low carb, I found I was not as fast, and I like to ride fast.


Now I try to eat low carb on rest days and more carb on days I ride




Remember to get more salt, on low carb you retain less sodium
bikebreak is offline  
Old 06-19-17, 01:16 PM
  #8  
Salamandrine 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,888

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1714 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by bikebreak View Post
I never did full keto but was on low carb, I found I was not as fast, and I like to ride fast.


Now I try to eat low carb on rest days and more carb on days I ride
That's more or less what I do, though perhaps to a lesser degree. Less carbs on rest days, more carbs on the day before and the day of rides. A good plan IME for an adult with a job trying to stay fit. When I used to race as a teen and trained everyday, I was a carb eating machine, as was and still is typical.
Salamandrine is offline  
Old 06-20-17, 02:11 PM
  #9  
pavbike
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not a fan of all these fad diets
pavbike is offline  
Old 06-22-17, 10:42 AM
  #10  
BigLdet
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did keto for a year and a half it worked well for me while weight lifting till i hit a plateau. Then i switched to a targeted keto diet which you take some extra carbs before and after training time. After a while with that i got where i needed to be and resumed keto. I dont really keto now, cuz beer.

Last edited by BigLdet; 06-22-17 at 10:45 AM. Reason: targeted not cyclical.
BigLdet is offline  
Old 06-23-17, 09:46 PM
  #11  
TigerLily15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think in the beginning you will struggle with energy. But overtime your body should adapt and start using fat like it would glucose. It may take a few months, or maybe sooner depending on your body.
TigerLily15 is offline  
Old 06-27-17, 04:18 PM
  #12  
awesomeame
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 163

Bikes: 2018 Trek Emonda SL w/Vision metron 40 wheelset, ultegra gruppa. 2010 Intense Tracer VP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by awesomeame View Post
I was eating mainly Keto prior to the cycling season, (less than 20g carb) but after starting to ride had to start including carbs, at about 20% of daily cals. I found flat riding at low intensities no problem, but I'd be a complete wreck on any sort of climb. Even small climbs were slow going and exhausting.

From my experience, if you can keep your heartrate below I'd say 70-75% at all times, keto is easily manageable. Above this, your performance will be crap, and you'll exhaust quickly which you'll feel for the rest of the day..recovery seems slow.

I read base building for cyclists last week, and in the book he recommends going to 45% daily calories from carbs, so I've been trying this. Although great for performance (87km ride 2 days into diet, avg 26.8km/hr but kept it low-ish intensity) it doesn't appear to have done much for weight/body composition over the last week, and in fact I'm up 3lbs. I'm also noticing I'm sweating and am tired a lot...I feel very full/bloated, and frankly, dumb...like my brain isn't turning on. But at the same time muscle fatigue seems to be much less, I can definitely ride longer than at 20% carbs.

I'm going to dial back the carbs to maybe 25-35% and see how that goes.

Matt
Well, I dialed back the carbs, kindof, and rode 114kms on Sunday with no issues. Ride time was 4hrs, 23mins. I did, however, carb load Saturday night by eating a pizza and having beers/liquor, lol.

I notice my diet is continually getting poorer, like lower quality. Craving carbs, & eating junk. Doesn't help we have easy access to junk food here at work for free! Like, I'll plan to eat 30% carbs, but then will binge on junk so it'll up the carb %%, but then also go overboard on calories.

Eating keto (less than 20g carb/day) easily let me control food intake, and calories didn't matter so much. Didn't have cravings, always felt alert. Eating carbs seems to eff me up, I can't control intake at all, constantly craving crap, and I am becoming increasingly unhappy mentally.

I'm going to go back to keto for now. During my bodybuilding days (which is a LONG time ago, lol) I ate a targeted ketogenic diet which gave me good results, but I wasn't doing much besides lifting at that time. It was basically drink sugar water with a preworkout powder 30mins prior to working out, and those would be the only carbs consumed...I had a formula for amount of carbs required per minute of work done...it's around here somewhere.

Matt
awesomeame is offline  
Old 06-30-17, 08:22 PM
  #13  
Jeffwww
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm new to the forum but I'll give my 2 cents, since I'm a Keto eater.

Our bodies started out as Keto burners, Before there was bread and other grain / processed foods that's the only way there was to be. Fruit and vegetables were eaten when in season but we eventually converted our society to Sugar burners. I don't think they were passing out while hunting food or not eating for a few days.

I use keto with intermittent fasting. I eat from 11 Am to 5 pm. I get all of my 2500 calories (or more depending on activities) from things like chicken, beef, broccoli, cheese, cottage cheese, almond milk (dairy is rough on an adult digestive system), and almonds. After about 2 months of doing this I had more energy than I ever had before and I focus better on tasks. I've been on it for well over a year. I was a sugar addict. When I quit sugar my body was upset, I was drinking soda in excess of 2 liters a day. It was a good month before I felt "normal' but you have to stick through it to detox off the sugar.

I don't think its for everyone, its too easy to be distracted by all the places to eat, but my body functions better. I have more energy, never have the ups and downs, and none of the bloating I had before from carb overload. I won't go back and have no need to.
Jeffwww is offline  
Old 07-10-17, 09:28 PM
  #14  
PocketGroove
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've lost 35lbs eating a cyclical ketogenic diet and staying in Ketosis 5 out of 7 days a week. I love the way I feel on the diet and I pretty much have a love/hate relationship with the weekly carbups. Love then, because I can to go nuts with bread, pasta, pizza....but hate the horrible bloat.

Do I think Keto the a fantastic way to lose a ton of weight if you are fat? Yup.
But is it a great diet for endurance athletes (cyclists) who are already down around 10% body fat or less? Nope.

Avoiding the bonk sounds great, but if your performance is already nerfed, then it's up to you to decide. I'm a diehard advocate of ketogenic eating, but that's cause I have body fat to lose and burning off body fat for fuel just makes sense. If you're training hard for long distance racing, and are already low body fat...carbs are gonna fuel you easier.

Also, bacon.
PocketGroove is offline  
Old 07-24-17, 06:17 PM
  #15  
redlude97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,180
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1658 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Interesting new VeloNews podcast with Dr. John Hawley, one of the forefront researchers in "train low" and what he thinks of ketogenic diets for performance Fast Talk podcast, ep. 23: How periodization works... for your nutrition | VeloNews.com
redlude97 is offline  
Old 07-27-17, 07:14 AM
  #16  
petermypeter
Member
 
petermypeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife tried the keto diet, but struggled with it, she's a carboholic! with that said, she started using Keto OS it puts your body in ketos about 60 minutes after you drink it, you can get Keto strips and test it, she has lost 13 lbs in 1 1/2 months and lost her cravings for carbs. She feels great and is excited, she has finally started losing weight, she's 56 years young. She is now involved in Pruvit (the company that sells Keto OS), providing Keto OS for other people. If interested PM me and she can get you a 5 day experience pack to try. Cost about 35.00


Pete

Last edited by petermypeter; 07-27-17 at 12:05 PM.
petermypeter is offline  
Old 08-01-17, 07:23 PM
  #17  
PocketGroove
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by petermypeter View Post
She is now involved in Pruvit (the company that sells Keto OS), providing Keto OS for other people. If interested PM me and she can get you a 5 day experience pack to try. Cost about 35.00


Pete
Wow...imagine if I could get you into Ketosis for FREE?!?
Yeah...eat NOTHING for 3 days while working out...and guess what...you're in Ketosis.
Or...eat a high fat, moderate protein, and low carb (under 30-50gram) diet, for 3 days and you are already there.

You and your wife are selling horse piss. You receive no benefit whatsoever from simply "hitting ketosis".
It's a lifestyle. It means NOT eating carbs...because when they mix with fat...it forces your body to store fat.
But the athletes who do live in Ketosis regularly carb-up either on the weekends or before a workout. CKD or TKD.

Amazingly, those Vegan bros our there are right...they eat 95 percent carbs and 1 percent fat, so yeah. They have something going there, but they are all mostly starved of protein and can't hold onto muscle.

The solution you are presenting here is garbage and I hate you and you should die.
The cycling world already hates the ketogenic diet and your bull**** advert. is not helping the thousands of fatties out there and could easily lose weight by going low carb and exercising, then switching to a higher carb diet if they actually wanted to be competitive. **** man....
Jesus, open a book and leave your wife

Last edited by PocketGroove; 08-01-17 at 07:32 PM.
PocketGroove is offline  
Old 08-01-17, 07:51 PM
  #18  
skinny matt
more coffee please
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West Chester PA,
Posts: 132

Bikes: a couple schwinns

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tell us how you really feel.
skinny matt is offline  
Old 08-02-17, 04:40 PM
  #19  
petermypeter
Member
 
petermypeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PocketGroove View Post
Wow...imagine if I could get you into Ketosis for FREE?!?
Yeah...eat NOTHING for 3 days while working out...and guess what...you're in Ketosis.
Or...eat a high fat, moderate protein, and low carb (under 30-50gram) diet, for 3 days and you are already there.

You and your wife are selling horse piss. You receive no benefit whatsoever from simply "hitting ketosis".
It's a lifestyle. It means NOT eating carbs...because when they mix with fat...it forces your body to store fat.
But the athletes who do live in Ketosis regularly carb-up either on the weekends or before a workout. CKD or TKD.

Amazingly, those Vegan bros our there are right...they eat 95 percent carbs and 1 percent fat, so yeah. They have something going there, but they are all mostly starved of protein and can't hold onto muscle.

The solution you are presenting here is garbage and I hate you and you should die.
The cycling world already hates the ketogenic diet and your bull**** advert. is not helping the thousands of fatties out there and could easily lose weight by going low carb and exercising, then switching to a higher carb diet if they actually wanted to be competitive. **** man....
Jesus, open a book and leave your wife

You must have mommy issues, with that being said you should understand what ketos does for you before you just start blabbing. It does alot more that just help lose weight. MAYBE go do your homework and see what some of the top Doctors are saying. DUH idiot.
petermypeter is offline  
Old 08-02-17, 05:25 PM
  #20  
redlude97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,180
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1658 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by petermypeter View Post
You must have mommy issues, with that being said you should understand what ketos does for you before you just start blabbing. It does alot more that just help lose weight. MAYBE go do your homework and see what some of the top Doctors are saying. DUH idiot.
get out of here shill
redlude97 is offline  
Old 08-09-17, 04:29 PM
  #21  
fantom1 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Middle of the desert
Posts: 544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hyegeek View Post
While there seems to be a pretty big attitude about keto diets around here, I have found it to be quite convenient for long rides. Not needing to refuel for 100+ mile rides means I only have to make sure I stay hydrated.
Ladies and gentlemen, the next Tour de France Champion, you heard it here first. Actually probably just World Endurance Sports Champion in general.

either that or you are riding really, really slowly.

Anyhow, anyone who has hunted vs. gathered can tell you what a total bunch of hooey the "we started out exclusively carnivorous" theory is anyhow. Its much, much, much more tiring and inefficient to hunt than to gather fruits, nuts and grains. Our bodies didn't start off any way or evolve any way except omnivorous. Not only that, but there is no evidence of it. Zero. Somebody made it up to sell books and products and for some reason people believed it.

Look at your teeth. Do they look like shark teeth? Nope. Heck, they don't even look like wolf or bear teeth (both of which are omnivorous anyhow) and that's not because we've grown durum for 10k years.
fantom1 is offline  
Old 08-09-17, 04:40 PM
  #22  
FrenchFit 
The Left Coast, USA
 
FrenchFit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,709

Bikes: Bulls, Bianchi, Koga, Trek, Miyata

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by awesomeame View Post
I was eating mainly Keto prior to the cycling season, (less than 20g carb) but after starting to ride had to start including carbs, at about 20% of daily cals. I found flat riding at low intensities no problem, but I'd be a complete wreck on any sort of climb. Even small climbs were slow going and exhausting.

From my experience, if you can keep your heartrate below I'd say 70-75% at all times, keto is easily manageable. Above this, your performance will be crap, and you'll exhaust quickly which you'll feel for the rest of the day..recovery seems slow.

I read base building for cyclists last week, and in the book he recommends going to 45% daily calories from carbs, so I've been trying this. Although great for performance (87km ride 2 days into diet, avg 26.8km/hr but kept it low-ish intensity) it doesn't appear to have done much for weight/body composition over the last week, and in fact I'm up 3lbs. I'm also noticing I'm sweating and am tired a lot...I feel very full/bloated, and frankly, dumb...like my brain isn't turning on. But at the same time muscle fatigue seems to be much less, I can definitely ride longer than at 20% carbs.

I'm going to dial back the carbs to maybe 25-35% and see how that goes.

Matt
This. I've been IFing for about 4 years, reduced carbs and sugars a few years ago. I don't know that I've kept it under 20g consistently, but no bread, pasta, rice, beers, desserts, etc. As the post above points out, there are problems with hi intensity output. Running 10 miles is easy going, running 10 miles at a race pace is not doable. My pace in all strenuous efforts has fallen off significantly, but my general health and stamina is much better. So..what outcome are you after?
FrenchFit is offline  
Old 08-09-17, 05:17 PM
  #23  
hyegeek
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fantom1 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, the next Tour de France Champion, you heard it here first. Actually probably just World Endurance Sports Champion in general.
Thanks for demonstrating the attitude I was referring to.

Originally Posted by fantom1 View Post
either that or you are riding really, really slowly.
I don't see where I claimed to be fast, just not needing to eat while doing long bike rides. I enjoy my rides and can go for long stretches any only hydrate.
Originally Posted by fantom1 View Post
Anyhow, anyone who has hunted vs. gathered can tell you what a total bunch of hooey the "we started out exclusively carnivorous" theory is anyhow. Its much, much, much more tiring and inefficient to hunt than to gather fruits, nuts and grains. Our bodies didn't start off any way or evolve any way except omnivorous. Not only that, but there is no evidence of it. Zero. Somebody made it up to sell books and products and for some reason people believed it.
Your assumption for why I'm in ketosis, while useful to your points, is completely wrong. Frankly, if my body could handle carbs, I would be eating carbs. Since I'm diabetic and want to stay off meds and insulin, the high fat ketosis diet is what I'm doing. The fact that it allows longer bike rides without needing to eat is just an added bonus, not the reason I do it.
hyegeek is offline  
Old 08-09-17, 06:44 PM
  #24  
fantom1 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Middle of the desert
Posts: 544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hyegeek View Post

Your assumption for why I'm in ketosis, while useful to your points, is completely wrong.
Wasn't talking about you in the last paragraphs, just the masses of proponents in general. Sorry for the confusion.

As for not eating, even if you're sitting on the couch watching TV, 6-10 hours is a long time to eat nothing. To do that on the bike seems completely pointless. What does that serve you? What else do you have to do while riding 100 miles?

It just seems so strange that it makes me wonder if there is any truth to it, hence my joke about it.

Last edited by fantom1; 08-09-17 at 06:48 PM.
fantom1 is offline  
Old 08-09-17, 07:24 PM
  #25  
hyegeek
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fantom1 View Post
As for not eating, even if you're sitting on the couch watching TV, 6-10 hours is a long time to eat nothing. To do that on the bike seems completely pointless. What does that serve you? What else do you have to do while riding 100 miles?
Watch the scenery.

While 6-10 hours is a long time to eat nothing, one of the interesting side effects of a keto diet is you can go long stretches without being hungry. Oddly enough, I find that putting out effort actually decreases my appetite for a while. This tends to result in the first day or two of a tour having me eat very little.

When my appetite does kick in, I may end up putting away quite a bit of food, but without feeling like if I don't eat, I won't be able to keep going.

Originally Posted by fantom1 View Post
It just seems so strange that it makes me wonder if there is any truth to it, hence my joke about it.
It's certainly true for me. It was not something I was looking to do, just something I discovered. In fact, I did not set out to go keto, my goal was to control blood sugars. After settling on a diet that worked, I later learned that I was in ketosis and this was a "thing" people did. In the same way, I learned from experience that I could go a long time without eating or being very hungry.
hyegeek is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.