Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Utility Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/utility-cycling/)
-   -   Big Dummy + Footsies = no fit (https://www.bikeforums.net/utility-cycling/506980-big-dummy-footsies-no-fit.html)

Chuckie J. 01-30-09 09:09 PM

Big Dummy + Footsies = no fit
 
Maybe I'm just a moron but I can't get my footsies to fit on my Big Dummy. They won't snap into place like they did on the xtracycle free radical. Is this normal?

Diggidy_Dylan 01-30-09 09:18 PM

no it's not. I don't have a BD /w footsies in front of me to look at... when I install them it seems they need to angled up a little until the silver rod slides in all the way. then pivot down and use the velco bit.
is the silver frame protector still in the frame?

Chuckie J. 01-30-09 09:26 PM


Originally Posted by Diggidy_Dylan (Post 8279014)
no it's not. I don't have a BD /w footsies in front of me to look at... when I install them it seems they need to angled up a little until the silver rod slides in all the way. then pivot down and use the velco bit.
is the silver frame protector still in the frame?

The silver frame piece (with the long bolt) is out. What velcro bit are you referring to?

On my xtra-cycle frame, it "snapped" on. On the BD, the black bit on the back of the Footsie just doesn't seem to be in the right spot. My footsies are old (2003?)-- do you think they changed the design/placement of the back peg? I could always drill another hole and place it in a better spot.

NormanF 01-30-09 09:52 PM

The BD uses a longtail kit whereas other bikes accept a free radical xtracycle kit. So the placement of the footsies may be different from what you're used to.

Diggidy_Dylan 01-31-09 01:54 AM


Originally Posted by NormanF (Post 8279178)
The BD uses a longtail kit whereas other bikes accept a free radical xtracycle kit. So the placement of the footsies may be different from what you're used to.

The rear end of the BD is identical to the Xtracycle Freerad.
Here is a link to a pic of footsies on a BD. The velcro bit I'm thinking of atatches to the part that sticks out a little. I think it's near the inner red stripe near the back.

Here is another pic. You can barely see the velcro on the left one.

Lastly, Xtracycle has gone open source. While your footsies may be outdated, there's always their schematics you can use to determine proper drilling. Here's the link.

Good luck. Hope this helps.
-Dylan

Chuckie J. 01-31-09 11:18 PM


Originally Posted by Diggidy_Dylan (Post 8280004)
The rear end of the BD is identical to the Xtracycle Freerad.
Here is a link to a pic of footsies on a BD. The velcro bit I'm thinking of atatches to the part that sticks out a little. I think it's near the inner red stripe near the back.

Here is another pic. You can barely see the velcro on the left one.

Lastly, Xtracycle has gone open source. While your footsies may be outdated, there's always their schematics you can use to determine proper drilling. Here's the link.

Good luck. Hope this helps.
-Dylan

Thank you, much. I will most likely re-drill.

AsanaCycles 02-09-09 11:32 PM

the frame of the BD has "foot rests" built in.
as in...
the BD frame already has footsies... of sorts.

its the wide portion of the frame... the part that looks like a running board.
you know.... the part that gets in way of the wood footsies.

obanta 02-11-09 09:07 PM


Originally Posted by AsanaCycles (Post 8335423)
the frame of the BD has "foot rests" built in.
as in...
the BD frame already has footsies... of sorts.

its the wide portion of the frame... the part that looks like a running board.
you know.... the part that gets in way of the wood footsies.

My thoughts exactly. So far the built-in ones have worked well for me. I was thinking of building a running board that goes all the way back on top of wide loaders, so that it would be nicer for two kids on the back.

AsanaCycles 02-15-09 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
built in "footsies" can be wrapped with friction tape, or other tape of your choice.

tim24k 02-18-09 02:35 AM


Originally Posted by Chuckie J. (Post 8278970)
Maybe I'm just a moron but I can't get my footsies to fit on my Big Dummy. They won't snap into place like they did on the xtracycle free radical. Is this normal?

That is odd. I have one of the first run Big Dummy and my Footsies I got last Xmas fit just fine.
They lay on top of the footsies that is built in and the velcro straps holds it in place.

Ciao,
-o-^o


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.