Old 11-17-11, 09:29 PM
tbessie

Bikes: Custom Ti Firefly Road Bike w/Campy Chorus; Custom Ti Steve Potts Touring Bike w/Shimano XT; Custom Steel Steve Rex lugged frame for everyday w/90's era Campy Veloce; Jamis Quest when Steve Rex is in the shop.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
Let's see, over 30,000 people killed by lawless motorists per year in the U.S. One's probability of being injured by scofflaw motorists over the course of an average lifetime are just about 50:50. JNow, just how many people have been killed by cyclists in the U.S. over the past century? A few less than 30,000, I would guess. Yet you are upset over scofflaw cyclists and are trying to pass it off as a concern over safety. Your claim seems insincere, to say the least.
Just because I am bringing up the issue of bad manners and lack of concern for safety, etc. among cyclists doesn't mean I am not aware of the danger motorists present, or see lack of a need to address problems in that regard.

However, that is another subject, and has nothing to do with the subject I started this thread with.

What has my sincerity got to do with it? I'm certainly sincere in my statement and concerns.

- Tim