Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Utility Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/utility-cycling/)
-   -   QR skewer for BOB trailer? (https://www.bikeforums.net/utility-cycling/1235165-qr-skewer-bob-trailer.html)

ironwood 07-21-21 01:58 PM

QR skewer for BOB trailer?
 
It seems that BOB has stopped making trailers, and I can't find any sources for a skewer. Does anyone know where I could get one? I want a longer one for a bike with 135mm dropouts.

Leisesturm 07-21-21 11:10 PM

I might have one actually, but the only part that is special is the ends. The threaded axle is common to all quick releases. Get the threaded rod part from the hub that is already on the new bike and swap.

veganbikes 07-22-21 10:20 AM

https://www.bobgear.com/accessories Scroll down a bit and they have trailers and accessories for trailers. Now they probably don't have any stock but that is mostly pandemic related.

ironwood 07-24-21 01:12 PM

Thanks for the tip. However, before I read your post I managed to find a skewer at a local bike shop. Too bad they stopped making the BOB; I thought it was a fine product.

veganbikes 07-24-21 08:45 PM


Originally Posted by ironwood (Post 22155992)
Thanks for the tip. However, before I read your post I managed to find a skewer at a local bike shop. Too bad they stopped making the BOB; I thought it was a fine product.

Did BOB actually stop making them? Is there evidence of that? I know everything is out for the pandemic but they still list them on their site in both the Yak and Ibex.

Though probably strollers for units were selling better for them especially now that people are inside together and have nothing better to do than to make more units. I prefer doing it for pleasure not for unit production but you know we are so dangerously underpopulated.

CliffordK 07-24-21 09:09 PM


Originally Posted by veganbikes (Post 22156434)
Did BOB actually stop making them? Is there evidence of that? I know everything is out for the pandemic but they still list them on their site in both the Yak and Ibex.

Hmm.. this is odd. Yes, the https://www.bobgear.com/ site seems to list the trailers as if nothing has changed.

REI lists it as "No Longer Available".
https://www.rei.com/product/885816/b...s-bike-trailer

Campfire Cycling lists:
https://www.campfirecycling.com/prod...s/bob-trailers

The BOB Trailer is no longer being manufactured by its parent company Britax. The parts should continue to be available into 2022 and we’ll be supplying them as long as we can. Get your spares while you can!

We carry all the parts and accessories, plus bags and cases designed to get the most out a BOB trailer.
Amazon lists the trailers as "Currently Unavailable".
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RH5DJY...hebestebike-20
https://arcus-www.amazon.com/BOB-Yak.../dp/B000RH7GKS

Back on the Bob website, the trailers definitely are buried down at the the bottom with strollers apparently being the primary focus at this time.

wesmamyke 07-27-21 10:09 PM

Burley has something very similar now: https://www.burley.com/product/coho-xc/

veganbikes 07-28-21 07:10 PM


Originally Posted by CliffordK (Post 22156457)
Hmm.. this is odd. Yes, the https://www.bobgear.com/ site seems to list the trailers as if nothing has changed.

REI lists it as "No Longer Available".
https://www.rei.com/product/885816/b...s-bike-trailer

Campfire Cycling lists:
https://www.campfirecycling.com/prod...s/bob-trailers


Amazon lists the trailers as "Currently Unavailable".
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RH5DJY...hebestebike-20
https://arcus-www.amazon.com/BOB-Yak.../dp/B000RH7GKS

Back on the Bob website, the trailers definitely are buried down at the the bottom with strollers apparently being the primary focus at this time.

Well darn! That kinda sucks.

Rick 08-04-21 10:53 AM

I called BOB a few months ago. They were bought out by a different company and the new company is only interested in strollers.

AeroGut 08-29-21 05:13 PM


Originally Posted by wesmamyke (Post 22160665)
Burley has something very similar now: https://www.burley.com/product/coho-xc/

That Burley version looks cool, but it weighs 21.5 lbs (I think BOB is about 15) and costs $490 plus a $30 axle ($60 if you use a thru-axle) that you have to buy separately.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.