Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet
I have a lot of issues changing my clothing after a few drinks, I couldn't imagine doing it while riding a bike.

Seriously, the drinking part gets easier, just keep looking up the road and let your hands find the bottle. Changing bottles after the first is empty is made easier when you hold the empty bottle in you teeth, put the full bottle in the front cage, then replace the empty into the back cage.

For the pockets, I have a system where I always put items in the same pocket. My gel flask is always upside down in the right side pocket (be sure to close it after use). Extra fluid bottle will be in the center pocket for weight distribution and food bars, keys and cell phone are in the left pocket. If I have a jacket to take off that will go in the center, if available or even rolled up under my shirt in the front until a stop is made.

Changing clothing while riding is beyond my skill level.
One of my fears while racing is that I'll open my shirt and the full length zipper comes unattached.
That is a big problem. You have to have your jersey zipped when you cross the finish line with your arms in the air to show the sponsor's name.