View Single Post
Old 09-12-10, 03:20 PM
Triple8Sol
manonthemoon

Bikes: Current custom builds: FG=KHS Flite 100 DH=Transition Blindside FR=Transition Bottlerocket

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sulr
The white is just too dominant.
It's basically a ghost bike, sans white tires b/c I'm not a fan of colored tires, and some color in the form of anodized parts (not painted) since the finish is so much more durable and easier to maintain. Not that it really matters, but although I wouldn't build mine exactly like that, I love how it looks for a woman's bike. I know if I saw a chick riding this thing, it would add a point for sure.

Originally Posted by TheBikeRollsOn
Holy hell, what is the gear ratio, the rear cog looks huge. 46x20?
Just like it says in the first post. She's like 5'3" 110-120 I think, so no 80 GI here lol.

Originally Posted by polobreaka
here is my build for my gf. its not really a track frame though, more like a mixte. single speed.
Originally Posted by TheBikeRollsOn
Here is my girlfriends SS Mixte conversion townie. Again, I don't like the colors too much, but she likes it and rides it daily.
Originally I wanted to build her a Mixte, because standover just isn't an issue. It was a PITA finding a small enough frame with a perfectly horizontal tt while running 700c. Unfotunately she hated the style. She likes shiet like arrospokks and celeste, so I had to kill ideas like that. Wish I could've built it for $80 too! Went brand new on everything except the frame, stem, and soon-to-be-replaced bb and pedals.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 09-12-10 at 04:04 PM.