View Single Post
Old 07-26-10, 02:09 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgePaul
I have a Thule Speedway 2 bike rack. It's very light, easy to adjust, and holds the bicycles very well. I definitely would trust it for a long trip on the highway. As far as marring up the car is concerned, that is a risk with any trunk mounted rack. I think using a clear plastic film, such as 3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film, where the straps attach to the body panels is a good idea.
You have a good protection strip to go between the car and the hooks on the Bike rack already------Old Inner tubes cut to a sensible length.

No idea on the make of my Bike rack- had it for 20 years and it is a good firm one. The saris bones gets a lot of votes- but my "Old" cheap beastie is good enough for a 2,000mile round trip to the South of France. You can feel if one is good if you open it up off the car. If it feels solid then get it.

And this rack has taken 3 bikes on 200 mile trips and 4 bikes with the wheels off for the same distance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dover..jpg (72.8 KB, 16 views)

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 07-26-10 at 02:14 PM.