TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 764 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by TheRealFaux
Either of you guys experiencing paint chipping beneath/around the seatpost binder bolt? Also curious if this occurs with constant use? I've switched seatposts a couple times and have taken it out few more times to put on/remove a seatpost mounted bottle rack. On a couple longer rides I notice my seatpost lower by a couple millimeters, so I readjust the post and tighten the bolt. Not sure if the paint just chips a little easily or if I'm overtightening (probably most likely). I chipped a little paint off my chainstay when I hit it with a wrench when I was checking my chain tension and I felt the like the paint came off a little easily, so that's why I ask.
This has not been my experience with the khaki green paint, but I've only installed the seatpost once and it has never slipped. If your seatpost is slipping, it may be too loose and you are bending the seat lug when you overtighten it. I have not had any paint chipping problems anywhere else on the frame either, and it has been subjected to the normal mild abuse of accidentally bumping into things, leaning against other bikes etc. IME paint chipping like you describe is the result of a faulty paint job, and may vary from frame to frame. One thing for sure, the paint job on my Rush is equal or better than my other steel frames such as the Kilo WT and Salsa Casseroll.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me